Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

foxfire667 04-5-2011 08:03 PM

Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:

Originally Posted by xBBx Takedown (Post 3446933)
Idc what happens with the scoring system. I just want that MP idea to kick in with the 2 v 2s and solo looking screen.

So the 2+ pages of you posting about the scoring system were just because?

PS: Me to, multiple players and solo mp will be epic!

.Gazelle. 04-5-2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxfire667 (Post 3446936)
So the 2+ pages of you posting about the scoring system were just because?

PS: Me to, multiple players and solo mp will be epic!

I suck ass at solo (and 4-key lol) but it would be cool to see that implemented

xBBx Takedown 04-5-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Gazelle. (Post 3446937)
I suck ass at solo (and 4-key lol) but it would be cool to see that implemented

Not Solo like that. Like how the screen will look during single player mode lol.

.Gazelle. 04-5-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xBBx Takedown (Post 3446939)
Not Solo like that. Like how the screen will look during single player mode lol.

ROFL! my bad xD. I need to read thing more carefully

bmah 04-6-2011 12:15 AM

Song preview button (on the page of each FFR song) does not work. No music plays when pressed.

iironiic 04-6-2011 06:48 AM

Very late reply, but...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballa48 (Post 3446862)
I would argue the opposite. Tournaments have basically stopped, and skill tokens are rare appearances. There is no competition anymore.

I'm not talking about literal competition like tournaments and stuff. I'm talking about us trying to get better scores. I wish the ranking system is independent because I see getting scores that are "good" as a personal achievement rather than people trying to better against each other. But this would probably be ignored because FFR would need a makeover of everything if they ever considered a new ranking system.

EDIT: PA Based scoring is recommended in my opinion. But it doesn't matter now rofl

~Zeta~ 04-6-2011 08:40 AM

Another point for PA based scoring for less skilled people:

It gives them a chance to get decent ranks. People starting out won't always hit every arrow, so if they miss one, it won't be like rank 1,365,231 when they have a decent run.

Also, misses wouldn't be as disheartening. Like comboing RWOB, Pants, Blue Rose, Blue Army, etc. when you work that hard to get through a song and get ONE miss.

qqwref 04-6-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3447009)
Song preview button (on the page of each FFR song) does not work. No music plays when pressed.

Unless someone uploads all the songs somewhere (separate from the level swf's), I don't think this can ever really work again. Or at least, you would only ever be able to listen to a song when (a) you are logged in, and also (b) your account is allowed to play that song.

BillythaKidd 04-6-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xBBx Takedown (Post 3446933)
Idc what happens with the scoring system. I just want that MP idea to kick in with the 2 v 2s and solo looking screen.

I agree with fox on this one...instead of being able to just mash your way through the whole song, PA should account for something. The MP experience would be better in general if the person you were playing didnt always win by just hitting keys and not actually reading arrows...The 2v2 is a great idea takedown but i still feel MP will be better w/ PA being a priority.

LJRoX 04-6-2011 01:11 PM

Why couldn't they calculate raw scoring only?
Much easier..

Velocity 04-6-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3447166)
Unless someone uploads all the songs somewhere (separate from the level swf's), I don't think this can ever really work again. Or at least, you would only ever be able to listen to a song when (a) you are logged in, and also (b) your account is allowed to play that song.

nope, I have it designed in a way that allows this. Just need to update the player.

Also, if I don't read the last ~2 pages, I don't have to say anything.

YoshL 04-6-2011 02:10 PM

what would happen if a whole new set of ranks was developed, apart from avg and overall, just for the sake of pa based ranks?

Velocity 04-6-2011 02:18 PM

The sky would fall.

Something might be done, but plans for the next few months will ultimately decide that.

bballa48 04-6-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3447203)
The sky would fall.

Really?

Xx{Midnight}xX 04-6-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX (Post 3446720)
Return the mute button.

Please oh god please.

Reiterating this.

Velocity 04-6-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX (Post 3447241)
Reiterating this.

Request denied. lrn2block with adblock.

Xx{Midnight}xX 04-6-2011 03:36 PM

I do have ad block and it still plays bad menu music x.x

Zageron 04-6-2011 04:11 PM

inb4 fields.mp3

MarioNintendo 04-6-2011 04:55 PM

In MP, it usually takes some time so that people join my room (not that it smells or anything, that's just the way it is sometime). I then happen to start doing other stuff in the end, completely forgetting about the room, while people entering get out 10 seconds later realizing that no one will reply. I often miss opportunities.

My suggestion is: how about inputing an "alarm noise", a beep or something when a player enters the room? Sounds simple enough.

qqwref 04-6-2011 05:12 PM

How about allowing players to view the replay of a score they just played, in game? Ideally they could still save the replay after they watch it. This would save people the hassle of having to save the replay and then go to their replay page and open it.