Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   How bad is your eyesight? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=117553)

FuzenAkuma 02-24-2011 11:19 PM

Re: How bad is your eyesight?

20/15 wut

Bynary Fission 02-25-2011 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3423995)
20/20 or better.
Wow Bynary, that's pretty bad. Just for a reference, if you can only see the E on the Snellen Test, you have around 20/400 vision. Now imagine 20/2000 :O

Heh, glad you mentioned that. When I got the Snellen Test 4 years ago, they had to bring the chart about 4 feet in front of my face just to see the E. Needless to say, they no longer use it on me. It's strange too - people say not being able to see anything below the E at 20 feet is really bad, but it doesn't seem much so at all to me. It's likely due to my skewed frame of reference, but still, it's not horrible or anything. Now 20/2000 - that's horrible, haha.

Also, E is actually 20/200.

Rubin0 02-25-2011 08:46 PM

holy shite it's Bynary Fission

XCV 02-25-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubin0 (Post 3424522)
holy shite it's Bynary Fission

This

Good to see you're back man.

I've worn glasses since I was like 6, I've never been able to do contacts and I like looking respected anyway. Never gotten it checked but I seem to be astigmatic in my right eye at least.

I suppose it's because I played the living daylights out of Super Mario World back in the day.

~HentaiXXX~ 02-25-2011 09:28 PM

still the worst eyesight I've ever heard of in my life. there's a girl in my school who has super thick lenses for her glasses, but I bet it's NOTHING compared to -10.00 >__>

MarukuAntoni 02-27-2011 01:27 PM

Used to be 20/14, but my job on a computer, I believe, messed up my vision to a 20/crappy. I think my lens are .5 and .75. Not too bad compared to my friends. I want my awesome vision back!

MopeyJoe 02-27-2011 02:03 PM

Hmm... let me do some mental math here:
-I have been playing games since before I can even remember things
-I spend an average of 20 - 30 hours on my computer or other form of video games every week
-I only go outside when I have to (before and after school, going out to eat, etc.)
-My eyes feel like they are ready to burst when it's kinda bright outside
-I live in Michigan (which means bright snow in winter)

Hmm... somehow, I still have 20/20 vision, if not better. And my vision has only gotten better since childhood (wait, that's reasonable)

Spenner 02-27-2011 04:28 PM

20-15, colourblind. I haven't had an eye test in awhile, it's gotten worse.

Kawaii025 03-3-2011 06:18 PM

-3.5 both eyes... Yay for never mixing my contacts! ;)

But then again, I do have an appointment in 2 weeks... :-|

BethanyBangs 03-3-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kawaii025 (Post 3428787)
-3.5 both eyes... Yay for never mixing my contacts! ;)

But then again, I do have an appointment in 2 weeks... :-|

Mine is too! Hi5.

blindreper1179 03-3-2011 06:35 PM

i can read the bottom of the eye chart at standard distance, whatever that is.

G.S.M 03-3-2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MopeyJoe (Post 3425650)
Hmm... somehow, I still have 20/20 vision, if not better. And my vision has only gotten better since childhood (wait, that's reasonable)

Yeah, as I said: your eyes don't get worse looking at a screen. Might get blurry or hurt or somesuch... easily fixed by looking away at other things. If you have a problem not related to it, then your eyesight may just get worse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MopeyJoe (Post 3425650)

-I have been playing games since before I can even remember things
-I spend an average of 20 - 30 hours on my computer or other form of video games every week
-I only go outside when I have to (before and after school, going out to eat, etc.)
-My eyes feel like they are ready to burst when it's kinda bright outside
-I live in Michigan (which means bright snow in winter)

Photophobia, if it's severe enough you should seek a doctor. If not... get your eyes more used to light.

ps. having a light on is a must if you have problems while watching tv or a computer monitor. Not an expert, but those seem to help me very well.