Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   The Werewolf Game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   On the subject of Toxicity/Community Check-in (TWG) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152456)

j-rodd123 10-19-2020 12:11 PM

Re: On the subject of Toxicity/Community Check-in (TWG)

side note but i find it funny that an identical discussion is going on right now on 2+2 after some toxic incidents in a recent game. the WW scene is way less active there now and is nowhere near as "toxic" as it was in like the mid 2010s as a number of players from then don't play any more or only play majors (if any of you have played there you know the culture can be insane....), but it's nice to see that people actually grow over time

Xiz 10-19-2020 12:16 PM

I really believe the penalty thread was a huge step in the right direction.

Charu 10-19-2020 12:24 PM

If you're thinking of penalizing MML right now, let me just stop you son, lmao. That ain't the solution either, that's just another form of censorship.

...Penalizing inactives though...............................................

Then again, FFRTWG has this inactivity problem for a long while now. Really puts a dent on the penalty thread.

the sun fan 10-19-2020 12:27 PM

that thread did not stop inactivity
it punished inactives, sure, but it had no impact on whether or not people would be inactive or not (I also think that the metrics were a tiny bit harsh)

I want to be clear that there is ex post facto if we decide to start policing toxicity more heavily
the most toxic posts that have ever been made on FFR will NOT under any circumstances receive any kind of punishment if they were made before this change

Charu 10-19-2020 12:42 PM

My threshold would be not to insult someone on a personal level, that's really it.

They can be a aggressive as they want beyond that.

All the gray inbetweens of aggressive plays indirectly insulting someone is super subjective and... yeah, you'll probably have to "deal" with it.

Xiz 10-19-2020 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4747510)
If you're thinking of penalizing MML right now, let me just stop you son, lmao. That ain't the solution either, that's just another form of censorship.

...Penalizing inactives though...............................................

Then again, FFRTWG has this inactivity problem for a long while now. Really puts a dent on the penalty thread.

Inactive's, not MML

Funnygurl555 10-19-2020 03:04 PM

i volunteer as new mod

make me a mod

Shadow_God_10 10-19-2020 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4747524)
i volunteer as new mod

make me a mod

I uh, don't think that's how that works, Funny

YoshL 10-19-2020 03:56 PM

Been reading through thread past couple days

I stopped playing TWG because i found a better environment and better community uplift elsewhere rather than "playing" a game that feels less like play, and more like stress.

But since I don't play anymore, I can honestly just volunteer to be someone to approach if someone believes that another player is being too toxic, and make judgment calls post-game regarding that. I think our playerbase is mature enough to at the very least receive and give such reports of perceived toxicity in good faith, and I would like to believe that the other way around, that when being reported against, receive the criticism in good faith as well.

so not as a method of punishment, but moreso of player self-improvement.

Funnygurl555 10-19-2020 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4747528)

but i wanna

id do a good job

T-Force 10-19-2020 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4747528)

You'd, uh.. be surprised.

FreezinIce 10-19-2020 05:37 PM

I think i said most of my thoughts on the matter in the postgame thread.

Maybe my tolerance for verbal abuse is not the norm but for the most part i didnt see anything egregious in the game i hosted.

The only time insults seemed to be close to crossing into the "wtf" territory is when shadowgod was ranting at raeko and insulting subaru. But even then i didnt really feel it was my place to interject and police the way the game is being played.

Maybe i should've. Maybe i will in the future. I will definitely be more cognizant of that fact.

FreezinIce 10-19-2020 05:38 PM

Funnygurl is p chill. She'd keep things real so she gets my vote if we're voting on mods

FreezinIce 10-19-2020 05:41 PM

Also was adam the guy from the fe mystery game? I think i never properly read his posts.

YoshL 10-19-2020 05:57 PM

yeah adam was the one who was like "yoshl get checked into a mental institute" and really nasty shit

mellonxcollie 10-19-2020 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4747539)
shadowgod was ranting at raeko

me and lewdy are tight as heck and I knew I was gonna piss him off by even bringing that up lol. I was totally fine with the way he reacted.

I feel like it should be up to the players and not the host to decide what crosses the line. Hosts can't be expected to understand the personal relationships and boundaries between each player.

Like for me and Lewdy we both share a love for Asuka and tsundere characters. me calling him a perv and him telling me to shut up or he will put me into a nursing home is all in good fun and a way to show we care in a weird tsundere way. we are dedicated fully to anime lifestyle

mellonxcollie 10-19-2020 06:07 PM

My vote for mod would be T-Force. He's a global mod already so he has all the permissions that come with that, so in a worst case Ontario he could break out a ban.

Also he's a very level headed player and I think he would be a good judge of what is too far/over the line

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4747504)
Its probably got no exceptions that, if you've been playing the game for as long as most of us have, you've been toxic at least once.

I think star is the mf queen of making super strong arguments without being aggressive at all. but unfortunately I doubt she would want to be a mod but if she would, I would totally support it

T-Force 10-19-2020 06:37 PM

Yeah, I think personal relationships are a weird factor into all this. Having person A say something to C, but having B say the exact same thing to C could lead to different reactions all based on what's said.
But, that's also something to keep an eye depending on what's said and how that can skew the perceptions of people D, E, F, etc. They might view it as toxic even if that's not the intention.

T-Force 10-19-2020 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 4747548)
so in a worst case Ontario he could break out a ban.

LMAO! I don't know if that was intentional or not, but I love this!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 4747548)
I think star is the mf queen of making super strong arguments without being aggressive at all. but unfortunately I doubt she would want to be a mod but if she would, I would totally support it

Oh hell yeah. Star is a good player to study for this.

mellonxcollie 10-19-2020 06:59 PM

go to 3:03 to see my attempt at fake claiming against xiz

3:46 for worst case ontario