Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

xBBx Takedown 04-5-2011 07:17 PM

Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballa48 (Post 3446899)
This pretty much sums it up I think.

I think we can all agree new players should not be "taught" that a mashed FC is something to strive for. A new scoring system would help ingrain it into the FFR community that the way to get better is practicing hitting the patterns, not just mindlessly mashing threw them.

Actually mashing sorta helps you read patterns better. I mash RATO and DP for a first song of the day then my PA pretty much is good after that.

bballa48 04-5-2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xBBx Takedown (Post 3446900)
Actually mashing sorta helps you read patterns better. I mash RATO and DP for a first song of the day then my PA pretty much is good after that.

Dude, that is called warming up. There is no way mindlessing smashing the keys makes your PA better.

And even if it did-- no one is stopping you from doing that. We aren't trying to enforce an anti mashing law.

Simple question. Which score is better.

1336-0-0-1-0 on EHHS missing at 600,

or 1000-300-37-0-100?

FFR says the second score is better. I don't really see why this is even a debate.

xBBx Takedown 04-5-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballa48 (Post 3446903)
Dude, that is called warming up. There is no way mindlessing smashing the keys makes your PA better.

And even if it did-- no one is stopping you from doing that. We aren't trying to enforce an anti mashing law.

Simple question. Which score is better.

1336-0-0-1-0 on EHHS missing at 600,

or 1000-300-37-0-100?

FFR says the second score is better. I don't really see why this is even a debate.

Combo is higher. That's all. But honestly, PA basing and combo basing both of the downsides like no tomorrow. So idc what goes down.

foxfire667 04-5-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xBBx Takedown (Post 3446909)
But honestly, PA basing and combo basing both of the downsides like no tomorrow.

What are the serious downsides to a PA scoring system, especially compared to the system we have currently? I kind of want to hear what they are considering you keep bringing it up...

xBBx Takedown 04-5-2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxfire667 (Post 3446910)
What are the serious downsides to a PA scoring system, especially compared to the system we have currently? I kind of want to hear what they are considering you keep bringing it up...

One downside is everyone who is good at the game will get a higher rank then a FC. A FC matters the most tbh.

Plan_Bsk81127 04-5-2011 07:45 PM

All i gotta say to that response is just lol

xBBx Takedown 04-5-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 (Post 3446913)
All i gotta say to that response is just lol

A FC does lower your average rank lol.

bballa48 04-5-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xBBx Takedown (Post 3446912)
One downside is everyone who is good at the game will get a higher rank then a FC. A FC matters the most tbh.

In what way does an FC matter most, other than because it is essential under the CURRENT scoring system?

xBBx Takedown 04-5-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballa48 (Post 3446915)
In what way does an FC matter most, other than because it is essential under the CURRENT scoring system?

Lowers your average rank. Anyways!

qqwref 04-5-2011 07:48 PM

Seems simple enough to me, PA takes lots more skill than mashing does, so the game is more interesting if we prefer messy scores with good PA to messy scores with low misscount.

bballa48 04-5-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xBBx Takedown (Post 3446916)

And why does it lower my average rank?

Plan_Bsk81127 04-5-2011 07:50 PM

lol PA scoring = bad because the good players will be ranked higher. Sorry thats just too funny.

xBBx Takedown 04-5-2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballa48 (Post 3446918)
And why does it lower my average rank?

Uhm idk lol. Guess cause you FC'd lol. Or have gotten good PA. Either one lol

bballa48 04-5-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xBBx Takedown (Post 3446921)
Uhm idk lol. Guess cause you FC'd lol. Or have gotten good PA. Either one lol

It lowers my average rank because the scoring system rewards FCs over PA.

If the scoring system changes, mashing FCs will no longer lower my average rank.

(is this that hard..?)

By the way xBBx Takedown, nothing personal against you. I just don't get your arguments, at all. You are, nonetheless, entitled to your opinions, of course.

xBBx Takedown 04-5-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballa48 (Post 3446924)
It lowers my average rank because the scoring system rewards FCs over PA.

If the scoring system changes, mashing FCs will no longer lower my average rank.

(is this that hard..?)

By the way xBBx Takedown, nothing personal against you. I just don't get your arguments, at all. You are, nonetheless, entitled to your opinions, of course.

Of course. I'm use to people saying that. Doesn't offend me that much lol. And I rarely mash so...

Plan_Bsk81127 04-5-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballa48 (Post 3446924)

He be the next Stavie!

bballa48 04-5-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 (Post 3446927)
He be the next Stavie!

Haha I do see similarities.

foxfire667 04-5-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xBBx Takedown (Post 3446916)

Well it depends. Obviously if you had a bit of misses and then you cleaned them up it would increase your score, lowering your average rank (if your pa was about the same). What we are basically saying is that instead of a miss "making or breaking" your score, it just becomes a regular deduction instead.

Instead of (max combo * 1000), it would be (every arrow you hit + 1000) instead. This way PA and combo are on the same level instead of combo being your absolute top priority and pa being an afterthought.

Essentially, we are saying something like a 6.0.1.1 on Red Wings Over Baron with a 2000 combo shouldn't be a pathetic rank, when a 873.341.0.1430 is a fairly decent one just because of combo. The real question here is who do YOU think deserves the better rank on the leaderboards...someone who obviously has enough skill to do the song pretty well, or someone who obviously cannot play the song well enough to read most of it?

.Gazelle. 04-5-2011 07:59 PM

I personally would like it if the scoring systen wasn't combo based i would give better players a reward for being better and encourage newer players ( who actually want to put time into the game ) to get better /myopinion

xBBx Takedown 04-5-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxfire667 (Post 3446930)
Well it depends. Obviously if you had a bit of misses and then you cleaned them up it would increase your score, lowering your average rank (if your pa was about the same). What we are basically saying is that instead of a miss "making or breaking" your score, it just becomes a regular deduction instead.

Instead of (max combo * 1000), it would be (every arrow you hit + 1000) instead. This way PA and combo are on the same level instead of combo being your absolute top priority and pa being an afterthought.

Essentially, we are saying something like a 6.0.1.1 on Red Wings Over Baron with a 2000 combo shouldn't be a pathetic rank, when a 873.341.0.1430 is a fairly decent one just because of combo. The real question here is who do YOU think deserves the better rank on the leaderboards...someone who obviously has enough skill to do the song pretty well, or someone who obviously cannot play the song well enough to read most of it?

Idc what happens with the scoring system. I just want that MP idea to kick in with the 2 v 2s and solo looking screen.