Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Coronavirus (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151781)

mi40 09-26-2020 06:09 PM

Re: Coronavirus

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4743960)
can we at least get confirmation on whose alt philip-kun was

urs

gold stinger 09-26-2020 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4743959)
this is dumb

people don't want to accept that random things happen in this universe and assume that there's a reason for everything that has happened

for something as lethal and contagious as COVID-19, people automatically assume "something this large and crazy must have been made by something equally large and crazy" instead of just defaulting to the fact that it probably just came into existence randomly after tons of random iterations.
think how many microbial bacteria are around just constantly replicating until they make something that is sustainable. there's no research to support that COVID-19 was created in a laboratory. it was another random fucking virus that became viable in humans after replicating itself in tons of different forms until one started thriving. it's called evolution. you think these things sleep? no, they just try and stay alive and reproduce.

if we're going to assign ourselves to assuming something nefarious had a nefarious cause, we can just go back to assuming earthquakes and tornadoes are a result of divine wrath instead of thinking about them scientifically

I wish I had the YouTube video for this, since it was a talk from Neil deGrasse Tyson involving his book, but he made an astounding example comparative to this. All I've found in relation to it was a short video here explaining the thought experiment, but not the context. https://www.express.co.uk/videos/611...ing-experiment

Context being, that many people think something happens in the world for a reason, maybe they're special, when in all possibilities, nothing is special. For example, the way the universe unraveled itself was a 1 in 1,000,000 chance. It literally should not have happened with our current understanding of physics and science. But in a place where parallel or multiple universes could exist, 1 in 1,000,000 is unfathomably small compared to infinity, that it's bound to happen. As much as we acknowledge the 1 in 1,000,000 chance being special, we don't acknowledge the 999,999 other universes out there where nothing happened at all in the big bang.

ULTIMEGA 09-26-2020 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phillip-Kun (Post 4743949)
She was interviewed by lots of different people and news platforms, not just tucker... but yeah all news is fake news.

"All news is fake news."

Tell me again, Mr. Big Brain, how this is. If all news is fake news, why is it being proven time and again that the virus is dangerous?

Also, I think it's safe to say that this thread has turned into a circus LONG before this point.

gold stinger 09-26-2020 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULTIMEGA (Post 4743971)
"All news is fake news."

Tell me again, Mr. Big Brain, how this is. If all news is fake news, why is it being proven time and again that the virus is dangerous?

Also, I think it's safe to say that this thread has turned into a circus LONG before this point.

vvv

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phillip-Kun (Post 4743949)
She was interviewed by lots of different people and news platforms, not just tucker... but yeah all news is fake news.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phillip-Kun (Post 4743945)
Here's the proof...

FOX NEWS

ULTIMEGA 09-26-2020 06:58 PM

Like I said, circus. The only question is where the hell is the host?

DaBackpack 09-26-2020 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mi40 (Post 4743948)
i know ur trolling but tucker carlson is so formulaic and boring
not to mention we got this, "A federal judge on Thursday dismissed a defamation case against self-styled Fox News instigator Tucker Carlson." lol

My favorite thing about this is that the FOX News lawyers had to defend Tucker Carlson by literally asserting that none of his viewers actually take what he says seriously because his comments are obviously batshit insane...

And that this defense worked, lol. Reminds me of Alex Jones' child custody hearings where his arguments stemmed on the notion that Alex Jones on Infowars is just a "fictional character" and that it's not actually how he is in real life

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULTIMEGA (Post 4743973)
Like I said, circus. The only question is where the hell is the host?

We're all the host

mi40 09-26-2020 07:58 PM

our lives are a comedy

choof 09-28-2020 08:30 PM

sk8r said he'd post the link when he got home but never posted... never got home...... rip sk8r teh rona got him 2....

ULTIMEGA 09-29-2020 01:57 AM

I gotta be honest - I don't understand why people can't keep an open mind about stuff like this. What kills me is that from what I saw earlier in the thread, people were jumping at each other's throats because of "You should wear a mask!" and "No! Don't wear masks! This is a government conspiracy!" Like..... Really, guys? Most of us here are 20+ years of age. I figured we were behaved better than this. It's sad seeing grown-ass adults acting like children. (Guilty of this myself - I admit it.) I really don't know what we've turned into.

xXOpkillerXx 09-29-2020 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULTIMEGA (Post 4744107)
I gotta be honest - I don't understand why people can't keep an open mind about stuff like this. What kills me is that from what I saw earlier in the thread, people were jumping at each other's throats because of "You should wear a mask!" and "No! Don't wear masks! This is a government conspiracy!" Like..... Really, guys? Most of us here are 20+ years of age. I figured we were behaved better than this. It's sad seeing grown-ass adults acting like children. (Guilty of this myself - I admit it.) I really don't know what we've turned into.

If you're guilty of it, just like.. stop doing it ? Idk man, many people cannot defend non-trivial opinions to save their life it seems. It's a shame.

ULTIMEGA 09-29-2020 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx (Post 4744120)
If you're guilty of it, just like.. stop doing it ? Idk man, many people cannot defend non-trivial opinions to save their life it seems. It's a shame.

The point isn't the fact that I'm guilty of doing it myself. The point is that I'm not the only one and I had expected better from everyone.

DossarLX ODI 09-29-2020 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULTIMEGA (Post 4744135)
The point isn't the fact that I'm guilty of doing it myself. The point is that I'm not the only one and I had expected better from everyone.

Age doesn't matter. I know people personally that are over 50 years old and pull off that kind of crap. Needless to say, I don't trust them anymore.

You can at the very least control how you handle the situation though. :)

xXOpkillerXx 09-29-2020 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 4744137)
You can at the very least control how you handle the situation though. :)

This.

There's absolutely no point in saying people are acting like children and then admitting to doing exactly the same. Just do something about it and stop doing it...

mi40 10-2-2020 11:30 AM

trump tests positive for coronavirus
market tanks

biden tests negative for coronavirus
market pumps again

hehe

choof 10-2-2020 11:31 AM

big ups to trump

choof 10-2-2020 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SputnikOwns (Post 4743696)
I'd agree that a certain number of deaths from coronavirus are acceptable.

I think the president's death is acceptable tbh

WirryWoo 10-2-2020 12:02 PM

Not to stray too off-topic here but any thoughts about Trump having chronovirus being another one of his million lies? There was some discussion about that when the news was first released.

choof 10-2-2020 12:13 PM

how does lying about coronavirus benefit trump and his administration
white house has already confirmed that he's seeing mild symptoms

radioamor 10-2-2020 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4744342)
how does lying about coronavirus benefit trump and his administration
white house has already confirmed that he's seeing mild symptoms

People (Twitter, so assume all of this is dubious) are positing that a false public diagnosis benefits him in a few ways:
1a. He can "swiftly recover" and finger-wag people who believe (read: know) the virus is dangerous and lethal. If an obese septuagenarian can recover from it within a week and experience no visible aftereffects, so can anyone else, right?
1b. He can make claims that he used some product to help facilitate his recovery (maybe even hydroxychloroquine?) and then his supporters will take this at face-value.
2. This diagnosis has completely dominated news headlines and the 24-hour news cycle by now, so his tax revelations already seem to be fading into obscurity.
3. He doesn't have to participate in the next debate, or attention from his first debate performance is diverted to his diagnosis.
And a few more fringe, less likely avenues:
4. Trump can "take a downturn" and not have any public appearances for a while, spurring rumors that he's dying and that nobody needs to bother voting anymore since the despot will die.
5. He can use his progressively worsening malady as means to resign and not face the embarrassment of being voted out of office.

This is all assuming, however, that the Trump administration would be able to coordinate something on a massive scale like this and not one person would leak any information, which has been proven improbable by the entirety of this administration's history. While I don't believe anything serious will come of this and that the worst he'll do is gloat about his "miraculous" recovery in the face of more than 200,000 dead Americans, I don't think this is some elaborate conspiracy. The burden of proof is on people who are suggesting more nefarious forces at play.