Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   World of Warcraft (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=103683)

Squeek 03-15-2009 06:52 PM

Re: World of Warcraft

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necamus (Post 3017446)
You didn't do those quests while leveling? I thought the rewards were too good to pass up at level 75. I used the De-raged Waraxe til I bought a Titansteel Destroyer.

By the time I finished Zul'Drak, I was so pissed off with the zone that I couldn't wait to get to Sholazar.

Also I had no idea there were even quests at the Amphitheater. I thought it was a dungeon or something. Not a single NPC in Zul'Drak points you to it. There's one in Dalaran, but I didn't even know Dalaran had sewers until long after I hit 80. I don't remember the weapon I had, but whatever it was, it wasn't too much worse than the spell scalpel from kirin tor rep.

I apparently missed the last few quests in the Har'koa chain too, since those were 3-man quests.

Flaming_Dingleberry 03-15-2009 06:56 PM

Why is there an active WoW thread after RE5 released?

DrKirth 03-15-2009 09:38 PM

Because people are capable of playing more than one game at the same time.

bender5 03-15-2009 10:53 PM

Guild got OS 2 Drakes down today. We're going to do it again next week to clean it up, then move on to 3 Drakes.

We're gonna finish up Naxx tomorrow, if Turning Tide drops it's mine seeing as I have way more DKP than everybody. My dps will be AMAZING when that thing finally drops

Also, we were looking up people in our guild on wow heroes. Our MT is the best geared Alliance tank(2nd overall behind a horde tank) and our OT is in the top 10. As well as many of our players being a lot better geared than people in better guilds. Hopefully this will bode well for our progression when Ulduar comes out, and we'll rank up in the top 15 or 20 guilds.

Squeek 03-15-2009 11:35 PM

Run failed. Token purchased.

Sigh. Pugs are atrocious.

The group does so well on Friday night, but so many people are only available for one night and don't return on Saturday. It's like exponential decay. We got 2 quarters done one night, one quarter down the next, and only one boss down on the third. The problem on Friday, as I mentioned before, was that we had no warlocks, so we had to get through maggot hall without any deaths. And some people didn't have flying mounts so they had to be resummoned every time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flaming_Dingleberry (Post 3017825)
Why is there an active WoW thread after RE5 released?

Some people don't like some games.

*gasp*

tsugomaru 03-15-2009 11:36 PM

We took down KT today with 20 people and a holy paladin who obviously didn't know what she was doing. Kept running to the healers when she was mana bombed. We downed her when she was chained.

~Tsugomaru

devonin 03-16-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

a holy paladin who obviously didn't know what she was doing. Kept running to the healers when she was mana bombed.
Proper and complete fight explanation beforehand would/should have made this kind of problem go away.

tsugomaru 03-16-2009 05:37 PM

Our raid leader isn't dumb. He knows if we have to pug people, he'll have to explain the fight at least once before the battle. Even if a PUG doesn't understand the fight very well, he'll help them out. The paladin was still running around in circles after saying several times on vent, chats, and whispers to stop moving.

Explanations should have helped, but it didn't. =[

~Tsugomaru

devonin 03-17-2009 08:29 AM

/kick imbicile

Izzy 03-17-2009 12:33 PM

Stuck in authentication.. I'm pretty sure everyone is just trolling wow forums.

Relambrien 03-17-2009 12:53 PM

Well there is maintenance going on right now, supposed to end in a few minutes though. I'm assuming that's why the current issue is happening.

Izzy 03-17-2009 01:09 PM

Yea, they extended it another 2 hours. Looks like someone spilled coffee on the servers again.

Solid Dreams 03-17-2009 03:00 PM

They really need to upgrade their servers, anyways.

EVE Online, an MMO not even half as big as WoW, just upgraded to some super servers, and they can hold several hundred thousand on one server.

tsugomaru 03-17-2009 04:49 PM

Well, if you read my earlier post, all we had left was KT. We had no idea if this person knew what she was doing because she joined just for the last boss.

~Tsugomaru

Sullyman2007 03-18-2009 02:44 AM

Ugh. I'm thinking about leaving my guild. Hard to explain really.. they are a bit too casual for me. They are all wonderful people but to be honest, I didn't have much of a say in coming to this guild in the first place. My OLD guild was stagnant. Logged in one day and it was disbanded. Got a /tell from the old GM (who has since changed servers) asking me to join. Could have said no but they were people I already knew, so here I am.

I'm one of a select handful of active healers (literally only like 4. They have been trying to recruit but haven't had much luck). I'm almost level 79 and I think they expect me to start "raiding" with them.

I guess I just need advice.. how do I go about letting them know that I want out.

Squeek 03-18-2009 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sullyman2007 (Post 3019892)
they are a bit too casual for me

Quote:

I'm almost level 79 and I think they expect me to start "raiding" with them.
There is something wrong here.

They're too casual, and yet you don't like them because they want your help with raids as soon as you ding 80? I mean, they aren't smart if they expect you to be able to heal well right after hitting 80, but even so, raiding is the exact opposite of casual.

Sullyman2007 03-18-2009 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek (Post 3019901)
There is something wrong here.

They're too casual, and yet you don't like them because they want your help with raids as soon as you ding 80? I mean, they aren't smart if they expect you to be able to heal well right after hitting 80, but even so, raiding is the exact opposite of casual.

The guild itself is quite large, mostly alts, then it's a select group of people who actually do raids -sometimes-. They only just started (literally like last week) setting exact dates and times. And why would I not be able to 'heal right' after hitting 80? I've been holy since level one.

They never took it too seriously.. I guess that's just it.

ps not a single person online right now

Squeek 03-18-2009 04:40 AM

You can "heal right", but in quest reward gear, you won't be able to heal for a raid. You're better off starting to heal regular northrend instances and the easy heroics.

Goes like this. Regular instances -> Heroic instances -> 10-man raids -> 25-man raids

You're at the start of the chain. Healing isn't one of those roles that can be filled by just anyone, either. For example, having a few quest-reward dps in a 25-man raid really won't change too much. But with a quest reward healer, you're better off just keeping him around for the drops or to top people off, since that's about all you can do.

Also, it's 6:00AM on the East Coast, the place with the most WoW users. Obviously most people are going to be asleep.

tsugomaru 03-18-2009 09:17 AM

What's wrong with healing raids the second you hit 80? Healing is such a joke in WotLK. As long as you're specced for it, you'll heal just fine. You don't need super gear to succeed at it. We've had 3 of our top healers die in one battle and it was just me and some paladin who just hit 80 3 minutes ago heal and survive.

~Tsugomaru

bmxant 03-18-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsugomaru (Post 3019981)
What's wrong with healing raids the second you hit 80? Healing is such a joke in WotLK. As long as you're specced for it, you'll heal just fine. You don't need super gear to succeed at it. We've had 3 of our top healers die in one battle and it was just me and some paladin who just hit 80 3 minutes ago heal and survive.

~Tsugomaru

lmao, this is why I stopped playing....