Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Dump Batch Discussion Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=153960)

ToonE156 06-2-2022 10:49 AM

Re: Dump Batch Discussion Thread

I will have to agree with choof here

I haven't seen any argument against this that doesn't sound like the person making the argument is stuck in 2011 or 2016 styled bursty VS breakcore charting. I love high bpm stuff as much as the next guy (I don't like bursts that much lmao) but it would be really nice to see something like Doja Cat being in the 80+ range of difficulty

I might make a video about my thoughts to this later idk

ositzxz369 06-2-2022 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToonE156 (Post 4778982)
2016 styled VS breakcore charting

1st instance of modern VS stepping is from Choof's My Half (released at 2012), so I think we're still stuck in 2012 styled VS breakcore charting.

loftyb 06-2-2022 01:00 PM

no normal person wants to casually listen to breakcore

Skayles 06-2-2022 01:42 PM

im a genetic freak and im not normal

ToonE156 06-2-2022 03:36 PM

same Skayles, i relate

Wiosna 06-2-2022 10:38 PM

you see if you were to go one to one with another stepper you'd have a 50% chance of winning, but i'm a breakcore enjoyer and i'm not normal, so you have a 75% chance at worst at beat me. and then if you add gold stinger into the mix, your chances of winning drastic go up

VisD 06-3-2022 12:06 AM

what did she mean by this

Tru 07-31-2022 01:23 AM

Dump Batch submissions are still open for another month! There's still time to polish and submit your files.

If you miss the deadline, no worries! You can still submit dumps to the regular batch.

klimtkiller 08-20-2022 04:53 AM

what the fuck, please don’t allow dumps in-game.

if you’re going to put dumps in, make a specific dump-only section where everything is rated 0 difficulty, or atleast don’t make it go towards skill rating. they should be completely distinct from the main part of the game, or not allowed at all. we have ffrmania for random sm files, there could be an ffr dump-file engine separate from the main engine.

storn42 08-20-2022 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klimtkiller (Post 4781571)

if you’re going to put dumps in, make a specific dump-only section where everything is rated 0 difficulty, or atleast don’t make it go towards skill rating. they should be completely distinct from the main part of the game, or not allowed at all. we have ffrmania for random sm files, there could be an ffr dump-file engine separate from the main engine.

Why shouldn't they be allowed in game? They're a valid form of charting and allows more options for higher difficulty songs (when we need more d8-9 content this is important). Just because we're going to start accepting dumps (and tbh we've been heading this way for a while) doesn't mean we're going to start putting bad files into the game. In all honesty, it'll probably be more scrutinized than regular files. To quote the op "dumping is a style of charting, not an excuse to make poor files!"

I'm not a huge fan of dump files myself, but i still agree they deserve to be put in game, especially when done well.

mi40 08-20-2022 06:11 AM

Quote:

track title is literally a dump

Psychotik 08-20-2022 08:52 AM

Dumps are good, and there is no reason it shouldn't count toward ranks unless it's zero diff due to an unreasonable spike.

I do agree it should get it's own genre or some way to be labelled. I'm not too crazy about just adding another label in the title (like duplicate authors for same song title or Standard/Heavy as we have too many of those already). There should be a more elegant way of doing it.

Lights 08-20-2022 12:50 PM

Quote:

ratio.

XelNya 08-20-2022 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychotik (Post 4781583)
Dumps are good, and there is no reason it shouldn't count toward ranks unless it's zero diff due to an unreasonable spike.

I do agree it should get it's own genre or some way to be labelled. I'm not too crazy about just adding another label in the title (like duplicate authors for same song title or Standard/Heavy as we have too many of those already). There should be a more elegant way of doing it.

Well crafted dumps, such as files that merge a base structure, with say emphasized vocal dumping, are great and have a lot of cool value to be added. Absolutely should count.

But just shitting notes like it's an osumania file, or an icyworld js file with ghost notes everywhere (think say Nature of Dying before he posted the open collab opportunity, I dunno how many folks have played that file tbh) absolutely shouldn't count. (Not trying to shit on Icy here btw, it's just an example.)

Is pretty much my take.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lights (Post 4781585)
ratio.

"Be nice" I think is what applies here.

Lights 08-20-2022 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4781587)
"Be nice" I think is what applies here.

I'm merely giving the level of response warranted for what was said. That was the nice version.

awein999 08-20-2022 03:21 PM

bring on the dumps (makeup)

klimtkiller 08-20-2022 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mi40 (Post 4781575)
track title is literally a dump

no it isn’t lmao. i stepped it accurately to the music and had to make many changes before it got ingame

klimtkiller 08-20-2022 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4781574)
Why shouldn't they be allowed in game? They're a valid form of charting and allows more options for higher difficulty songs (when we need more d8-9 content this is important). Just because we're going to start accepting dumps (and tbh we've been heading this way for a while) doesn't mean we're going to start putting bad files into the game. In all honesty, it'll probably be more scrutinized than regular files. To quote the op "dumping is a style of charting, not an excuse to make poor files!"

I'm not a huge fan of dump files myself, but i still agree they deserve to be put in game, especially when done well.

having the charts stepped accurately to the music has always been a staple of ffr. I didn’t spend hours and hours slowing down the music to try and make out minute sounds, make sure jumps are stepped to the correct sounds, make sure all the layering is accurate and consistent, just for that to get all thrown out of the window with dumps being accepted.

Pizza69 08-20-2022 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klimtkiller (Post 4781596)
having the charts stepped accurately to the music has always been a staple of ffr. I didn’t spend hours and hours slowing down the music to try and make out minute sounds, make sure jumps are stepped to the correct sounds, make sure all the layering is accurate and consistent, just for that to get all thrown out of the window with dumps being accepted.

did you even read the OP?

klimtkiller 08-20-2022 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pizza69 (Post 4781597)
did you even read the OP?

“...often focusing more on how a pattern feels to play rather than the individual notes and technical details present in a song. “

yes...