Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Writing and Literature (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Anyone Else a Twilighter? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=88628)

MalReynolds 06-19-2008 08:19 AM

Re: Anyone Else a Twilighter?

I magically attract every single male character in the book, too.

:(

cloudish 06-23-2008 07:59 AM

Sadly i am one of them, Though it doesn't matter on how she wrote the book, She had wonderful charater set-up. And her plot set-up could leave any average reading guessing. Though i have not read Eclipse yet (still on new moon finishing it today) I already know where this story is going. =) im just ****ing pissed at jacob and edward. >_> right when she was finally happy jacob had to go and become a ****ing warewolf lol.

robertsona 06-23-2008 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudish (Post 2241623)
And her plot set-up could leave any average reader guessing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudish (Post 2241623)
I already know where this story is going. =)

o rly

UnSaVeD_aNgEl 07-4-2008 04:11 PM

im a twilighter,i love the books.Ive read each of them at least 2 times.and i will do the same with breaking dawn.

LilyPichu 07-6-2008 01:07 AM

I don't get why it's so popular. I personally found it incredibly bland, but hey, to each his own.

Tokzic 07-9-2008 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilyPichu (Post 2312825)
I don't get why it's so popular. I personally found it incredibly bland, but hey, to each his own.

oh my god a sane female

Quigly 07-9-2008 05:39 PM

Christ, every girl in my school is obsessed with that series. All I hear is 'Oh my God it's so great' and 'You have to read it right now'. I came here to escape that but nooooooo, it seems to have gotten to you people too. I hope the new book comes out and it says that Edward is secretly gay.

msbrunnettemickey 07-9-2008 07:43 PM

Spoiler of BD:
Bella rapes Edward

mellonxcollie 07-9-2008 09:05 PM

A lot of people at school are obsessed with this series. I read part of the first book on their recommendation. It was horrible.

PS vampires are stupid.

UnSaVeD_aNgEl 07-9-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quigly (Post 2323239)
Christ, every girl in my school is obsessed with that series. All I hear is 'Oh my God it's so great' and 'You have to read it right now'. I came here to escape that but nooooooo, it seems to have gotten to you people too. I hope the new book comes out and it says that Edward is secretly gay.

its a good series,i mean im not obsessed,but its good.
and you know,that would be a good plot twist.if edwards secretly gay.

Tokzic 07-10-2008 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 2323661)
A lot of people at school are obsessed with this series. I read part of the first book on their recommendation. It was horrible.

PS vampires are stupid.

oh my god the second sane girl i've ever met and she lives in my city

quick let's date

foxyroxy2693 07-16-2008 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinity. (Post 2157008)

i read about 3 chapters in one of the books.
it was awful.

Don't be daft, read the whole book before you judge it kido.

Personally, I really like the Twilight series. I'm super stoked for the movie/number 4! : D

JYB-Art 07-16-2008 11:40 PM

i absolutely love that series! cant wait for breaking dawn and midnight sun =] im gonna throw a party when breaking dawn comes out >.<

Tokzic 07-17-2008 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxyroxy2693 (Post 2353614)
Don't be daft, read the whole book before you judge it kido.

why would he continue to read a poor series that he does not enjoy just so he can satisfy your standards for fair judgment

ps i only read a chapter and i determined it's poorly written female fantasizing fodder

do you want to challenge my judgment or can you think up any other reason why everyone who is male thinks the books are trash

SithCait22 07-17-2008 11:30 AM

Not all men hate this book. Dont put me into your catagories Tokzic.

I didn't like the first book. But i still read it, it took me till about chapter 6 or 7 to actually like it, i ended up getting New Moon and soon Eclipse.No, im not obsessed, i just like the series. Nothing wrong with liking a book. That would be like me saying "EW WTF YOU LIKE PIZZA GTFO" or something along those lines -_-

Tokzic 07-17-2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SithCait22 (Post 2354616)
Not all men hate this book. Dont put me into your catagories Tokzic.

I didn't like the first book. But i still read it, it took me till about chapter 6 or 7 to actually like it, i ended up getting New Moon and soon Eclipse.No, im not obsessed, i just like the series. Nothing wrong with liking a book. That would be like me saying "EW WTF YOU LIKE PIZZA GTFO" or something along those lines -_-

lmfao

first of all, i was obviously exaggerating, but "no men like this book" isn't a very large exaggeration

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2EwiAylGOAI

scroll to the end and then try to tell me that there isn't a slight gender difference in her fans

second of all, it's not like you saying "ew you like pizza that's disgusting", it's like you saying "ew you like eating garbage that's disgusting"

or, even more appropriately, "ew, you like sticking tampons in bodily orifaces" - understandable if you're a girl, pretty weird if you're a guy

MalReynolds 07-17-2008 12:26 PM

But not unheard of. One time I got smacked in the face with a sock full of batteries while trying to stop a girl from being raped. After I took the rapist down, my nose wouldn't stop bleeding. The girl gave me a tampon, which worked until the paramedics got there.

sarahxjane 07-17-2008 01:39 PM

16 days until Breaking Dawn!

UnSaVeD_aNgEl 07-19-2008 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokzic (Post 2354334)
why would he continue to read a poor series that he does not enjoy just so he can satisfy your standards for fair judgment

ps i only read a chapter and i determined it's poorly written female fantasizing fodder

do you want to challenge my judgment or can you think up any other reason why everyone who is male thinks the books are trash

ok...your being very sexist.just because it was written by a female doesnt mean its a poorly writen book.Yes im sure you have opinions of your own on it.but dont judge based on this.

oh by the way,The books not trash.

MalReynolds 07-22-2008 01:23 PM

So, would it be sexist if I said you suck at grammar?

No!

The book IS female fantasizing. It could be a GUY writing it and it would be female fantasizing.

Of course, when a guy writes a book about a teenaged boy named "Lent" (short for Caliente) Rockabasaurus who attracts tons of female characters, it'd be sexist.

The book IS poorly written.

AND ANOTHER THING!

There's NOTHING romantic about being a vampire or being in love with a vampire. Nothing at all! Vampires are scary, scary creatures. It's complete trash to think that they wouldn't eat you just because you're pretty or something. It's total tosh. I hate it.