Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152595)

flashflash account 12-1-2020 10:13 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4751955)
ffa, i'm genuinely curious - have you ever lost a twg and came into postgame not salty, or with a sarcastic comment about people being bad or something to that effect

why is losing relevant

flashflash account 12-1-2020 10:22 PM

so I checked last postgame thread and apparently I died super early in that game too

if I'm making a single two line post complaining about the game in every single postgame is that really irritating you so much?

it doesn't mean I didn't like the game, or I didn't have fun and it's nice to have come a long way from being modkilled every game because the rules here are so strict
I'm not even all that interested in ace attorney and I still thought the objection memes were fun to read (as long as I could)

is it really unfair for me to want to vent the tiny bit of steam I build up during games? Yes, I'm irritated at T-force for suggesting to policy lynch me d1 out of nowhere because it actually happened and I'm irritated at shadowgod for being unwilling/unable to read me and apparently has higher standards for me, calling me lazy when I have more posts and content than half the other players but you know it's whatever

flashflash account 12-1-2020 10:24 PM

like man congrats you won and you deserved it but I don't need to tell you that

YoshL 12-1-2020 10:25 PM

Then I think it's ok to vent that kind of stuff, and explain your thoughts to people like shadow who went through the game with that notion in their head, instead of instigating toxic drama with "you're the most toxic player here, and there's a lot of toxic players here".

YoshL 12-1-2020 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4751911)
game was lost when I got killed d1 for no solid reason

There's like just a total difference in tone when you say this versus

Quote:

I'm irritated at T-force for suggesting to policy lynch me d1 out of nowhere because it actually happened and I'm irritated at shadowgod for being unwilling/unable to read me and apparently has higher standards for me, calling me lazy when I have more posts and content than half the other players
which is really clear what your grievances are, and i can like totally see that.

i hope you see that too tbh.

flashflash account 12-1-2020 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4751959)
Then I think it's ok to vent that kind of stuff, and explain your thoughts to people like shadow who went through the game with that notion in their head, instead of instigating toxic drama with "you're the most toxic player here, and there's a lot of toxic players here".

I don't normally do that but shadowgod decided to call me out over something they did rofl

it comes back to this whole "let's blame the person we lynched for lynching them" as if I did something wrong to get lynched there and it wasn't totally random

and let's not forget the time shadowgod was like "hey sometimes I just want to smash haku's head with a brick to see if anything comes out" as if that was okay to ever say

inDheart 12-1-2020 10:31 PM

wait, a team with sunfan and yoshl killed xiz and got away with it?

not that i read anything i'm just amused

T-Force 12-1-2020 10:32 PM

Isn't that the case with most D0 votes? It sucks, but it happens.
Let's pack up, move along, and we'll learn from this game.

flashflash account 12-1-2020 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4751960)
There's like just a total difference in tone when you say this versus

which is really clear what your grievances are, and i can like totally see that.

i hope you see that too tbh.

I don't really see it the same way but I'll keep that in mind if other people also see it that way

mellon_collie 12-1-2020 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4751961)
and let's not forget the time shadowgod was like "hey sometimes I just want to smash haku's head with a brick to see if anything comes out" as if that was okay to ever say

shadowgod has a very exaggerated way of speaking, it's just the way he expresses himself. It can be jarring but we all know each other at this point. If haku didn't have a problem with that then I don't see a problem

flashflash account 12-1-2020 10:35 PM

I guess it's just to me I'm okay with the heated tension and the escalation and calling names and insulting intelligence but that crossed a line insinuating physical violence which was super jarring to me

T-Force 12-1-2020 10:35 PM

Lmao, whoops, didn't even see the thread had exploded by the time I made that post. My bad.

YoshL 12-1-2020 10:35 PM

Deflecting aside, you do realize the implications of your initial post really has the potential to set people off right?

basically "the game was lost because I got killed n1" exudes the aura of "i'm the best player ever and I'm the reason games go how they do"

which when shadow says that he believed you didn't do enough, and weren't at EoD, would you not agree? If you got lynched D0, then you probably didn't actually do enough to not get lynched D0. Fwiw, I also agree in that even when doing catchup of thread and reading through, i didn't remember a single post that you made. Whether that's from wolf pov and has any merit, is w/e, but it's not like calling you out on how you phrased your original post and being annoyed at how much emphasis you put on your impact in twg games was unwarranted imo.

YoshL 12-1-2020 10:37 PM

shadow, I also do agree with ffa, in that you tend to overdramaticize a lot in your posts, and I understand you're having fun with it. I think ffa's right though, in bodily harm it can get to be a bit much.

Shadow_God_10 12-1-2020 10:38 PM

FFA I feel like you don't know this but:

I have met Haku in real life, and Haku would be a far better judge for "Is Lewdy being serious when he says something like this to me?" than someone who has not met me (this person being you in this case)

Shadow_God_10 12-1-2020 10:40 PM

If Haku wasn't okay with it, I am confident saying that he, as a grown ass man, would have come to me, or even a moderator to address this as a problem.

flashflash account 12-1-2020 10:42 PM

yeah not being there at eod is on me, and it's obviously easier for me to remember my own posts than it is for other people, but I think I was making decent talking points wrt freezin/shadowgod/haku angle and stuff like that, I also had interactions with sunfan
I was playing the game

so fmpov it's really unfair to call me lazy (shadowgod) or inactive (dbp) just because I don't have 300 posts
shadowgod saying it was my fault I died because I was being lazy and "expecting feezin/shadowgod/haku to carry me" which is a thought that came out of nowhere really is just ???

flashflash account 12-1-2020 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4751971)
If Haku wasn't okay with it, I am confident saying that he, as a grown ass man, would have come to me, or even a moderator to address this as a problem.

it's not just you and haku playing
look if avatars couldn't be disabled I probably wouldn't play games with you because your avatar makes me uncomfortable too

if threats of physical violence could be disabled I would disable them

T-Force 12-1-2020 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4751972)
yeah not being there at eod is on me, and it's obviously easier for me to remember my own posts than it is for other people, but I think I was making decent talking points wrt freezin/shadowgod/haku angle and stuff like that, I also had interactions with sunfan
I was playing the game

so fmpov it's really unfair to call me lazy (shadowgod) or inactive (dbp) just because I don't have 300 posts
shadowgod saying it was my fault I died because I was being lazy and "expecting feezin/shadowgod/haku to carry me" which is a thought that came out of nowhere really is just ???

And fmpov I think it's unfair that I'm always wolf-read for my posting style, but I take from that game, I learn from it, and I adapt it to next game.
Multiple people called me out for the snark and attitude from my posts, and that style is not going to help my team win games.
I am going to learn and adjust for next time.

Same can be said for this. Is it unfair to you? Sure. But that's just something to adjust for next game.

flashflash account 12-1-2020 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4751968)
Deflecting aside, you do realize the implications of your initial post really has the potential to set people off right?

basically "the game was lost because I got killed n1" exudes the aura of "i'm the best player ever and I'm the reason games go how they do"

which when shadow says that he believed you didn't do enough, and weren't at EoD, would you not agree? If you got lynched D0, then you probably didn't actually do enough to not get lynched D0. Fwiw, I also agree in that even when doing catchup of thread and reading through, i didn't remember a single post that you made. Whether that's from wolf pov and has any merit, is w/e, but it's not like calling you out on how you phrased your original post and being annoyed at how much emphasis you put on your impact in twg games was unwarranted imo.

I don't think "how much I do" historically has any correlation with whether or not I die D1, I think I did more than other players which if we're looking at that logic means I shouldn't be lynched over them

also yeah I said *when* not *because* although I can see how that would be a mistake one makes
probably just try to assume I have no ego when reading my posts
(even though I am the best player here)