Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   FFR Community Pack Summer 2011 (Submissions Open) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=118623)

ddr_f4n 05-4-2011 07:20 PM

Re: FFR Community Pack Summer 2011 (Submissions Open)

Actually, I'll submit Melt and Join as a full version if that's okay with GD.

It's 4 min. long though x.x

stargroup100 05-4-2011 07:50 PM

but now I don't feel like doing it anymore now that kommi's finished it

to be honest I don't know why but making 2 awesome virt charts actually mitigates the awesomeness of both of them unless one completely outshines the other

Gundam-Dude 05-5-2011 12:12 PM

I'm fine with that Gpop.

Contain (Debit13)
Heavy - Good for those that aren't great at mine dodging and jacks. Yes
Oni - Very danger mines! Good mine usage, thought that it fit the feel of song. Well layered and good for scoring. Digging that colour theory gimmick. Yes

Shoujo Satori ~ Innumerable Eyes (Niko)
On the repetitive side but can't be helped due to not cutting the song. Well layered, just a bit lackluster since there isn't that much going on. Not many people step Demetori, so this was refreshing to see. Yes

Risky Boots Battle (Duplica)
Fairly tough for index because of the jump usages but it does feel like a keyboard file at the same time, lol. Short and sweet. I'm willing to pass this off since it's almost borderlining a spread chart and still feels nice to play when not indexing this. Yes

xferrarix 05-5-2011 01:54 PM

Kommisar finish Moches' Play It Loud and make it xmod. That'd be an awesome file

its ver Groundhog material

i love you 05-5-2011 02:31 PM

Wow, 15 files already xD

AsphyxZero 05-5-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xferrarix (Post 3461963)
Kommisar finish Moches' Play It Loud and make it xmod. That'd be an awesome file

its ver Groundhog material

i already started stepping play it loud before moches started it lmao, someone finish my file for it (it's almost exactly like moches' file and it has xmods already started)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R1R9H6W2

ddr_f4n 05-5-2011 02:49 PM

Damn, at this rate I might not finish the second part and just submit the first part.

kommisar 05-5-2011 03:05 PM

Virt totally did Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Arrange Mode Soundtrack

might pull one of my submitted files if I step any of it hehu

k **** it i totally am

MarioNintendo 05-6-2011 07:39 PM

Sent in Stress by xKore. :3

SocoNhydro420 05-6-2011 08:09 PM

sent in Destination a few days ago, only one difficulty for it though

sakura080789 05-6-2011 08:23 PM

doing Kommi's remix of Foughten Field :)

Shikari 05-7-2011 07:41 PM

Just sent my You Goddamn Fish chart. Now, I'll work on my collab with MarioNintendo for FFR and other charts for this pack.

MarioNintendo 05-7-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shikari (Post 3463208)
Just sent my You Goddamn Fish chart. Now, I'll work on my collab with MarioNintendo for FFR and other charts for this pack.

:shock:

Let's-a-do this, woohoo

Gundam-Dude 05-9-2011 06:46 PM

Destination (SocoNhydro420)
Oni - The layering is rather inconsistent and pattern usages weren't all that great (e.g. jacks formed from the streams that don't emphasize anything). Also the choice to halve the BPM didn't really do much other than make reading a lot more denser than it should be; sticking with 200BPM would've been better. Bass and percussion is very prominent in the song yet you choose to layer only the less prominent melody with jumps which I found didn't flow too well. File has an old school feel to it and the structure and rhythms weren't bad, but this need major tweaking in terms of sync and layering. No

Stress (MarioNintendo)
Standard - Good as an easier chart. Yes
Heavy - Very unique file and tricky to score on. My only commentary is that you seem very reluctant to use hands and for this being the hardest chart, hands would've been fantastic to emphasize the major bass/percussion hits. Jumps with mines just simply don't do justice IMO. I'd recommend making a Challenge chart and dumping hands accordingly, if you want to really capture the feel of the song. Otherwise, it's passable. Yes

You Goddamn Fish (Shikari)
Beginning measures, you might want to trim the holds down by a 16th or so to avoid unnecessary dense reading, especially when starting off the file. Beat 70+ you might want to consider changing up the one handed trills because they become tough to hit at this speed and break flow. Same applies to anywhere else later on in the file where you used similar one handed trills. Has a relatively old school feel to it from the minimalistic jump usages and lack of hands. Fun and replayable, tweak up the one handed trill usage if you want to. Yes

Concerto Note (Niko)
The mini-freezes that follow guitar rifts is a concept I haven't seen commonly used before. I think it adds a nice touch though personally I'd rather see longer freezes to emphasize and distinguish the guitar rifts rather than using mini-freezes that are typically used to accentuate cymbal crashes. Right now, you're emphasizing two instruments with the same holds which becomes rather chaotic and jumbled up to follow. After M43, I'd recommend some mine placements to layer vocals and to fill up space. M49+ the holds going to violin are very sparse and feel randomly placed at times. If you're going to emphasize it, try to be a little more frequent and consistent with the usage so that it doesn't seem all that random. Overall, layering is solid and file's fun and enjoyable. Sort of feels like a nick file with more hold usage, lol. Yes

Best Friends (Sensationer)
Kurosaki Maon :') There could be more emphasis on the piano/synth chords with more jump and rainbow grace note usage. M8+ mini freezes to layer that additional sound that comes in would add variation to layering and would feel nice. M17+, some hold usage to layer the violin would also be an excellent addition. I also feel that the jump usage here is slightly too over emphasized as there's not much going on in the song at this given section that would call for denser jump usage. Keeping it limited to the bass hits would be satisfactory. Same deal can be applied at M26+ when the chorus kicks in, however the hand usage was a nice variation so that could stay the same. Overall, this feels like a pre-ODMix file, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but there are a lot jumps layered in this that I feel would be better left out as it makes it harder to follow what exactly they layer or emphasize especially for a chill, slow song like this. Layering itself was solid, but I advise tweaking the jump usages and possibly add some more holds. Yes

Black & White (Sensationer)
This is actually fairly fun to play however it gets very repetitive and boring as it repeats over and over again. Cutting the song and file by more than half would be good for this. Again, there's a bit of an issue with jump layering as it's a bit too over emphasized at times. The 4-note hands are questionable, but there are enough 3-note hands to counterbalance the usage so it's fine. Cut the song and file and I think it'd be good to go. Until then, Maybe

Kaiden-Aura (Sensationer)
This would be good as a Hard Songs MegaPack submission, not quite suitable for a community pack like this :V No

The Goonies 'R' Good Enough (Sensationer)
Easier Difficulties - All good to go. Yes
Oni - Feels like a leonid file actually, haha. Layering is solid and this is replayable for the scoring factor due to the jump and hand jacks. Almost has an Insane Cultists feel to it except not swing. Yes

We're now at 20 files. Nice progress.

who_cares973 05-9-2011 06:57 PM

i have a file for this!!!! i just need to finish it xd

xferrarix 05-9-2011 07:39 PM

Same here D: I'm on the guitar solo on HALF MOON :O

Mithost 05-9-2011 07:57 PM

I have a few songs that are half done. I want in this pack though, so I'll pick one and finish it in a few days time.

MarioNintendo 05-9-2011 09:03 PM

W-w-wow. Did my file just got in? Because I thought it did 0_0 Amazing. Thanks!

As you guessed it, I'm very reluctant to use hands, yes. However, I'll follow your advice and make a challenge version with 'em. I'll send the update whenever I can. Starting stepping NAW.

EDIT: after 43 minutes of hard work, I believe I came up with an interesting hand chart. (hint: I've never played a hand chart) Sent!

sakura080789 05-9-2011 09:10 PM

sent something :)

Mithost 05-10-2011 06:14 AM

So, who is doing the Crazybus theme? :D

Also, can we do Rolls, or do we have to make this for 3.9 D: