Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG 200 Game Thread: Dichotomy (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=153453)

mellon_collie 07-23-2021 07:12 AM

Re: TWG 200 Game Thread: Dichotomy

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 4764932)
It's ok, I make awkward entrances, I would vote for myself too

:thonk:

FreezinIce 07-23-2021 07:16 AM

4th post in overall to be specific, that 4th post having to do with the chart

english is a great language

なんちゃって

reuben_tate 07-23-2021 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4764778)
Keep it in your pants, bird man D:

Ok

FreezinIce 07-23-2021 07:17 AM

I should probably sleep before i butcher more grammar

reuben_tate 07-23-2021 07:19 AM

I did say a lot of things about the chart. Was there something in particular I said about it that you didn't like? Or was it like...just the general vibe of the post that felt off?

reuben_tate 07-23-2021 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4764785)
I'm under the assumption that these silly graphs are at least somewhat related to survey responses so I don't think this matters

Probably isn't the case, but it's gonna bother me if I don't say anything about it:

There's always the possibility that the survey responses were somehow used in determining the setup/roles for the game? In which case, they'll be important (although we'll probably have to wait until after d0 to learn more if this is the case).

FreezinIce 07-23-2021 07:27 AM

General vibe id say

choof 07-23-2021 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 4764932)
It's ok, I make awkward entrances, I would vote for myself too

terrible post
also stop getting stuck on these stupid graphs

choof 07-23-2021 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 4764914)
Neither is plop. Everyone else (including replacements) is on there.

Iirc, it is also the case that you two are the only ones that didn't do the survey. So this seems to heavily suggest that indeed, both charts are based on the survey answers.

(If someone else already pointed this out, my bad)

"heavily"
there is a single question about alignment

reuben_tate 07-23-2021 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4764940)
terrible post
also stop getting stuck on these stupid graphs

If I have thoughts about the graphs, I will share them. I don't want to die and have those thoughts go unsaid if they actually happen to be important in the future.

I've already mentioned (twice) these charts probably aren't going to help us solve anything during d0, I'm not getting stuck on anything.

reuben_tate 07-23-2021 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4764941)
"heavily"
there is a single question about alignment

The "heavily" here is in reference to "people completing the survey" = "people on the chart". It sounds like you're suggesting that either those two sets of people being the same is a coincidence or that the only people who took the survey appear on the chart but somehow their positions are determined by something other than the survey answers?

reuben_tate 07-23-2021 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWGma (Post 4764873)
And don't forget, if any problems arise, be sure to DM me even though 95% of the time it's bot related and you should ping Benguin instead.

I said it before, and I'll reiterate again: I don't think it's worth speculating on the charts until some piece of information about either them, or the surveys comes out in thread.

You were the best middle-man <3

choof 07-23-2021 07:57 AM

it's a bit of a no brainer that the charts are influenced by the surveys
but I am struggling to think of how, for example, answers to "do you like to win or like having fun" influence where you are on an x/y graph when the axes are all marked "????"
for the bottom one the only question we know the directly impacts this is the questions about alignment
all we know right now is that based on your answers your avatar was arbitrarily placed on two graphs

choof 07-23-2021 07:59 AM

theres also me being in lawful neutral which is objectively incorrect

choof 07-23-2021 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4764875)
so what you're saying is that if i want people to scum read me i gotta to the opposite of that. got it!

can we pls just kill storn first

reuben_tate 07-23-2021 08:12 AM

Ok, one last thing about the charts and I'll shut up about them lol.

My answer to question six in the survey (the good/evil/neutral question) is in agreement with the row of the 2nd chart (i.e. I answered "neutral" and I appear in the "neutral" row).

I wanted to point this out because I don't want to assume that this observation holds for everyone if it happens that this observation is just a coincidence for me.

choof 07-23-2021 08:14 AM

if they didnt hold for everyone then they'd be truly worthless

reuben_tate 07-23-2021 08:24 AM

Bed time for me

Funnygurl555 07-23-2021 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4764945)
it's a bit of a no brainer that the charts are influenced by the surveys
but I am struggling to think of how, for example, answers to "do you like to win or like having fun" influence where you are on an x/y graph when the axes are all marked "????"
for the bottom one the only question we know the directly impacts this is the questions about alignment
all we know right now is that based on your answers your avatar was arbitrarily placed on two graphs

well i said "i like having fun" "evil" "i don't read the rules" "i'm not reading wall posts" "C H A O S" so i'm not surprised i'm chaotic evil but idk why i'm the most chaotic evil

XelNya 07-23-2021 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4764934)
4th post in overall to be specific, that 4th post having to do with the chart

english is a great language

なんちゃって

English sucks, the Japanese language is unironically better and easier on the ears.

Then there’s how us amuricans butched words like armour and even now my spellcheck is angry at me for spelling it properly hnnnnng