Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   This will help FFR as a whole (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=54797)

Synthlight 11-30-2006 09:34 PM

Re: This will help FFR as a whole

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLAZZE- (Post 1018775)
I've always enjoyed how FFR has been free, and how much time Synth puts into it. But most people on FFR are poor teengers, so we don't have too much money to throw around. If there is this premium membership thing, I will always feel as though I am missing out on something considering I have no money to spare.

EDIT: Synth's story about thanksgiving is really sad. This might not be too bad of an idea.

Keep in mind that we are just brainstorming here. I want to give the FFR community what it wants. Unfortunately we are delivering an extremely high profile site on a shoestring budget. Another way of thinking about this is that while you may feel like you are missing out, you would benefit when FFR was able to afford development of features and had super fast servers well beyond the dinky $7,000 I spent last spring on a new server for FFR.

Keep the ideas flowing though. I will definitely keep an eye on this thread. Regardless of what happens, I think I have proven that FFR is here to stay.

Cheers,

Synthlight

Shashakiro 11-30-2006 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasselfoot (Post 1018771)
3. Credits

Not credits, just unlocked songs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasselfoot
5. Possible access to Premium Only songs

No. That's exactly the sort of thing I'm certain Synth doesn't want to do, and I'd hate it as well.

Other ideas are all good though.

UberMario 11-30-2006 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasselfoot (Post 1018771)
Somehow, if there ever was a site sponsored convention... I'd bet it would be in Chicago.

1. Synth lives in Chicago
2. It is pretty damn central, when you factor in the Canadians.

You mean the thing that I was talking about? Do you need it to be something local and everything? I saw something like this (but didn't reap it like how I explained) with like. "Click on this link to some kinda hotdog site".

Quote:

List of stuff for a Premium Membership:

1. Special Forum access
2. Access to a custom, user edited, forum title
3. Credits
4. Access to SotWs early
5. Possible access to Premium Only songs
6. No ads?
7. Premium Member Only chat
1.: What kinda of special forum access?
3.: Credits= how about not credits, just unlocked songs.
5.: I don't like that one :(
6.: I was just going to post that idea. I really like that one.

UberMario 11-30-2006 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synthlight (Post 1018798)
Keep the ideas flowing though. I will definitely keep an eye on this thread. Regardless of what happens, I think I have proven that FFR is here to stay.

Cheers,

Synthlight

I think you quitting your job for FFR has ultimately proven that FFR is here to stay. By the way, what does your family think about that?

BLAZZE- 11-30-2006 09:43 PM

Do you make any profit from FFR whatsoever? If not, I really don't know how you do it Synth. Also, I saw in another thread that you said we should link to FFR at other websites. I'll be sure to do that.

Synthlight 11-30-2006 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLAZZE- (Post 1018815)
Do you make any profit from FFR whatsoever? If not, I really don't know how you do it Synth. Also, I saw in another thread that you said we should link to FFR at other websites. I'll be sure to do that.

If we had 100 people link to FFR from other websites and worked 1 hour at doing that, it would increase our exposure, ranking, revenue by quite a bit. Things like this are very valuable.

Cheers,

Synthlight

meno_rocks123 11-30-2006 09:51 PM

ATTN: Everyone who goes to another forum post FFR in your sig.
GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Synthlight 11-30-2006 09:53 PM

WAIT!! don't post your sig yet! Jason & I have a small surprise for you tonight that would make that task easier. Just give us another 30 mins.

Cheers,

Synthlight

BLAZZE- 11-30-2006 09:54 PM

I'm on my psp right now so i'll link to FFR a LOT tomorrow.

EDIT: Hold up, Synth's got a surprise.

UberMario 11-30-2006 10:02 PM

Oooo, I like suprises.

ToshX 11-30-2006 10:11 PM

Sweet, <3 FFR because I can actually make changes and the main admin bends over backwards to help us.

As for premium membership, I think it'd be nice to give custom titles on the forum and a little "donator" mark next to their name or something. As for ingame stuff, let them play a downloadable version and/or receive updates as you're working on FFR. I don't even know of half of the stuff you work on for FFR, and I'm sure others are interested. That's all I can really think off of the top of my head.

UberMario 11-30-2006 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToshX (Post 1018878)
As for premium membership, I think it'd be nice to give custom titles on the forum and a little "donator" mark next to their name or something.

In the forums you wouldn't really need a little "donator" mark. I think that should be there if you donate $20+ with paypal. Which brings up that question again about paypal that Manti asked. "Does the link cost anything to maintain? If not why not place it on the front page? a random dollar here or there is still something."

So the "donator" mark shouldn't be there for being a premium member or plus or golden or whatever you'd like to call it - because you'd have a custom title anyways and if you don't take advantage of that, then it's your choice.

Synthlight 11-30-2006 10:38 PM

Remember I said I would give you all something that would make sig life a little easier?

Well here you go, enjoy.. It even generates every type of code you would want, including forum code.

Please go out of your way to thank Jason for the code development.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/.../SiggyEdit.php

Now go spread those sigs around.

Cheers,

Synthlight

Doug31 11-30-2006 10:40 PM

That is so awesome! Synth you rule!

nestlekwik 11-30-2006 10:41 PM

Simply awesome. I shall reveal this to the masses wherever I go.

UberMario 11-30-2006 10:41 PM

That's awesome, Synth!

Tasselfoot 11-30-2006 10:53 PM

Uber: Synth doesn't even tell me some of the projects he's working on... lol.

Synthlight 11-30-2006 11:11 PM

Everyone Likey?

Cheers,

Synthlight

itmorr 11-30-2006 11:21 PM

Those look pretty cool.

Shashakiro 11-30-2006 11:22 PM

Sexy.