Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Other Music Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Guitar Hero. Awesome. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=44063)

dAnceguy117 11-14-2006 05:48 PM

Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

ps lip trill

pps free bird is annoying and took me three tries on Hard even though it's easy

MalReynolds 11-14-2006 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 994929)
ps lip trill

pps free bird is annoying and took me three tries on Hard even though it's easy

Freebird:

First three tries, failed near the end.

Next day, friend came over. I played Freebird and won with four stars.

Tra-la-la! Still stuck at "Bark at the Moon" or whatever in GH1 on expert.

dAnceguy117 11-14-2006 06:32 PM

I got 5 stars on Free Bird first pass. It's just that gay triplet section that's a little faster than the tempo of the music.

Yeah, it's Bark at the Moon. Try getting used to it on hard. It helps a lot with expert. Then, just abuse star power through the solos.

MalReynolds 11-14-2006 06:48 PM

I try to avoid using star-power for tricky parts - I think it's a cheap way to make it through songs. As a rule, I only use SP when I have a 4x going to boost my score.

dAnceguy117 11-14-2006 07:49 PM

Good luck, then. I wonder how I'd fare at not cheating through Bark at the Moon now that I'm decent. I'll try it out next time I get a chance to play GH1.

Xandertrax 11-14-2006 07:57 PM

Guitar Hero II - Jordan

It is pretty damn hard on expert.

The solo is so long, and so many notes...

It's hard.

Moogy 11-15-2006 03:46 PM

i wish i knew what lip trill meant

dAnceguy117 11-15-2006 06:52 PM

i guess ull never know

Leatherhead 11-15-2006 06:55 PM

i just got to play the new guitar hero game, and i'd say for a game based on such little to offer (univsersal wise) it's very fun! I personally thought it would be just a normal game where you'd just match the flowing beat commands like Dance Dance Revolution, but it really gets me to play famous songs! I'm amazed at this freakishly awesome game and give it 4/5 stars

dAnceguy117 11-15-2006 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leatherhead (Post 996537)
for a game based on such little to offer (univsersal wise)

Uh, what does that mean? I'm.. not following.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leatherhead (Post 996537)
it really gets me to play famous songs

You could've discovered that before buying it by looking at any kind of description of the game online anywhere.

goat6707 11-26-2006 12:06 AM

the best way to use start power is as soon as you get it, wether its half full or a little over, that way, when its full, you dont waste stars waiting for that 4x combo to arrive, if your like me and found the game easy and need to boost your score on, for example, freebird to over 440k, use the star power as soon as you get it. trust me :)

MalReynolds 11-26-2006 12:26 AM

Almost finished with GH1 on expert, still.

Finished "Bark at the Moon," but now I'm stuck on "Cowboys from Hell."

Tps222 11-26-2006 08:22 AM

Guitar Hero is a relatively easy music game. I was able to beat Expert on 1 and 2 in about 2 weeks. Practice mode definitely helped, but they made hammer-ons and pull-offs so much easier.

dead_juggalo 11-27-2006 09:38 PM

Wow, I made it 93% into Jordan on Expert then failed because I felt like my hand was going to fall off. But everyone knows the best song on there is...TROGDOR!!!!!!

dAnceguy117 12-9-2006 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dead_juggalo (Post 1013548)
Wow, I made it 93% into Jordan on Expert then failed because I felt like my hand was going to fall off.

I have a hard time believing you. You made it through all of the absolutely insane stuff in the solo, and you fail on the chorus?

I just started playing again. I had the last 5 songs on expert still to beat, so I finally got around to doing that. I might just start practicing Jordan and see if I can ever pull off a miracle.

Shashakiro 12-9-2006 10:53 AM

Played it for like a day at my friend's house...fun game, though it suffers HUGE negatives from me for having NO accuracy rating (like half the fun of music games to me)...and yeah, combo scoring is never a good thing in music games IMO. Star power idea is really neat though, and the game does have a nice overall feel to it...and since I'm satisfied with almost any game, it's good enough for me.

MalReynolds 12-9-2006 12:24 PM

I finished GH1 on expert, now going through and 5* everything. I'm 8/30 done, but you also have to do the additonal bonus tracks to get "Guitar God" status as well. I'm also slugging through GH2 on expert.

Also, first time playing Jordan I made it 44% through the song.

mead1 12-9-2006 01:24 PM

I've had it since last night, lots of fun. Firstly, I have to say I like this songlist less then GH1. Maybe the songlist rocks for you MetalxCore people, but I wanted the same variety that GH1 had in such abundance. This being said, GH2 is a blast. I like that they made hammer-ons actually doable, and I loved Freebird. I love Lars Umlaut. I've really enjoyed this so far, though I sincerely doubt I'll ever be able to do most of it on expert. The only thing that really bothered me was the redoing of Clive Winston. He was an awesome hippy-john lennon-look-alike, and now he just sucks. Not that characters matter.

XxXSkYbEaMXxX 12-27-2006 05:44 PM

Hm, I have GH1 and I like it. I've 5 starred everything to the last set on Expert. So then I got Guitar Hero 2 and was all happy and everything, put in the PS2, and played one song. TERRIBLE lag, froze in the middle of the song, it was ugleh. So I got another copy, same thing. Got ANOTHER copy, same thing. It pissed me off to no end.

ReikonKeiri 12-27-2006 06:24 PM

Bark at the Moon could possibly be the most annoying song in existence. I've failed at the 99% mark. Twice.