Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   [Concluded] drizzleRomanceGirl's FFR Team Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=130860)

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-5-2013 05:04 PM

Re: drizzleRomanceGirl's FFR Team Tournament

Everyone, get your friends and everyone else you can think of to join! This tournament will be a lot more fun if there's more teams. :D As of now, there's only about 3 teams per division which won't be that much competition. The more people who join, the better!

xXOpkillerXx 07-5-2013 05:15 PM

I'm in

Hakulyte 07-5-2013 05:20 PM

I'm in too.

Elmerz 07-5-2013 06:02 PM

In

Zephei 07-5-2013 06:19 PM

I'm in!

Soul. 07-5-2013 06:26 PM

In.

xAlphaWolf 07-5-2013 07:16 PM

I'm in

HikamitheSoulReaper 07-5-2013 07:40 PM

im in like a swim!!XD

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-5-2013 09:07 PM

I'm going to be working on placements now, but you can still join if you haven't yet! Just post a comment saying that you're in to join the tournament, and I'll place you afterwards. :) Remember that there are only three divisions in this tournament: Beginnier, Intermediate, and Advanced.
Note: If you think you should be in a different division than the division you are placed in, then tell me and state why you think so and I will reconsider. :)

*edit* I'm done placing everyone who has joined so far, so if you're not happy with where you were placed, then please tell me. ^.^

arcnmx 07-6-2013 03:28 AM

Oh I'll join :>

rookiejunior 07-6-2013 04:43 AM

:DD !!!!!!!!111

Psittacosis 07-6-2013 01:33 PM

Forgive me if this is in the OP, and I just missed it, but what day is this actually starting?

EDIT: Nevermind, looked through the whole thread. Just a suggestion, but you should probably put when it *should* be starting in the OP. Doesn't mean it has to start then, but it'd be helpful to say something along the lines of "This will start approximately -this date-" that it's likely to start near. At least people don't have to look through the entire thread that way. @_@ And also so you don't get the same exact question over and over again xD

HalfStep 07-6-2013 01:46 PM

Placements look good so far, only thing I would change is bump Zak down to Intermediate.

Untimely Friction 07-6-2013 01:47 PM

In Idc where I am is it too late?

HalfStep 07-6-2013 01:50 PM

Not too late haha

Untimely Friction 07-6-2013 01:50 PM

Cool back to practising oni-gets on 1.2

TheSaxRunner05 07-6-2013 01:52 PM

I'm not quite sure without checking stats (on my phone) but I'm pretty sure Font Size 72 is advanced

HalfStep 07-6-2013 01:59 PM

The way the divisions are right now, it makes sense to have FontSize in Intermediate, since it's essentially D3-D5 in "standard" divisions.

TheSaxRunner05 07-6-2013 02:04 PM

Yea, I see. I'll just be getting 200+ goods on songs the top guys can get teens on lol

Let's see how this works out, sounds interesting.

Team compositions will play a big role in this.

Elmerz 07-6-2013 03:32 PM

Shit's about to get intense.

Dru0129 07-6-2013 03:49 PM

In!

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-6-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psittacosis (Post 3933772)
Forgive me if this is in the OP, and I just missed it, but what day is this actually starting?

EDIT: Nevermind, looked through the whole thread. Just a suggestion, but you should probably put when it *should* be starting in the OP. Doesn't mean it has to start then, but it'd be helpful to say something along the lines of "This will start approximately -this date-" that it's likely to start near. At least people don't have to look through the entire thread that way. @_@ And also so you don't get the same exact question over and over again xD

Okay, I'll add the approximate starting date. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 (Post 3933786)
I'm not quite sure without checking stats (on my phone) but I'm pretty sure Font Size 72 is advanced

FontSize was really close to being advanced, but he still didn't have high enough scores to be in that division in my opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Untimely Friction (Post 3933782)
In Idc where I am is it too late?

No, it's not too late at all. :) I'll add you in a few minutes and place you. :)

alloyus 07-6-2013 04:39 PM

That TP

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-6-2013 05:19 PM

@arcnmx, On second thought, maybe I have been paying too much attention to levelranks. Looking at how you unlocked Viennacore, The Five, Disconnected Hardkore, Sonata Quasi, and Gacha Gacha, along with St. Scarhand, that shows consistency, and I'm willing to move you up to Advanced unless you're against it. ^.^

On the other hand, I still think Zakvvv666 really should be in Advanced because he's unlocked pretty much all the same skill tokens as arcnmx and more, and he has over five 65+ AAAs with some 75+ SDGs. Remember, not everyone in the same division is going to be similar in skill level, which is why placement is crucial. :)

HalfStep 07-6-2013 05:26 PM

Zak has more AAAs and SDGs cause he played more. I have a 75 SDG(3-0-0-0), 10 70-74 SDGs, 4-5 AAAs over 64, including a 66. I have a 66 and 68 blackflagged. I'm very close in skill to Zak, it's unfair to have him in Advanced honestly ~

I could do the same analysis for him and get similar results ^^

j-rodd123 07-6-2013 05:30 PM

in

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-6-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalfStep (Post 3933889)
Zak has more AAAs and SDGs cause he played more. I have a 75 SDG(3-0-0-0), 10 70-74 SDGs, 4-5 AAAs over 64, including a 66. I have a 66 and 68 blackflagged. I'm very close in skill to Zak, it's unfair to have him in Advanced honestly ~

I could do the same analysis for him and get similar results ^^

I'm sorry but I don't agree. >.< For instance, I'm looking for at least three 65+ AAAs, or five or more 65+ SDGs, along with at least two 70+ AAAs and/or three or more 75+ clean SDGs with 5 or less goods. I'd feel bad moving Zak down a division, but since you're close to being Advanced, if you got a few more 75+ clean SDGs or two 70+ AAAs I'd be happy to move you up to Advanced. :) I appreciate your concern, but I think it would be a bad idea to move Zak down a division.

ryuyasha 07-6-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzleRomanceGirl (Post 3932952)
Thank you for the advice, but in my opinion, I think using mirror is going against what the original stepartist intended. I really don't like the idea of inverting the entire stepchart to make the song easier or to avoid mindblocks. The stepartist stepped the file that way for a reason. :)

In! And thank you for saying this. I was wondering if I was the only person who held this opinion.

HalfStep 07-6-2013 05:46 PM

The problem is that you're looking at quantity, and it makes people who played more look better than they really are. My main issue right now is that "Advanced" is basically only D6 and up players, with Zak who is low/mid D5.

I'm a strong believer that you should adjust your division requirements based on who signs up for the tournament, and in this current situation, if you bumped all of D5 up to Advanced, you would have a very split up division. (The difference between D5 and D6/7 is HUGE)

I think most people would agree with me that Zak down and arc up would be very very close to perfect placements. (You did a great job on everything else btw ^^)

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-6-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalfStep (Post 3933899)
The problem is that you're looking at quantity, and it makes people who played more look better than they really are. My main issue right now is that "Advanced" is basically only D6 and up players, with Zak who is low/mid D5.

I'm a strong believer that you should adjust your division requirements based on who signs up for the tournament, and in this current situation, if you bumped all of D5 up to Advanced, you would have a very split up division. (The difference between D5 and D6/7 is HUGE)

I think most people would agree with me that Zak down and arc up would be very very close to perfect placements. (You did a great job on everything else btw ^^)

I understand what you're saying, but I could make a similar argument with Viisbya and loop123456 being really high for their division; yes they're probably going to get much better scores than the rest of the division, but this is a team tournament, and there's almost always going to be ace players who will do really well. ^.^ I have moved arcnmx to Advanced though. :)
P.S. Thank you for the compliment!

HalfStep 07-6-2013 05:57 PM

Of course divisions have higher end players and lower end, but the cutoff should be as clear as you can make it. Here's how I see it, loop and vis are high in their division, but they're quite far away from the lowest in Intermediate (Alphawolf/Sax/Doug imo). You did a great job on that split.

High intermediate players include me, FontSize and even Fluttershy currently. We're very close in skill to Zak, the lowest player in Advanced, but quite far to arcnmx and Hakulyte, which I would consider the following weakest.

Basically what I'm saying is that if you move the Intermediate/Advanced cutoff up slightly, you would have much more balanced divisions than if you leave it where it is.

James May 07-6-2013 06:05 PM

I heard that mirror is on so I'm in huehuehue

arcnmx 07-6-2013 06:06 PM

Eh, the problem with requiring counts of AAAs like that is exactly as HalfStep said, it simply measures how often a person plays rather than measure their skill. The way the placements have fallen, Advanced is wholly comprised of D6-skill players - Zak doesn't belong there. Otherwise I feel like the placements were very accurate.

However, your requirements for Advanced is something expected of D5-level players. So going by that myself, HalfStep, Fluttershy, and FontSize72LOL (probably even Pretentious, who's been getting really good lately) should be bumped up as we can all well meet them. It really depends on whether Advanced should be considered only D6 or D5-D6, I think how it is now besides Zak works out well though - the division sizes are pretty neatly even because of it.

As for where I personally belong I don't care. I'll either be the high end of one or low end of the other >.>

Also re: mirror, definitely support allowing it. I don't use it but for spread players it's pretty important for leveling the playing field across left-handed and right-handed players.

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-6-2013 06:18 PM

Okay, maybe you're right. I'll raise the bar for the Advanced division and move Zakvvv666 go to the Intermediate division. ^.^

HalfStep 07-6-2013 06:21 PM

Awesome! Sorry for arguing the placements so much, I feel a bit like a douche x_x You're a great host drizzle :D

Jonlovesddr 07-6-2013 06:23 PM

I'm probably beginner

HalfStep 07-6-2013 06:24 PM

No lol

Jonlovesddr 07-6-2013 06:24 PM

vince stop being a meanie

Elmerz 07-6-2013 06:26 PM

You'll quit after round 1 anyways. <3

Jonlovesddr 07-6-2013 06:27 PM

not going 2 quit this time

Elmerz 07-6-2013 06:27 PM

Not sure I'll take your word on that, but feel free to prove me wrong haha

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-6-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalfStep (Post 3933913)
Awesome! Sorry for arguing the placements so much, I feel a bit like a douche x_x You're a great host drizzle :D

Thank you and don't worry about it! :) You had a good argument and I agree with it now. ^.^ However, because of the new Advanced requirements, I'm moving arcnmx back to Intermediate again. XD

P.S. Jonlovesddr, you're staying in Intermediate. :P

Elmerz 07-6-2013 06:34 PM

Idk if this is a good idea, but why not add another skill level? Have Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and Expert. Beginner(d1-lowd2), Intermediate(Highd2-highd3), Advanced (D4-D5) and then Expert can be the rest? I mean, there was recently a thread that discussed which divisions had the highest skill gaps, most people agreed that d5 to d6 did and so did d1 to 2. This would keep the skill levels as fair as possible. Not saying that they aren't right now, but I don't consider myself a bad player yet I know arc and halfstep could school me anytime of the day. It's just a thought.

HalfStep 07-6-2013 06:37 PM

I think the player spread right now is really nice, and we get to have more teams with less divisions. I really think it's near perfect in its current state ^^

If there were a lot more signups I might agree with you though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmerz (Post 3933927)
I don't consider myself a bad player yet I know arc and halfstep could school me anytime of the day.

With your placement scheme, we'd still be in the same division haha ^^

Elmerz 07-6-2013 06:40 PM

Well yeah, I'm not trying to make it easier for myself by any means. I prefer the challenge of trying to compete with you. Although it would take a miracle to beat you. Haha

HalfStep 07-6-2013 06:41 PM

It's a team tourney though, we might end up on the same team :P

James May 07-6-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalfStep (Post 3933933)
It's a team tourney though, we might end up on the same team :P

inb4 its me, vince, & zak :P

Elmerz 07-6-2013 06:43 PM

*crosses fingers* I find it really sketchy to have to rely on someone I may not know in the community to be punctual and actually post scores for songs. Idk if I'm the only one that worries about that haha

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-6-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmerz (Post 3933927)
Idk if this is a good idea, but why not add another skill level? Have Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and Expert. Beginner(d1-lowd2), Intermediate(Highd2-highd3), Advanced (D4-D5) and then Expert can be the rest? I mean, there was recently a thread that discussed which divisions had the highest skill gaps, most people agreed that d5 to d6 did and so did d1 to 2. This would keep the skill levels as fair as possible. Not saying that they aren't right now, but I don't consider myself a bad player yet I know arc and halfstep could school me anytime of the day. It's just a thought.

It could be a nice idea to make another division, but there's not near enough people to make it fun. >.< Honestly, to make the tournament the way I originally thought it would be, at least 45-50 people would have to join so that each team could have four people, but with the amount of people, I don't think it would be fun to make another division when three people per team would only make 3-5 teams per division. Thank you for the offer though!

P.S. Who's vince?

Elmerz 07-6-2013 06:49 PM

I agree, I forgot to add the part that said my idea would only work with a lot of people!

Jonlovesddr 07-6-2013 06:49 PM

i can't do intermediate drizzle why do you do these things

HalfStep 07-6-2013 06:49 PM

4 people per team leaked

Elmerz 07-6-2013 06:51 PM

That's because you cant commit, Jon. You'll be fine.

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-6-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonlovesddr (Post 3933939)
i can't do intermediate drizzle why do you do these things

So you're saying you can SDG 55+ songs and AAA 50+ songs, but you're not able to compete with other people who are similar to you in skill?

HalfStep 07-6-2013 06:54 PM

Just ignore him he's a big dummy

Jonlovesddr 07-6-2013 06:56 PM

vince that was not nice at all go back to selling the shamwow

Elmerz 07-6-2013 06:58 PM

Jon, you were better than me in the official, stop being lazy and skill boost.

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-6-2013 06:58 PM

Am I the only one who has no idea what Jon is talking about? XD

Jonlovesddr 07-6-2013 06:59 PM

ok drizzle is 3-1-0-1 on a 70 good
because that sounds like beginner to me JS

Elmerz 07-6-2013 07:00 PM

lol such a troll

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-6-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonlovesddr (Post 3933953)
ok drizzle is 3-1-0-1 on a 70 good
because that sounds like beginner to me JS

It's better than I could do at least. :)

James May 07-6-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzleRomanceGirl (Post 3933951)
Am I the only one who has no idea what Jon is talking about? XD

he's a baka don't worry :3

WSCB 07-6-2013 07:03 PM

Definitely in!

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-6-2013 07:04 PM

Okay, you can say that Jon (or anyone else for that matter) is being silly or trolling, but please don't call anyone names. ^.^

Jonlovesddr 07-6-2013 07:10 PM

drizzle you have to be my favorite person on fiffer because you're not a big meanie butt

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-6-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonlovesddr (Post 3933962)
drizzle you have to be my favorite person on fiffer because you're not a big meanie butt

Thanks, but as I just said, no insulting anyone.

Elmerz 07-6-2013 07:14 PM

Owned

Jonlovesddr 07-6-2013 07:14 PM

when do we get teams

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-6-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonlovesddr (Post 3933966)
when do we get teams

I'm not sure yet; I'd like to wait until everyone's signed up because it's unfair to switch teams at the last minute just after a new person joins. :)

HalfStep 07-6-2013 07:18 PM

When are you planning on closing the sign ups?

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-6-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalfStep (Post 3933971)
When are you planning on closing the sign ups?

I'm not exactly sure, but probably in a week or so, or maybe sooner if no one signs up in the next few days.

arcnmx 07-6-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalfStep (Post 3933930)
I think the player spread right now is really nice, and we get to have more teams with less divisions. I really think it's near perfect in its current state ^^

Mm, agreed. With less divisions there is going to be a higher skill gap, but as a team tournament balancing the teams should make it less of a problem (and I suppose adds an element of strategy for team captains dealing with members of varying skill levels). Larger divisions = more teams = more excitement :P

Can't wait for it to start! :D

Jonlovesddr 07-6-2013 07:30 PM

i'm going to be away from a computer from the 14th to the 19th, what should i do

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-6-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonlovesddr (Post 3933982)
i'm going to be away from a computer from the 14th to the 19th, what should i do

Just make sure your team captain understands that you won't be available those six days, so he or she can place you for a different time (unless you're the team captain, in which case you can make sure that won't happen). :)

Jonlovesddr 07-6-2013 07:40 PM

you got everything under control man
this is perfect

Psittacosis 07-6-2013 07:57 PM

I remember when I was considered high D3 :C I miss those days. ah well. That's what I get for quitting for 6 months~

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-6-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psittacosis (Post 3933995)
I remember when I was considered high D3 :C I miss those days. ah well. That's what I get for quitting for 6 months~

Just keep practicing, and you'll most likely get even better than before soon. :)

FontSize72LOL 07-7-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psittacosis (Post 3933995)

Just keep at it, I just came back a little over a week ago and I've been doing as good or better than i have before.

hcmushroom 07-7-2013 12:42 AM

so are we supposed to be organizing our own teams here? cuz i have no friends XD

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-7-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcmushroom (Post 3934162)
so are we supposed to be organizing our own teams here? cuz i have no friends XD

No, I'm going to decide the teams, but you can request specific people within your division that you'd like to be paired with, and I'll most likely let you be teamed with them unless the other people decline, or if the team will be too overpowered. :)