Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Brag Board (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Amateur FFR Scores! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115674)

prongsie 11-25-2010 02:44 PM

Re: Amateur FFR Scores!

bf'd twice today :c

whee, eZ

i love you 11-25-2010 02:46 PM

About time something like this was made

Wineandbread 11-25-2010 03:15 PM

How about instead of having 2 threads we at least try to recognize less skilled players in the original thread?

... Just sayin'.

TC_Halogen 11-25-2010 03:18 PM

Saying that won't make it happen.

Why don't people who don't care for the thread just leave? You guys aren't helping the cause.

Wineandbread 11-25-2010 03:29 PM

You guys could at least try to do it though, in conjunction with this thread. What's to say people who post here start getting a lot better and switch threads, only to be ignored by upper tier players anyway? And then they try to come back to the amateur thread and end up in this gray space where they don't seem to fit. Do you make a middle/average skill thread too?

For the record, I am in support of this thread.

Xayphon 11-25-2010 03:32 PM

Supportin' this

Low Tier players basically need some motivation by some FFR Pro's/Masta's to play this game consecutively, because I think people are looking into these "Pro's" as models

In more understandable english: I'd be happy as a low Tier player if I'll get a compliment by a lot of people and FFR pro's

Just my thought

Plan_Bsk81127 11-25-2010 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3351289)
Saying that won't make it happen.

Why don't people who don't care for the thread just leave? You guys aren't helping the cause.

Maybe because they can be here if they want and state thier opinion when they dont support for the same reason people are posting to support. Stop getting pissy at people who dont like this idea.

LoneW0lf 11-25-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prongsie (Post 3351279)
bf'd twice today :c

whee, eZ

Nice Brightone AAA. Sorry about the BF =(

mnnicol 11-25-2010 03:50 PM

Monica, your scores are too godly for this thread... :-)

foxfire667 11-25-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wineandbread (Post 3351287)
How about instead of having 2 threads we at least try to recognize less skilled players in the original thread?

... Just sayin'.

Well, think about it this way, if there are scores like the following:
Midnight Dragon: AAA
Night and Day: AAA
Hardkore Atomic: 11-1-0-2
~
-Y: 42-6-1-6
FFLBF: 420-185-82-195

In the same thread, what scores do you think people are going to say "good job" to, and which ones are probably going to be forgotten about? Separating the two will allow for the level of skill to be separated enough for these scores to be recognized by others in the same thread (especially when they are people who have close to the same skill level).

Also, nice AAA Prongsie, and I'm sure you can get the Techno Green Greens one if you give it a couple more goes in the near future!

xXAll-ProXx 11-25-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxfire667 (Post 3351315)
Well, think about it this way, if there are scores like the following:
Midnight Dragon: AAA
Night and Day: AAA
Hardkore Atomic: 11-1-0-2
~
-Y: 42-6-1-6
FFLBF: 420-185-82-195

In the same thread, what scores do you think people are going to say "good job" to, and which ones are probably going to be forgotten about? Separating the two will allow for the level of skill to be separated enough for these scores to be recognized by others in the same thread (especially when they are people who have close to the same skill level).

Also, nice AAA Prongsie, and I'm sure you can get the Techno Green Greens one if you give it a couple more goes in the near future!

this

Patashu 11-25-2010 04:05 PM

maybe it would make sense to have multiple threads with well defined 'brackets' as to how good a score should be to be posted in that topic.

for instance the topmost thread would be 'VC AAAs, under rank 200 on FMOs and up, AAAs on sync-based/background-based difficulty files' and then the one under it would be 'D/VD AAAs, under rank 1000 on Cs and up' and then the one below that would be for any scores. something like that

this leads to two things: it makes the stratification of scores into threads explicit not implicit, and prevents complaints along the lines of 'well they can post their scores in FFR Scores like anyone else it's not our fault they're not' because now it's set in stone where they post, and it also adds encouragement and reward behind the thought of moving up through topics. maybe you'd need more than three topics for that to really kick in

prongsie 11-25-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnnicol (Post 3351313)
Monica, your scores are too godly for this thread... :-)

lolshuddup. leave me to drown in my noobishness. :c

and thanks guys. :D

badman7772 11-25-2010 04:21 PM

I'm +1ing this. I think this should be limited to low VC AAA's. Which is my skill level anyways when I'm lucky. The other thread's like the Dossar/Rubix/Other Guru thread anyways! XD

leonid 11-25-2010 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patashu (Post 3351327)
maybe it would make sense to have multiple threads with well defined 'brackets' as to how good a score should be to be posted in that topic.

for instance the topmost thread would be 'VC AAAs, under rank 200 on FMOs and up, AAAs on sync-based/background-based difficulty files' and then the one under it would be 'D/VD AAAs, under rank 1000 on Cs and up' and then the one below that would be for any scores. something like that

this leads to two things: it makes the stratification of scores into threads explicit not implicit, and prevents complaints along the lines of 'well they can post their scores in FFR Scores like anyone else it's not our fault they're not' because now it's set in stone where they post, and it also adds encouragement and reward behind the thought of moving up through topics. maybe you'd need more than three topics for that to really kick in

I support dis

Hell, why not just make a usergroup/forum/etc for each bracket?

xXAll-ProXx 11-25-2010 04:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
SDG's will never leave me alone :(

Wineandbread 11-25-2010 04:40 PM

I think you guys aren't getting the point.

I am saying that if someone does try to post in the FFR scores thread, somebody new/you haven't seen before, and posts a score, regardless of how good or bad it is, you should try to comment on it, not just ignore them and throw them into the "amateur" scores thread.

It's not a matter of the score being good or not, it's the positive feedback that matters.

[Edit] Again, I am not in opposition of this thread, I am trying to make a suggestion to the FFR Scores Thread folk

tastelikepeaches 11-25-2010 04:49 PM

lololool all this bickering happened in my stepmania d1/d2/d3 thread.... and basically killed it..... deja vu

prongsie 11-25-2010 04:53 PM

k

better :3

and djlblsjfhsljfhsdulfhusdlfds MY 2nd VC AAA TO WASTE ;-;

LoneW0lf 11-25-2010 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wineandbread (Post 3351348)
I think you guys aren't getting the point.

I am saying that if someone does try to post in the FFR scores thread, somebody new/you haven't seen before, and posts a score, regardless of how good or bad it is, you should try to comment on it, not just ignore them and throw them into the "amateur" scores thread.

It's not a matter of the score being good or not, it's the positive feedback that matters.

[Edit] Again, I am not in opposition of this thread, I am trying to make a suggestion to the FFR Scores Thread folk

Yeah, it's been suggested before and people said they would but it just doesn't work man. I posted a Beethoven Virus AAA there couple days ago, completely ignored.

I understand what yer saying, but most of the FFR score regs don't comment on lower levle songs.