Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Films and Television (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   [Aired] No Game No Life (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=136322)

YoshL 05-7-2014 10:25 AM

Re: [Airing] No Game No Life

At least from where the light novel is going, i'm really fucking excited for this whole season.

xMUSICxMASTERx 05-7-2014 10:30 AM

i've been watching it since it started, love it so far

YoshL 05-7-2014 11:14 AM

today's episode (it's out guys go watch)

next episode is going to be one of the significant big games, definitely on a more epic scale than that chess game w/ kurami. this series feels like something that log horizon could have become; there was alot of thought put into log's storyline, and it's a cool concept, but it just dragged and focused on being smart than exciting. NGNL is smart and exciting. I feel like i'm ruining alot with reading the light novel as well, but at the same time, seeing it in full blown color-eye-rape animation is mind blowing, and makes alot of things easier to understand

(shorter spoiler)

costume change killed me, but then

Zageron 05-8-2014 12:28 PM

Yeah I died at that reference.

Pseudo Enigma 05-8-2014 12:49 PM

watched 5 this morning. I don't know why I find this so enjoyable. I just...do.
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4131198)
(shorter spoiler)

costume change killed me, but then

the fact that they would reference that, made me happy.

YoshL 05-8-2014 01:03 PM

Sora+shiro I think are the gamers that all of us wish we were I think. In terms of gaming, not necessarily personality

Izzy 05-8-2014 01:33 PM

Sure, but their abilities are basically just supernatural and impossible. Also most games simply don't allow you to win 100% of the time even if you play perfectly.

Pseudo Enigma 05-8-2014 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4131721)
Sora+shiro I think are the gamers that all of us wish we were I think. In terms of gaming, not necessarily personality

that's pretty much the point. I'm pretty sure the author knows they're impossibly perfect. It's easy to relate to because you wish you were able to win 100% of the time like Blank does. They're living the dream lol

I'm trying to just drop all objectivity about this show and go for more enjoyment based this time around. There's quite a number of bad things about it, but that's pretty much the point imo.

Izzy 05-8-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pseudo Enigma (Post 4131748)
I'm trying to just drop all objectivity about this show and go for more enjoyment

This shouldn't be something you have to actively do. This should be the norm. Although that is obviously only my opinion as someone who believes all works of art are subjective.

YoshL 05-14-2014 01:11 PM

NGNL 06 has been out, watching right now, so excited.

also, i really love the opening song

edits as i go along, but i'm waiting for the early ecchi in the episode to finally be over -.-

cool game, there's just a little bit too much "comedic relief" going on i think

Rebirth0 05-14-2014 01:45 PM

This season I don't have a single horriblesubs release, so I can't watch it yet ;_;

I'm watching Underwater-FFF for this show

Pseudo Enigma 05-14-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 4131750)
This shouldn't be something you have to actively do. This should be the norm. Although that is obviously only my opinion as someone who believes all works of art are subjective.

I guess that's up to you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebirth0 (Post 4135236)
This season I don't have a single horriblesubs release, so I can't watch it yet ;_;

I'm watching Underwater-FFF for this show

haha same. Underwater seems to be late a lot for this show though. Worth it for their quality though.

YoshL 05-21-2014 12:04 AM

Just going to say, the ED and OP albums are out, and finally listening to the full opening is amazing.

Izzy 05-21-2014 12:10 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Will look for them now.

Pseudo Enigma 05-23-2014 12:55 AM

having a really hard time believing this wont get a second season. Maybe within the next few years? (there's only 4 volumes of the novel out after all)

Izzy 05-29-2014 12:37 AM

Preordered, aww yis.

XelNya 05-29-2014 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 4142329)
Preordered, aww yis.

how much did that cost you

Izzy 05-29-2014 01:07 AM

Plenty.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/det...06244&page=top

XelNya 05-29-2014 02:04 AM

That had better be a damn good figure o.o

rCaliberGX 05-29-2014 05:01 AM

Props for actually keeping the gradient hair, that was one thing I wish they kept in the anime.