Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   So I finally came clean to my parents. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=123242)

Nullifidian 03-28-2012 08:05 AM

Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

I'm proud of you, Ken. I'd imagine it takes a lot of courage so good job on you.

moches 03-28-2012 08:27 AM

Very brave on your part. I hope everything works out.

kmay 03-28-2012 08:36 AM

i don't have enough courage to come out yet. my parents are religious as **** as well. doesnt it seem like it always happens this way?

flipsta_lombax 03-28-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmay (Post 3666353)
i don't have enough courage to come out yet. my parents are religious as **** as well. doesnt it seem like it always happens this way?

I was expecting more bad reaction really, but as long as tables aren't flipped and you aren't harmed, how my parents reacted is probably the best way.. until they show how they really feel about it later in the week, which I will be paying close attention to.

Seeing other coming clean posts from other sites, I have heard better acceptance from religious parents. And worse... much worse. Come clean to your parents when you are prepared and know what to do for any reaction. ANY.

BethanyBangs 03-28-2012 09:00 AM

I'm very proud of you man. That takes a lot of guts. Now go on and live happily :3 *hi5*

All_That_Chaz 03-28-2012 09:28 AM

Kenny<3

It's easy to say that you waited for the right time and all, but I can't imagine that it's as easy as just picking a time. I'm close with both of my parents. I wouldn't want to keep a secret like that from them. Rejection would be devastating. Even though you're your own man now, it must be rough knowing how your parents feel about you. We can always hope that they'll change and accept you, and they might surprise you, but I think it's more likely that they'll never see you the same again.

Yeesh sorry I'm being such a downer! Anyway I'm saying all this because I'm sure you've thought about all of these things for years and years and it took amazing confidence to go through with it. Hearts, huggles, and agnry faices everywhere<3

Cavernio 03-28-2012 09:32 AM

There's some cousin in your family right now who's like 'Yes, I'm no longer the biggest disappointment to the family, at least for now!' You totally made their day :-p

Reg1nald 03-28-2012 09:52 AM

Hmmmm...

PrawnSkunk 03-28-2012 10:03 AM

:')

You were honest, so although you might not have preferred the answer you received, they have their right to be honest as well. lolbible

Cavernio 03-28-2012 10:23 AM

I was the black sheep of my religious half of the family for moving in with a bf when I was 18. When people found out, suddenly my cousin who drank too much a little too often wasn't the topic of conversation.

Xiz 03-28-2012 10:44 AM

Well you know that they still love you. They didn't kick you out or anything. And thats truly what matters.

Props man. I'll go ahead and drink my next beer to you.

pokelda 03-28-2012 10:53 AM

way to take what most of us would consider the hardest step grats

CammyGoesRawr 03-28-2012 11:44 AM

Damn Ken, this must have been hard. I have yet to come out to my parents about this, so i commend you for stepping up and telling them, regardless of their reaction. It's not wrong at all that your gay, and you can't control their opinions i guess.

Congrats (:

phe0nixblade 03-28-2012 11:54 AM

Respect bro, I know how hard that could be cause of my friend when he came out his parents kicked him out and he was homeless for a while.
Good thing knowing it's off your chest and that though, must be a huge weight off of your shoulders.

Calcium Deposit 03-28-2012 12:01 PM

I honestly think the best time to walk out of that particular closet is shortly after you move out of your parent's home.

Because at least then it's less of a gamble and more of a "This is how I am like it or leave it" and you'll be very far away when the shit rains down if it does.

Though I wouldn't know for sure since I'm straight and obsessed with vaginae (apparently this is the plural of vagina who knew)

ninjaKIWI 03-28-2012 12:10 PM

I'm bisexual, I've never really seen why everybody makes such a big deal of telling their parents. Telling my parents hasn't even ever crossed my mind. It isn't really any of their business, who cares.

Aldentron 03-28-2012 12:32 PM

hi five dawg. stand up to your oppressor, take pride in being you. you are an individual and you are able to set your own standards for yourself.

ichliebekase 03-28-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flipsta_lombax (Post 3666260)
EDIT: And oh just to throw this in the bag, my dad is CONVINCED that I can change my sexuality. Anyone want to share a cup of LOL with me? Please I have plllllllenty.

I've seen this so many times, it's ridiculous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry DB (Post 3666278)
our parents grew up being spoon fed wrong ideas.

omfg yes. You have no idea how many times I've debated with my parents (and grandparents) about stuff like this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cavernio (Post 3666362)
There's some cousin in your family right now who's like 'Yes, I'm no longer the biggest disappointment to the family, at least for now!' You totally made their day :-p

While not necessarily the nicest thing to say, it, unfortunately, is true :P

Congrats to you though, it's something to be proud of, to stand up to your parents and take the religious beating they're giving.

Sky Kitten 03-28-2012 12:53 PM

I've already congratulated you on this effort in Profile Chat, but I'm going to do it again. It takes a lot of guts, but you built up the courage and at least it's one big weight off your chest. So good for you. :)

MrGiggles 03-28-2012 01:14 PM

Oh, you think your life is hard? Man, I have to keep telling my parents that I'm not gay.

Seriously though, good on you. There's nothing wrong with the way you are, that's bullshit and you probably know it.

btw
Quote:

I honestly think the best time to walk out of that particular closet is shortly after you move out of your parent's home.
seconded, if I had a nickel for every "help reddit my parents kicked me out because I told them I'm The Last Dickbender" post I could probably get myself a reasonably fancy dinner.