Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Films and Television (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Scariest movie you've ever seen? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=131325)

smartdude1212 02-3-2014 05:38 PM

Re: Scariest movie you've ever seen?

Silent House really creeped the hell out of me. It's edited like a one-shot movie, which makes it even more terrifying because you get drawn into what's happening without cutting to another scene or another point of view. This does mean that there are shaky parts in some scenes with running.

Very cool movie to watch though.

noname219 02-3-2014 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tps222 (Post 4070925)
Horror movies are usually bullshit because they could never happen in real life.

I'm waiting for a horror movie that is actually terrifying because of how real it could be, not because of cheap shock tactics.

So no, I've never seen a movie that was scary, but I hope someone can make one.

Better yet, suggest one to me that is psychologically terrifying. No ghosts/aliens/jerky cam/shock tactics.

The Shining
Psycho
The Silence of the Lambs
Se7en
Funny Games
The Exorcist

Some of those are by definition thrillers, not horror movie but they contain some scary parts.
could also add Misery and The Sixth Sense

Devilchilly 02-3-2014 05:54 PM

Idk if this involves, but creepypastas are only the scariest I've seen, but SAW is one of those violence, scary shit movie I've seen

Herogashix 02-3-2014 07:40 PM

The Garbage Bin.

I actually have yet to see a movie that scares me enough.
But if I had to choose the scariest of the bunch I've watched, it'd probably be like... stupid as it sounds, The Ring. (But who hasn't seen that movie, right? :P)

omega_grunt666 02-4-2014 04:35 AM

The Poughkeepsie Tapes
Serbian Film (Srpski film)
Cannibal Holocaust

Marathon for no-sleep, I highly DO NOT recommend. NSFL

Herogashix 02-4-2014 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omega_grunt666 (Post 4071201)

Doing this whether you recommend it or not.

James May 02-4-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilchilly (Post 4071013)
Idk if this involves, but creepypastas are only the scariest I've seen, but SAW is one of those violence, scary shit movie I've seen

Creepypastas are hilarious to read teehee~

samurai7694 02-4-2014 11:40 AM

"The Poughkeepsie Tapes" was the most recent movie I've seen that legitimately gave me the creeps. I'm not sure if it's based on anything factual nor do I remember if the acting was any good but I watched it from beginning to end and I personally thought it was interesting and disturbing.

LaZboy77 02-4-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 3956035)
This (start scrolling down to read): http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detai...d=350217&no=31

Why the hell did I click that link?

samurai7694 02-4-2014 12:19 PM

curiosity shrunk my penis

Arkuski 02-4-2014 04:42 PM

I was scared to death by Signs when it came out... and jeez I was 9 that's pretty bad

andy-o24 02-4-2014 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omega_grunt666 (Post 4071201)
The Poughkeepsie Tapes
Serbian Film (Srpski film)
Cannibal Holocaust

Assuming I can find them all...

It begins!

-o24

Scubasteve0110 02-4-2014 08:12 PM

Not my favorite, but VHS scared the crap out of me! The first one

andy-o24 02-4-2014 10:48 PM

I don't even know what to say about those films... I would suggest you watch Cannibal Holocaust, then The Poughkeepsie Tapes, and finally A Serbian Film. They just escalate in that order something ridiculous.

-o24

DragonIIDX 02-4-2014 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omega_grunt666 (Post 4070314)
I've watched too many horror films to be scared anymore.

Same. The only recent horror movie I've seen is Cabin in the Woods. I don't know if that would be considered scary though but I'll try to think of something if I can. I heard You're Next was good, but I haven't looked into it yet. Can't think of scariest I've ever seen at the moment...

Snowcrafta 02-5-2014 01:31 AM

I enjoyed the ring, paranormal (in)activity. If you like anime Higurashi/When they cry and Ghosthunt are pretty good. Pet Semetary is a really good classic, along with the exorcist.

More into suspense over gore.

ricochxxx 05-27-2016 06:43 PM

The Forest was very scary! I could not stop watching the popcorn!

TheRapingDragon 06-10-2016 09:38 AM

The scariest movies I ever saw were anything I watched when I was a child: The Shining, IT, Child's Play and Nightmare On Elm Street, to name a few.

As much as I still love horror movies, I don't find them scary these days, so I tend to gravitate towards gory B-Horror, controversial horror, or comedy horror.

The scariest modern movies I can think of would be things like Martyrs or Eden Lake. Australia and France have a lot of good horror movies worth watching.

DaBackpack 06-10-2016 09:43 AM

Repulsion, Roman Polanski imo is the scariest horror movie because of how grounded it is

Eyes without a Face is also a great movie in the horror genre, even if it isn't the scariest