Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

igotrhythm 04-6-2011 07:23 PM

Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3447281)
How about allowing players to view the replay of a score they just played, in game? Ideally they could still save the replay after they watch it. This would save people the hassle of having to save the replay and then go to their replay page and open it.

^ This. One of the things I found about *Winning* while it was up was that the replay engine didn't incorporate the gimmick, which really was what made the level so entertaining. (Luckily, Hakulyte was able to bang out a AAA on video and upload it to YouTube for all to see.) I don't like the idea of being able to view a replay before saving it, though.

Niala 04-6-2011 09:57 PM

Offset appears to be broken. When you input a new offset the game auto-resets your offset to 0 when you close the "settings" menu.

foxfire667 04-6-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niala (Post 3447378)
Offset appears to be broken. When you input a new offset the game auto-resets your offset to 0 when you close the "settings" menu.

Current minor glitch, it doesn't save your offset, just also change your speed mod (set speed) and it will force save your offset.

Niala 04-6-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxfire667 (Post 3447380)
Current minor glitch, it doesn't save your offset, just also change your speed mod (set speed) and it will force save your offset.

Thanks very much.

rushyrulz 04-6-2011 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3447279)
In MP, it usually takes some time so that people join my room (not that it smells or anything, that's just the way it is sometime). I then happen to start doing other stuff in the end, completely forgetting about the room, while people entering get out 10 seconds later realizing that no one will reply.

My suggestion is: how about inputing an "alarm noise", a beep or something when a player enters the room? Sounds simple enough.

omg this

Also, some kind of sound effect for chat in the MP lobby, cuz most of the time I'm browsing the forums waiting for someone to come into MP and I miss some opportunities.

Also, @Everyone arguing the "mashing is fun" point, you're stupid.. you can mash all you want even if the new scoring system were to be implemented, you just wouldn't get a superior score to someone who didn't mash.

who_cares973 04-6-2011 10:51 PM

mashing is fun. going for boo count is fun

emulord 04-7-2011 11:50 AM

How about a better place for the Tournaments Subforum. Its kind of hidden. It should either be in FFR Events or out in the open

Velocity 04-7-2011 12:44 PM

I know nothing has happened lately, but I am working on things slowly.

Plan_Bsk81127 04-7-2011 01:05 PM

neat little feature there.

Zageron 04-7-2011 01:26 PM

Looks awesome.

emulord 04-7-2011 01:44 PM

Can {Lazy Summer Days} Gamma be a skill token song or something. I liked the song and steps much better Gamma'd

Also, for logging in, Play and Login are confusing. Perhaps Guest and Login would be more obvious.

Velocity 04-7-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emulord (Post 3447575)
Can {Lazy Summer Days} Gamma be a skill token song or something. I liked the song and steps much better Gamma'd

Also, for logging in, Play and Login are confusing. Perhaps Guest and Login would be more obvious.

The layout and text is just placefolders, login for the finished game will appear as a button on the menu itself, and not during startup. For now it was easier to jack into my really old login code from months before FFR even returned.

m0de 04-7-2011 05:07 PM

that login feature will make alot of mac users alot happier seeing as playing on standalone is pretty much useless for mac users at the moment. good work [:

bballa48 04-7-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m0de (Post 3447636)
that login feature will make alot of mac users alot happier seeing as playing on standalone is pretty much useless for mac users at the moment. good work [:

Is it true? Will the login work on standalone???

Please say yes.

jugglinguy 04-7-2011 10:12 PM

I love you, velocity.

Velocity 04-8-2011 01:49 AM

Ingame login will mean if you can run the game, you'll be able to record scores. OS independent.

ssbmbeliever 04-8-2011 03:30 PM

Velocity, this is just something I noticed... uhh... Possibly a blacklist?
Kind of like how you can say "Hide AAA's/FC's" But for a list you pick out? Like if you like doing random to FC all the songs you haven't yet, but you know some are really hard and just wanna ignore them for a bit until your skill level improves or something. Think you could do it? :P

m0de 04-8-2011 10:04 PM

err i know that you (velocity) have the ability to autoplay files.. how about making that public :3

ssbmbeliever 04-8-2011 10:24 PM

Oh also. It probably wouldn't be anything used too commonly, but a volume control function would be nice to have somewhere, for the rare occasions you wanna turn down/mute game volume while keeping your general system volume at the same level as before.

Velocity 04-9-2011 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssbmbeliever (Post 3448240)
Oh also. It probably wouldn't be anything used too commonly, but a volume control function would be nice to have somewhere, for the rare occasions you wanna turn down/mute game volume while keeping your general system volume at the same level as before.

Not possible, sorry.