Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Ravi Zacharias (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=131364)

Reincarnate 08-12-2013 06:08 PM

Re: Ravi Zacharias

Oh, if you want to see an example of this guy's logic getting shat upon (and if you want to learn where morality comes from)

Choofers 08-12-2013 06:09 PM

Okay, I'm two minutes in and he just said "we'll be doing some heavy duty thinking."

Reincarnate 08-12-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star reaper (Post 3957948)
Why do you say that?

because he has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.

see previous video. guy is notoriously dishonest and ignorant. there are many more examples, to be sure.

star reaper 08-12-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choofers (Post 3957951)
Okay, I'm two minutes in and he just said "we'll be doing some heavy duty thinking."

Okay, and being two minutes in means you have no idea what he has discussed. You really should watch the video before making a comment.

star reaper 08-12-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 3957952)
because he has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.

see previous video. guy is notoriously dishonest and ignorant. there are many more examples, to be sure.

Okay, if there are any examples you can give, then please do so.

Reincarnate 08-12-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star reaper (Post 3957955)
Okay, if there are any examples you can give, then please do so.

Watch the video. Focus on one example first.

Choofers 08-12-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star reaper (Post 3957954)
Okay, and being two minutes in means you have no idea what he has discussed. You really should watch the video before making a comment.

Given this guy's history of being a fucking idiot, I think I can assume a few things.

But yeah, I'm watching it.

Nullifidian 08-12-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star reaper (Post 3957943)
Well, one thing he tends to do is use stories to apply an idea. Maybe you are not connecting the story and thought that he brings up.

If that's the case, he's doing a really poor job of getting a message across. He dresses up his stories in vagueness up to the point where the story is just an event that happened without any clear message and when he does finally give a concrete conclusion he gives no explanation for it. Not to mention that he jumps to conclusions that are illogical to begin with. When he was talking about shame for example, he makes a lot of assumptions that don't make sense. Feeling shame is not the same as feeling empathy, and when he mentions how a rapist could just use medicine to ignore shame (lol) it doesn't at all mean that the rapist will get away with it or that rational thinking people will all turn into this (which is what he's implying when he says that when we feel no shame we turn into monsters). Even more so, most rapists have psychological issues that go far deeper than simple shame and feeling shame won't be reason enough for them to just magically stop. It's oversimplifying what is actually at play. There are just so many things he's saying that don't make any sense. Too much to address. They're fancy faux-profound stories.

Choofers 08-12-2013 06:13 PM

"The sacred meaning of marriage, the sacred meaning of sexuality."

Sacred based on what?

"Coherent set of answers to the existential questions that confront all human beings through their passage of life."

Well guys, that coherent set of answers is actually the Bible. That's it. Life answered. I have seen the light. Time to set aside all rational thinking and live my life out using a fairy tale.

star reaper 08-12-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choofers (Post 3957957)
Given this guy's history of being a fucking idiot, I think I can assume a few things.

But yeah, I'm watching it.

Who's history? Also, please no profanity.

Choofers 08-12-2013 06:18 PM

Ravi's history lmao.

star reaper 08-12-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 3957956)
Watch the video. Focus on one example first.

Didn't notice the video you sent.

star reaper 08-12-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choofers (Post 3957964)
Ravi's history lmao.

What do you know about Ravi's history then?

Reincarnate 08-12-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star reaper (Post 3957965)
Didn't notice the video you sent.

see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyd6om8IC4M

I'm mostly posting this for everyone else reading the thread, since this video is one of the best/easily-understood videos on the internet for understanding morality and why Creationists are full of shit when it comes to stuff like this.

This one is also good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgHoyTvyh4o

But people who have already been brainwashed by religion won't ever bother to take either of these videos into intellectually honest, careful consideration, so I am not posting this to you: I already know you won't respond to them in an honest way.

Choofers 08-12-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star reaper (Post 3957966)
What do you know about Ravi's history then?

The fact that he thinks that Christianity can answer everything about life (including destiny (which is bullshit)), the fact that he SKIPS OVER empirical evidence for evolution in order to justify creationism, and that his sermons are generally 45-minute long appeal-to-emotion fallacies.

Choofers 08-12-2013 06:26 PM

11 minutes in and I'm fairly certain he's twisting personal experiences to his cause, nice one!

edit: oops he brought up tolerance. Tolerance is literally hindering scientific progress so uh, yeah man.

Reincarnate 08-12-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choofers (Post 3957973)
11 minutes in and I'm fairly certain he's twisting personal experiences to his cause, nice one!

edit: oops he brought up tolerance. Tolerance is literally hindering scientific progress so uh, yeah man.

andy-o24 08-12-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 3957967)

Very good find. That is clear and sensible.

-o24

Choofers 08-12-2013 06:33 PM

Okay, I can't fucking handle this anymore. I wonder if anyone in the audience is tracking with him, although I'd be willing to bet that the majority are smiling and nodding their heads when he says anything relating to Christianity.

star reaper 08-12-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 3957950)
Oh, if you want to see an example of this guy's logic getting shat upon (and if you want to learn where morality comes from)

Well, first thing I noticed is that when he repeated back what Ravi Zacharias said, he actually didn't understand. What Ravi is saying that for there to be a frame work of absolute morality, there must be a being that can give it. If there isn't than what the person in the video has said is true. But I never did hear as to why these things exist. All I saw was him saying how things work under certain circumstances. Never really as the how these idea's exist.