Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Stepmania (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   DDReamStudio - Official Guide (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=123423)

kommisar 09-17-2012 08:45 PM

Re: DDReamStudio - Official Guide

the uninstall feature on this was amazing top notch would recommend

Patashu 09-17-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3771560)

nice passive aggressiveness

hi19hi19 09-17-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

h8r

MarioNintendo 09-17-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

The sad part in all of that is that the uninstall feature is virtually inexistant. You're on your own with this one

Patashu 09-17-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3771660)
The sad part in all of that is that the uninstall feature is virtually inexistant. You're on your own with this one

I don't think ddream has an install process to begin with?

Wayward Vagabond 09-17-2012 11:57 PM

Nope just unzip and use

blindreper1179 09-19-2012 10:52 PM

So, I'm having a problem.

I've created and finished steps for a song. But they won't show up in stepmania at all.

I've saved it as an .sm file, but alas, nothing.

I figured it out.

For some reason I had to remake the folder, and rename everything (even though everything was named the same).

Thanks for your time in pms MarioNintendo. I'm posting this just incase it happens to anyone else.

trumaestro 10-3-2012 03:16 AM

bamp

Is there any way to change the resolution ddream runs at? I try stretching the window or maximizing but the waveform just reverts to the standard size. Running beta5 if that makes any difference.

Izzy 10-3-2012 03:20 AM

Whoa, just last night I was thinking about a program that would show the audio waves in this exact way in stepmania editor. I had no idea this already existed.

Might actually give this a go.

blindreper1179 10-3-2012 07:52 AM

You definitely should. It makes syncing soooo much easier. At least for a beginner like ourselves.

Spoiled_Milk 12-19-2012 08:08 AM

I can't even open after extracting...

MarioNintendo 12-19-2012 08:40 AM

What happens when you try to open it? Running ddreamstudio.exe is all you should do

Xiz 12-19-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoiled_Milk (Post 3821414)
I can't even open after extracting...

I have had this problem... I found that placing the extracted folder on the desktop ALONG with the song you want to choose on the desktop helps. So to open go into ddream folder, then open ddream and select your music file placed on the desktop?

Not sure if that helps at all but... try it?

Spoiled_Milk 12-19-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3821419)
What happens when you try to open it? Running ddreamstudio.exe is all you should do

Yea, I'm clicking .exe file and it doesn't even make an attempt to open, lol. Maybe I've misplaced some files? It's all being extracted to my desktop.

So to your suggestion, Xiz, I'd have to actually be able to open the program to start thinking about opening the music file haha. I'm not sure, I'm really pretty new to anything remotely close to stepping. I'm sure there's something I'm not doing right.

MarioNintendo 12-19-2012 12:35 PM

If you downloaded beta 5 try beta 6 and vice versa, otherwise I highly suggest you contact Jyris1 by email if it still doesn't work. ;)

Mourningfall 03-19-2013 03:23 PM

Thank you for this guide, it's helped me a lot.
Also, I was just wandering if anyone knew of any stepping programs that allow you to chart from a falling perspective?

cedolad 03-19-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoiled_Milk (Post 3821491)
Yea, I'm clicking .exe file and it doesn't even make an attempt to open, lol. Maybe I've misplaced some files? It's all being extracted to my desktop.

So to your suggestion, Xiz, I'd have to actually be able to open the program to start thinking about opening the music file haha. I'm not sure, I'm really pretty new to anything remotely close to stepping. I'm sure there's something I'm not doing right.

I've actually had this problem not too long ago, surprised to see someone else has it too sometimes.

The only solution I have is just try to restart the computer. Of course I don't have the time for that nonsense so I just wander off for an hour and it works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mourningfall (Post 3882614)
Thank you for this guide, it's helped me a lot.
Also, I was just wandering if anyone knew of any stepping programs that allow you to chart from a falling perspective?

Unfortunately no, unless you play osu! in which you can step for osu!mania. If not then I'm sure in the SM editor you can edit the player options and turn on reverse.

Spoiled_Milk 03-20-2013 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedolad (Post 3882654)
I've actually had this problem not too long ago, surprised to see someone else has it too sometimes.

The only solution I have is just try to restart the computer. Of course I don't have the time for that nonsense so I just wander off for an hour and it works.

A day late and a dollar short but thank you :-) I gave up trying a while ago but I may try it again some time.

MarioNintendo 03-20-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoiled_Milk (Post 3882854)
A day late and a dollar short but thank you :-) I gave up trying a while ago but I may try it again some time.

Idk how to do this in ddream, but at least in sm you can edit the options while in the editor so that when you aytest your file it's a falling perspective. Not perfect, but better than nothing I guess.

(ps updated links in the op, she's got moxie and look out the window links are broken, will fix that soon)

Flaker 03-28-2013 12:53 PM

One question: how to generate a .dwi file when my track is finalized?

I tried to open it with SM editor but no result :(