Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Team Blaze (Thread v2) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=125322)

Fluvs 08-14-2012 01:09 AM

Re: Team Blaze (Thread v2)

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 3746909)
I seem to be observing the opposite from my point of view, but perhaps that's just me.

I believe only a few same persons keeps posting their scores/updates ect. I am guessing this is what competitive means to you? then again I could be wrong too lol

Team Blaze 08-14-2012 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00Razor00 (Post 3746908)
can i join

As of right now you're still on the Team Pony roster.

Edit:

After thinking about this for a little bit, I think a good way to approach the topic to understand my thoughts on it (justin_ator) is that Team Blaze is a group that has become pretty tight-knit as far as the skype group and active member list is concerned. We want people dedicated to our team. Team Pokemon is a gathering of pokemon lovers. debbie downers is a gathering of downscroll players. We happen to be a gathering of people that WANT to be a dedicated team and support group. Our group isn't so much casual talk about this topic or that, it's friends supporting each other. In my opinion (and this is not official TB opinion, just mine, so don't quote this as "the TB side of things") TB isn't really meant to be a group that people join and just casually pass through to say hi once in a while. We want dedicated members. People that are going to say yep, repping tb in this event.

If you can't say you'd support TB over your other team, I don't feel you should join TB in the first place.

reuben_tate 08-14-2012 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fluvs (Post 3746910)
I believe only a few same persons keeps posting their scores/updates ect. I am guessing this is what competitive means to you? then again I could be wrong too lol

Perhaps it's not everyone on Team Pony that is like that, but I feel there is a good amount of friendly competition coming from both sides. I'll think it over.

Fluvs 08-14-2012 01:27 AM

:-D
Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 3746923)
Perhaps it's not everyone on Team Pony that is like that, but I feel there is a good amount of friendly competition coming from both sides. I'll think it over.

I agree on the few amounts also not eveyone is that competitive just need to find out who is an isn't :D

bmah 08-14-2012 01:37 AM

Truth be told, I hardly see much "team competition" going around for any team these days. Score comparisons for the purpose of one-upping another team is almost non-existent now, but used to be common in the mid to late 2000s. Today, people post scores almost always to gauge their own rate of improvement. They rarely heed to someone else.

I see teams these days as being groups composed of individuals that share a common interest that is usually unrelated to the game itself. If this is how it's going to be, I don't see the need to add barriers for competitive purposes.

The competitive aspect of FFR is most common in one-on-one rivalry threads, not team threads.

megamon88 08-14-2012 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3746931)
Truth be told, I hardly see much "team competition" going around for any team these days. Score comparisons for the purpose of one-upping another team is almost non-existent now, but used to be common in the mid to late 2000s. Today, people post scores almost always to gauge their own rate of improvement. They rarely heed to someone else.

I see teams these days as being groups composed of individuals that share a common interest that is usually unrelated to the game itself. If this is how it's going to be, I don't see the need to add barriers for competitive purposes.

The competitive aspect of FFR is most common in one-on-one rivalry threads, not team threads.

Pretty much nailed it on the head. The purpose of Team Pony (as per the OP) is "mostly just to play FFR, talk about ponies, and most importantly have fun!" The competitive side is really just within the team - I honestly don't see any inter-team competition.

@justin I see your point and respect your decision, whatever it may be.

justin_ator 08-14-2012 02:17 AM

Well it's not my decision to make, as it's Ben's team.

If you want my honest uncensored opinion, I personally am not real excited about Team Pony members joining because, while I have no problem with you guys enjoying MLP, I don't really like hearing about it or seeing avatars from it all the time, and TB is one of the few places I don't really see any of that. Somewhat the same reason I tune out / close the TB chat when the conversation turns to League of Legends. I'd be fine with letting TP members in if I didn't have to hear about MLP in the TB chat.

Again, my thoughts (as bad as they might sound, I don't mean to be offensive), and it's ultimately Ben's decision.

edit: depending on what Ben thinks, I'd be open to dropping the rival-team "bans" and just seeing how things go

Xx{Midnight}xX 08-14-2012 02:41 AM

My concern is that there are people in Team Pony (they / ben / myself / justin should know who they are) who have been shown to not be able to remain civil in our chat if we open it to them (thanks to an incident a bit ago.) I'm fine though if Ben thinks it can be done ect. Just thought I'd voice my only concern.

I'm not fond of all the pony talk / fandom ect, but I see no reason to discriminate them because of their interests. That would be like kicking me out for liking the Miku vocaloid as much as I do. I'm all for allowing everyone into the chat as long as they can remain civil and not force us into doing what had to be done last time.

justin_ator 08-14-2012 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX (Post 3746961)
I'm all for allowing everyone into the chat as long as they can remain civil and not force us into doing what had to be done last time.

I'm not for allowing anyone into the chat that isn't a part of TB (with VERY few exceptions), I feel that that was the main issue with the last time, it wasn't TB exclusive and things got out of hand. Plus, if users cause issues in the chat, we ban them from TB, easy as that.

Spoiled_Milk 08-14-2012 03:19 AM

Hi guys. Just saying hi guys..So, hi guys.

i will pwn u 08-14-2012 04:59 AM

only problem i have with the op is the word owner.. iirc your not the one who started it and i think leader would be a much better word.. im also gonna have to ask that you please take me off the team, im not really part of it.. i tried and someone kept kickin me outta skype chat so i kinda prefer to roll solo anyways..

Zakvvv666 08-14-2012 05:32 AM

That would have been me as back when you did join the chat we had too many people to host call so I had to kick people out temporarily to make room (I'm fairly certain I warned you and everyone else who I had to kick out to start them, everyone was also allowed right back in).

I'll remove you from the spreadsheet as requested though.

i heart candy 08-14-2012 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00Razor00 (Post 3746908)
can i join

xd

popsicle_3000 08-14-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zyphoror (Post 3746878)
dewdies

LMAO i saw that episode yesterday no joke

psychoangel691 08-14-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3746952)
I don't really like hearing about it or seeing avatars from it all the time, and TB is one of the few places I don't really see any of that. Somewhat the same reason I tune out / close the TB chat when the conversation turns to League of Legends.

As long as you're on the forums you see the avatars all the time so that's kind of a pitiful excuse. Plus you can turn avatars off just like you can sigs. Also there isn't all that much talk about MLP even in our chat. It's more just FFR related chat than anything. If you close out TB chat when they talk about LOL then you could easily do the same for pony chat, just sayin.

AlexDest 08-14-2012 09:21 AM

Good to know Team Pony is getting more advertisement in here.

00Razor00 08-14-2012 11:22 AM

I like how Middie is the only one with something nice to say. Surprising.

jductape 08-14-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3746931)

Let's do a competition then! It would be sick! Team Blaze vs. Team Pony

Something like, each team is divided into divisions, and each division can post like 3 scores per song, and then the highest team at the end of a couple of songs would win. That would be quite enjoyable, indeed.

ReikonKeiri 08-14-2012 01:17 PM

I'll join, since I'm already friends with a couple of the members. Skype chat sounds fun.

Wayward Vagabond 08-14-2012 01:20 PM

why was a v2 made im curious

also im not on the team

also also compete more

also also also zek sticks out like a white man in a black parade