Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Offensive Songs Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=153515)

Shadow_God_10 08-26-2021 06:34 PM

Re: Offensive Songs Thread

If you're butthurt over song lyrics, you're taking life too seriously.

Oh, and the fact that you're actually trying to censor words like ORAL and VAGINAL... Kinda cringe ngl

ositzxz369 08-26-2021 09:02 PM

v4ginal = Vaginal; f1st = Fist; or4l = Oral.

Wiosna 08-26-2021 09:09 PM

Content warnings are definitely ideal here I think, through an opt-in genre similar to how people need to enable the Legacy genre to play them. A notification telling players about what themes to expect before checking the box for the explicit genre should suffice. Removal is excessive and I think it's overall better to display them, as hi19 said, as a monument to tasteless artwork. Editing audio is definitely not allowed given FFR's permissions.

Funnygurl555 08-26-2021 09:15 PM

hypocrisy: the thread

mellonxcollie 08-26-2021 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4770377)
But if you listened to Dishwasher and thought it was misogynistic, you missed the joke. When people complain about the shit that doesn't matter, it makes it really hard to see the actual cases and take them seriously.

the fact that people take this seriously and not as a joke/parody song makes me worried for the future of our people

I get it can be jarring though if you're not expecting it so I agree with a warning for explicit content or something like that

There are way worse songs in FFR content wise that use much "nicer" language

mellonxcollie 08-26-2021 10:38 PM

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...sault-1209677/

"Mindless Self Indulgence Singer Jimmy Urine Sued for Sexual Assault of Minor, accused of two-year sexual relationship with a 15-year-old, who accuses him of grooming, molesting and sexually assaulting her repeatedly"

This man has a song in FFR

like if we are gonna go there let's actually go there

also psychozerosk8r stepped that song T_T miss that dude

Funnygurl555 08-26-2021 10:50 PM

not a woman who doesn't have a history of behavior that contradicts feminism having a legitimate criticism of ffr's song repertoire :( :( :(

sff_writer_dan 08-26-2021 11:10 PM

Which history is that?

Shadow_God_10 08-26-2021 11:32 PM

I'mma need to dip my wings in this thread because we gonna get spicy sooner or later.

Funnygurl555 08-26-2021 11:50 PM

how's it hangin devonin

Shadow_God_10 08-27-2021 12:06 AM

Funnygurl

EDIT: I can't believe that actually worked lmfao. I never use the twg tags outside of the TWG forums, so I just assumed it wouldn't work

Funnygurl555 08-27-2021 12:12 AM

hi i'm lewdy and it takes me 20 minutes to order popcorn chicken

Shadow_God_10 08-27-2021 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4770400)
hi i'm lewdy and it takes me 20 minutes to order popcorn chicken

Hi, this is Pizza Pizza and it takes over an hour to get your popcorn chicken delivered to your house, therefore making it FREE OF CHARGE

gold stinger 08-27-2021 01:28 AM

I think it's perfectly fine if you all want to add an {explicit} tag or w/e to songs that come across as brash, but it is what it is. Music. Can either not play it, or if you're a completionist, just AAA it with the song muted (if it sincerely bothers you that much).

They shouldn't be removed from the engine. Pushing any sort of agenda like that leads to songs in the future getting removed for one reason or another because a few people can't handle slang in their 2 out of 3000 songs available to them.

TheSaxRunner05 08-27-2021 01:44 AM

Some kind of tag or pop-up, then those who wish to stay away can stay away, or decide to mute if they are farming stats or rank

mi40 08-27-2021 01:51 AM

who listens to WAP here

gold stinger 08-27-2021 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mi40 (Post 4770404)
who listens to WAP here

Shadow_God_10 08-27-2021 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mi40 (Post 4770404)
who listens to WAP here

Oh nooooo, not a song about wet pussy! That could offend a fucking snowflake who thinks Cardi B is the greatest lyrical talent in the music industry!

Seoulslayer 08-27-2021 09:13 AM

The Futuristic Sex Robots songs were some of the worst songs I have played in the game and were definitely muted after I failed the AAA the first time around, so I would love to never see them again. Jokes aside, I don't see how a content filter like the Legacy filter would be very controversial here. Just like with Legacy files, these explicit songs all tend to be lower difficulties, and they don't really represent the rest of the game very well. Just as I could see a new player playing a Legacy file and saying "wow this game sucks", I could see them playing something like FSR and thinking "These songs are disgusting and awful." Aside from new players, I also would have appreciated it if I was somewhat prepared for what I was about to listen to the first time I played those FSR files. This isn't really the first time we have done something like this either, just a year ago or so we censored the song "Gonna R*pe Kylie." Similar to this, I would also like to be able to filter out songs that include harsh tones that physically hurt to listen to, like the one in the end of "Louder!!!" It would just be nice to play new songs or old songs without needing to get shocked by the content of the song, since most songs don't include harsh tones or uncomfortable lyrics.

XelNya 08-27-2021 09:36 AM

I’mma best real here, a filter here does nothing that muting can’t and if a tag is added you have no excuse to be bothered after

So i’m against making them like legacy files