Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Geocaching??? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149048)

mellonxcollie 04-8-2018 12:44 PM

Re: Geocaching???

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace (Post 4616029)
people like you are how trump gets elected

this is legitimately one of the funniest things anyone has ever said to/about me

MinaciousGrace 04-8-2018 12:49 PM

i mean it's only funny because you're entirely oblivious to the fact that you are projecting your insecurities onto me and using that as an excuse to to remove logic from your decision making

which is exactly what trump voters did

qed

Cavernio 04-8-2018 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace (Post 4616008)
i dont see how trekking to a predefined location to find condoms in various states of use can be considered more fun and/or equivalently juvenile to refining our understanding of something like the expanse and depth of the mayan civilization

I didn't call geocaching 'more fun' or 'juvenile'. Nor did I say that studying the mayans is 'more fun' or 'intellectual'. That was alllll you.

Quote:

if you think misconceptions about previous civilizations negate the entire purpose of the field of archaeology and that attempting to understand the arc of human history is an exercise that exists only to feed ones own ego then really i dont know what to say other than you are as stupid as your defense of geocaching
It's just that the misconceptions about the past are based on our current perceptions. We can't even sort that out IN THE PRESENT.

But, actually, it's -not very hard- to understand the cycle of the growth and fall of civilization. It's just another one of the cycles of existence. Another one of the layers. It follows a pattern, like a human's life follows a pattern, like evolution follows patterns.

Quote:

like holy shit the more i read your post the more i cant imagine how you can defend your own continued existence
well that's...an interesting and entirely off-topic discussion that you would, ummm, yeah...you wouldn't be on board with it it seems.

Quote:

your own logic if you cannot know everything in totality, if there is even a speck of doubt in any of your beliefs or understanding of anything, then your existence is an irresponsible abuse of the human mind masking ignorance with "nicheness" and you should just kill yourself
I didn't say that there is no purpose to either geocaching or archaeology. Your interpretation is that I implied that. I did not.

Quote:

like really there are a dozen alternative avenues of defense for doing something stupid and intellectually non-engaging but you managed to pick the one where you attack an important established academic field as being stupid, pointless, and fake

what???
It's not stupid and not intellectually unengaging, that was my point. I picked this topic specifically because specifically you broached the subject.

Really.

I have a -very strange view of life- these days

I have a LOT of logic inside my head though.

MinaciousGrace 04-8-2018 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cavernio (Post 4616034)
It's not stupid and not intellectually unengaging, that was my point.

i don't dispute that you didn't literally say what i interpreted you as meaning

that being said i had to read between the lines because your post was largely incoherent and unintelligible

i don't know in what universe anyone could glean that point from your words, and if you stand by what you said as a legitimate means of communicating that point then my point still stands

unless that was intended, and the fact that nobody else seems to be able to decipher your message or understand it in anyway such as to comment on it in either defense or condemnation was by design, in which case, kudos

i also disagree with the quoted assertion (obviously), like i said before, i don't see how following a path to a blinking light on your phone to find some object(s) placed by someone else who did the same thing can possibly be intellectually engaging, or more importantly, have any functional purpose other than wasting time or validating the time of the person who came before you, which is equally as stupid

i mean i could sit here and say that peeling discarded gum off the bottom of a table at a mcdonalds and reusing it isnt stupid or intellectually unengaging but those words wouldn't have any weight because no matter how you look at it objectively it is an incredibly stupid way to spend your time, irrespective of whether or not you enjoy it

MarcusHawkins 04-8-2018 01:15 PM

WOAH this thread was made 4 days ago, and it's still getting a lot of attention...

We go from Geocoaching to Mina's rants; but why does it spark this much attention?

Mahou 04-8-2018 01:16 PM

It’s because drama follows Mina

drizzleRomanceGirl 04-8-2018 02:12 PM

please stop arguing D:

Cavernio 04-8-2018 06:23 PM

Feel free to think of it as stupid if you want.

(I just left the page open all afternoon.)

Dinglesberry 04-8-2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace (Post 4616035)
that being said i had to read between the lines because your post was largely incoherent and unintelligible

woaw an unintelligable cavernio post riddle in metaphors and riddles?!?! who woulda thought!!!

plot twist everyone is dumb, including yourself (and me)

Dinglesberry 04-8-2018 06:53 PM

also its drama when you care, at the end of the day its like "lol thread on ffr"

gold stinger 04-8-2018 07:03 PM

I find it ironic that the drama in here started because there was a misconception to the appeal of Geocaching and yet I pointed to the most likely culprit to the appeal of Geocaching in my post in here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4615708)
I've been geocaching multiple times, since my father had a mid-life crisis with geocaching being a sport for him for a dozen years or so.

I think the greatest appeal for geocaching has got to be that, most geocaching locations are located on rather active trails or bike paths through woodland areas. The geocache in itself acts as an 'easter egg' so to say, that would be otherwise excruciatingly hard to find without any sort of hints or assistance in finding it.

ShadoWolfe hit another appeal on the head for it. It can also act as a destination, or point of interest during a hike, where people can write a note for the geocache indicating they hiked to that location and found it. People can also exchange trinkets & oddities at the same time, but it's not necessary.

Dinglesberry 04-8-2018 07:42 PM

What do you call someone who hates geocaching? not a geocacher, a geobasher!!! xDDDDDDDD

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4616063)
ShadoWolfe hit another appeal on the head for it. It can also act as a destination, or point of interest during a hike, where people can write a note for the geocache indicating they hiked to that location and found it. People can also exchange trinkets & oddities at the same time, but it's not necessary.

so basically, justify doing trivial shit by doing trivial shit while doing trivial shit

rushyrulz 04-8-2018 07:46 PM

man that was some delicious popcorn.

Cavernio 04-8-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4616061)
woaw an unintelligable cavernio post riddle in metaphors and riddles?!?! who woulda thought!!!

LOL you just made my day

Min doesn't frequent TGB, to be fair, and like...a few years ago I probably would have agreed with Min in spirit.

Dinglesberry 04-8-2018 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cavernio (Post 4616079)
LOL you just made my day

Min doesn't frequent TGB, to be fair, and like...a few years ago I probably would have agreed with Min in spirit.

fuggg i thought you blocked me xdd lol i hope u kno im just messin ;p

Cavernio 04-8-2018 09:02 PM

You know I'm all about that forgiveness stuff :p

Oh, speaking of archaeology and Easter's a teaser? No dudes. Easter ISLAND is the teaser. Where humanity seemingly decimated itself, cut down all the trees, built monuments, destroyed all the nature. It's one thing that humanity -doesn't need to make happen- to the entire planet.

But we gotta smarten the fuck up. Geocaching, old gum eating and archaeology, at face value, are fine and benign. The old gum-eating is actually A+ recycling :p

rushyrulz 04-8-2018 09:21 PM

nice slam poem

*snaps appreciatively*

drizzleRomanceGirl 04-8-2018 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cavernio (Post 4616083)
Oh, speaking of archaeology and Easter's a teaser? No dudes. Easter ISLAND is the teaser. Where humanity seemingly decimated itself, cut down all the trees, built monuments, destroyed all the nature. It's one thing that humanity -doesn't need to make happen- to the entire planet.

But we gotta smarten the fuck up. Geocaching, old gum eating and archaeology, at face value, are fine and benign. The old gum-eating is actually A+ recycling :p

yeah i don't want the world to eventually be like The Giver where there are no animals or weather anymore at least in the area they were in

i hope in 200 years there are still plenty of animals and nature

choof 04-9-2018 12:57 AM

idk why ppl take mina srsly after he outted himself as a fedorable in a thread about religion

Celirra 04-9-2018 02:30 AM

idk why ppl take anything seriously after they've shown they have a stance I disagree with