Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Do you like to drive? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116138)

flashpantss 12-14-2010 04:37 PM

Re: Do you like to drive?

I like driving and being able to control where I want to go, But the bad things is paying for gas, and I don't feel like investing in electric/whatever other type of car there is.

lumphoboextreme 12-14-2010 04:40 PM

only if i'm on I70, I79, or 43. then you can pretty much go however fast you want

customstuff 12-14-2010 04:42 PM

I love it! I do crazy driving with friends and drift too :)

One Winged Angel 12-14-2010 04:45 PM

I enjoy driving by myself, either to school, work, music and book stores etc., but if my friends are going to be in the vehicle, I'd rather ride shotgun...especially because I don't have the brightest of friends and the chicks are always drinking alcohol in the car lol

HoodedRaccoon 12-14-2010 05:12 PM

Just got my license yesterday drove to school and to work out and I love it.
But I know how you feel being scared sh**less because I was at first but then got used to it and its really fun...until you get behind someone who goes under the speed limit:x

robertsona 12-14-2010 05:18 PM

i dont have my license yet but the idea of driving scares the **** out of me

nois-or-e 12-14-2010 05:19 PM

Learners permit in '00, probationary in '02, fully licenced since '04. First sat behind the wheel of a car on my friends farm in '96 and have loved it since.

My most recent car :c

HoodedRaccoon 12-14-2010 05:25 PM

<---(this guy a little jealous of his car)
[quote=nois-or-e;3369375]Learners permit in '00, probationary in '02, fully licenced since '04. First sat behind the wheel of a car on my friends farm in '96 and have loved it since.

Phynx 12-14-2010 05:27 PM

Personally I love driving. It's relaxing for me when I drive on lost country roads and it's exciting driving on huge streets and highways like in big cities. Going through Salt Lake it seems like I always find that one person who wants to race me in my truck. Being a gas junkie I can't help it, we'll take off and weave through traffic at like 110mph lol, sadly that's as fast as my truck will go :( so normally I lose. Oh well.

All in all, I love driving, it's exciting. Its an adrenaline booster at times.

Kagome 12-14-2010 05:53 PM

Having the freedom to get up and go whenever I want is nice, but I don't really care for driving. I avoid it if I can.

justaguy 12-14-2010 05:56 PM

i like to get blacked out and go driving

Rubin0 12-14-2010 05:57 PM

Not to be a buzz kill, but I lost an uncle a few years ago who was in a terrible car crash because someone else was reckless. There are a million other non-selfish ways to get an adrenaline rush.

Kibblre 12-14-2010 06:05 PM

I ****ing hate driving because people are idiots.

"Hey, it's a 50 MPH zone. Therefore, I must go 40!"

Happens way too often.

smartdude1212 12-14-2010 06:10 PM

Ever since I got my licence I've despised being a passenger because I can't control the driver... especially since most people I've been in a vehicle with are scary.

I'm a control freak. :cool:

HoneyMelonCalibrator 12-14-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kibblre (Post 3369418)
I ****ing hate driving because people are idiots.

"Hey, it's a 50 MPH zone. Therefore, I must go 40!"

Happens way too often.

Words can't describe how amazing it feels to cut those people off in traffic though :lol:

MrGiggles 12-14-2010 07:17 PM

Whenever possible and appropriate I take the passenger seat. It's just less work, ya know? I like just chillin with some tunes and looking out the window.

Aldentron 12-14-2010 09:13 PM

I've never even applied for a learner's permit and see no point. For me (and most people that don't even realize it,) a car is a giant waste, especially in urban areas. Here are my favorite reasons to cycle (and promote cycling.)

Correlation with Overall Wealth.
Less Public Money Is Needed To Create a High Quality Transportation System.
Improved Personal Finances
Better Physical Health
Better Mental and Emotional Health
Fewer Overweight and Obese Citizens
More Free Time
Greater Mobility
Inclusion of Senior Citizens (and the youth, as well.)
More Equitable Living for Low Income Earners (read: students)
Increased Sense of Community
Individual Opportunities for Safer Travel
Less Congested Roads
Safer, Quieter Neighborhoods
More Resources for Public Use (because less money goes into giant highway expansions and the like)
Better Air Quality
Visually More Appealing Metropolitan Area
Cleaner Surface and Ground Water
Quieter City
Slowed Pace of Global Warming
More Sustainable Lifestyle
Readiness for Other Environmental Initiatives

Here's the longer list that I ripped these off of, it has articles that follow up on each reason, and it has more reasons than I have listed.
http://www.environment.ucf.edu/bikep...0to%20Bike.htm

Crashfan3 12-14-2010 09:21 PM

I don't own my own car, but to me, I only like to drive if I like the car.

Cars I've driven (in order chronologically):

'01 Huyndai Sonata - Used to be my mom's car, this is the car I learned to drive in. Pretty average ride.
'98 Land Rover Discovery - Was difficult to get used to, but now I love driving this car
'91 Mercury Capri XR2 - rageface.jpg I hate this car. Steering is ****ed and I feel like I'm literally dragging on the ground.
'99 Jeep Grand Cherokee - This one had transmission problems so maybe it shouldn't count, but it was ... er, interesting.
'03 Range Rover HSE - This felt like a sports car merged with an M1 Abrams tank. Needless to say, driving this car was amazing. So sad that we had to sell it :(
'89 VW Jetta - The car I learned to drive a stick in, and then forgot 3 months later.
'03 Toyota Camry - My mom's "new" car, which I've only driven three or four times. Better than the Hyundai, but still not perfect.

Overall, I like driving.

Kibblre 12-14-2010 09:26 PM

Oh, and my car is a crappy '93 Nissan Altima with 155k miles on it. The speedometer likes to stop working, in which case I need to pound on the dash to make it work. Also, whenever I turn right it sounds like the axel's going to fall off. All of this has been looked over by a mechanic who claims he cannot find anything wrong.

Possibly if I had a better car I'd enjoy driving more. But still, people are stupid which will still piss me off.

Severely off topic, but I'm going to be a FFR Veteran soon!

~HentaiXXX~ 12-14-2010 09:30 PM

'93 buick century lol, she's about ready to break down