Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   [Concluded] drizzleRomanceGirl's FFR Team Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=130860)

TheSaxRunner05 07-15-2013 10:59 PM

Re: drizzleRomanceGirl's FFR Team Tournament

Herp herp herp

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-16-2013 12:10 AM

Ksl33zy24 has been kicked out of the tournament because he did not vote or give me any notice about going on vacation. >.< Unfortunately, all the people who would like to join but were too late to sign-up are at least in the Intermediate division, so team 1 of Beginner division will only have three people participating (at least for now). Also, loop123456 has received the most votes, so he is the team captain for team 1 of the Beginner division! :)

hcmushroom 07-16-2013 12:12 AM

woohoo let's get this started

HalfStep 07-16-2013 12:38 AM

Song preview hype 2.0! ~_~

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-16-2013 12:42 AM

All the team captains have been decided! First of all, please don't forget to post your team names, team captains. :) Also, I am posting the hints for the songs that will be for all five rounds of the first cycle, so team captains, please decide within the next few days the order that your teams will participate for the first round! ^.^ Remember, PLEASE DO NOT POST THE ORDER OF YOUR TEAM IN THE THREAD; PM (private message) ME THE ORDER, and I will post the order of each team after the first round starts. Also, remember that for every division: rounds 1 and 5 will be the most difficult, rounds 2 and 4 will be average difficulty, and round 3 will be the easiest round.

Beginner division song hints
For round 1 of the Beginner division, the length of the song is average, and be sure to look out for tricky rhythms.
For round 2 of the Beginner division, the length of the song is particularly short, but it has trills, jumps, and bursts.
For round 3 of the Beginner division, the length of the song is average, and there are a lot of jumps (but not jumpstreams) in the song.
For round 4 of the Beginner division, the length of the song is average, and there are both streams and jacks.
For round 5 of the Beginner division, the length of the song is average, and the patterns are a little bit of a lot of things, so this song is fairly balanced overall.

Intermediate division song hints
For round 1 of the Intermediate division, the length of the song is average, and there are jumpstreams and bursts.
For round 2 of the Intermediate division, both the length of the song and the patterns are fairly balanced overall.
For round 3 of the Intermediate division, the length of the song is average, and there are tricky rhythms.
For round 4 of the Intermediate division, the length of the song is average, and there are a lot of jumpstreams.
For round 5 of the Intermediate division, the length of the song is average, and there are BPM (beats per minute) changes (changes in the tempo), and a lot of jumps (not jumpstreams).

Advanced division song hints
For round 1 of the Advanced division, the length of the song is really long, and there are a lot of jumps (not jumpstreams) and jacks.
For round 2 of the Advanced division, the length of the song is average, the tempo is very fast, and there are a lot of trills and rolls.
For round 3 of the Advanced division, the length of the song is really long, the tempo is really fast, and there are a lot of streams.
For round 4 of the Advanced division, the length of the song is really long, and the patterns are fairly balanced overall.
For round 5 of the Advanced division, the length of the song is average, and there are jacks, trills, and rolls.

I hope everyone finds these hints useful! :)

P.S. loop123456, since your team only has three people in it right now, the order will have two extra people. However, if you continue to have three people for the rest of the tournament, you may use the same extra person more than once in the tournament, but the other extra person must be different every cycle, and you may not use the same extra person in all three cycles. ^.^

ryuyasha 07-16-2013 01:42 AM

Ooh, this is great. So much hype.

So for purposes of clarity and organisation, when is play order due, and when will the first cycle start?

Also will there be any (planned) gaps between rounds or cycles, or straight up one to the next?

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-16-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryuyasha (Post 3939675)
Ooh, this is great. So much hype.

So for purposes of clarity and organisation, when is play order due, and when will the first cycle start?

Also will there be any (planned) gaps between rounds or cycles, or straight up one to the next?

I'll give the team captains up to three days (hopefully sooner) to post the team names in the thread and PM me the order of their teams, and once all the names and orders are sent, the first round will start really soon after that. :) There will be no gaps between each round, and each round will start immediately after the next round ends. However, there will be a two-day gap before the second and third cycle start for the song hints in case the team captains would like to change the order of their team for the second and/or third cycle. ^.^

HalfStep 07-16-2013 01:57 AM

You could just post song hints for the following Cycle during the 5th round of the previous one, and save the downtime :D

ryuyasha 07-16-2013 01:57 AM

Sounds great. Thanks for doing your best to make sure this tournament happens and goes well. Donating 13,582 credits.

Edit:
Quote:

Originally Posted by HalfStep (Post 3939682)
You could just post song hints for the following Cycle during the 5th round of the previous one, and save the downtime :D

The problem with that is if team captains are playing the last round they will have to split their time and focus in multiple directions. Plus a short break between long cycles might be nice for everyone. We can recharge our cheer meters. xD

Yay.

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-16-2013 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryuyasha (Post 3939683)
Sounds great. Thanks for doing your best to make sure this tournament happens and goes well. Donating 13,582 credits.

Edit:

The problem with that is if team captains are playing the last round they will have to split their time and focus in multiple directions. Plus a short break between long cycles might be nice for everyone. We can recharge our cheer meters. xD

Yay.

No problem; I'm having a lot of fun hosting the tournament! XD Thank you for the donation! :)

One Winged Angel 07-16-2013 01:27 PM

Since no one on my team seems to really care about our team name (including myself), just put us down as Advanced Team 2: Electric Boogaloo.

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-16-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 3939857)
Since no one on my team seems to really care about our team name (including myself), just put us down as Advanced Team 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Okay. XD

hcmushroom 07-16-2013 01:47 PM

we'll go with key smashers for our team

ryuyasha 07-16-2013 03:24 PM

I love that almost all the Intermediate teams have names. BTW our team is named, just waiting for Loop to post it and make it official. We discussed play order strategies late last night, and in addition to waiting until we can discuss with Soldat he is probably taking some time to think about those too. My guess is he will post team name and PM team order around the same time.

shadow 1800 07-16-2013 03:27 PM

I would have totally joined this tournament if i had internet sooner :( good luck though guys!

loop123456 07-16-2013 04:39 PM

We will be called The Synchopaths

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-16-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loop123456 (Post 3940005)
We will be called The Synchopaths

XD I love that name. ^.^

loop123456 07-16-2013 04:56 PM

any reason you are putting "team" in front of every team
so it would become "team the baka rangers" instead of "the baka rangers"

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-16-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loop123456 (Post 3940035)
any reason you are putting "team" in front of every team
so it would become "team the baka rangers" instead of "the baka rangers"

It's just so that it's more simple, so that everyone knows they're all teams. ^.^ I'll be referring to the teams without the word "team" before the names though. :)

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-16-2013 08:12 PM

Remember to post your team names and PM me the orders of your teams soon, team captains! :)