Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115498)

duddychuck@yahoo.com 11-21-2010 02:14 PM

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

Well what they could do is have an intermission half way through, or after where part 1 would end

radxmad 11-21-2010 04:05 PM

Best one so far I suppose
But I still feel like although they got about 95% of the events in the book correct they're still missing the air of the book
It's not all dark and dreary and Harry breathing heavily in the book... there are actual funny bits which they just don't include in the movies.

RobertsonaIsBack 11-21-2010 04:43 PM

loved the movie. this sounds lame but i love the utilization of a sort of opaque palette; i always thought this series was unusually well-shot and it's getting even better. was a little slow i guess but i still thought it was awesome.

coffee shop scene was the best

Himeko Makimachi 11-21-2010 06:28 PM

Great representation of the book. I actually started crying [spoiler:]when Dobby died, and I looked around and I'm pretty sure nobody else was crying, definitely not anybody from my group of friends. So, that was kinda embarrassing. But they made it so sad...

Quigly 11-21-2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertsonaIsBack (Post 3347510)
loved the movie. this sounds lame but i love the utilization of a sort of opaque palette; i always thought this series was unusually well-shot and it's getting even better. was a little slow i guess but i still thought it was awesome.

coffee shop scene was the best

Yeah I noticed this too, especially with all the scenery shots.

I saw it at the midnight release, and I thought it was absolutely spectacular. Not only because that it was an actually good production, but that this series has been a big part of my life.

I grew up reading all those books. Even when I was too young to really understand them, my family would read them together. It's always been a big part of myself and my family. We read all the books, saw all the movies. We even went to all the books openings at Borders. Some of my best childhood memories are associated with that book, and watching this movie made me relive all of those memories.

krunkykai22 11-21-2010 06:33 PM

Awein I never knew you were a "Die Hard" harry potter fan :) I LOVE harry potter lol

I haven't seen it yet though I've read the books. But I hear its great and can't wait to go see it :)

Brycexx 11-21-2010 06:35 PM

my favorite out of the bunch so far wish I didn't have to wait so long till the next one

duddychuck@yahoo.com 11-21-2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the life of a noob (Post 3347621)
when dobby died

I was waiting for this to happen lmfao. Good thing I already saw it or I might has to be mad :D

samurai7694 11-21-2010 07:46 PM

good movie, I really enjoyed it, even though the drama to action ratio was "lol", I still loved it. I'm sure part 2 will be a lot better though.

Sullyman2007 11-21-2010 08:03 PM

i was very pleased. except for going to see it in IMAX lmao what a rip off. $15 for them to make it a bit louder was totally not worth $15 but the movie was still pretty awesome.

Wineandbread 11-21-2010 08:06 PM

I'm sure that a very great percent of the people watching the movie have already read the books so spoilers shouldn't be that surprising or anything (unless you haven't read them in a while)

I thought that the movie was okay as a standalone but I thought some of the acting definitely could have been better with the trio during their Horcrux escapades (which makes up a lot of the movie so). This is really more of a stepping stone/setting-the-stage kind of movie for part 2 though imo. And I'm overall still kinda pissed that they made the movie into 2 parts. x(

ic0slay3r 11-21-2010 08:22 PM

I like that they divided the movie in 2 parts, that way they don't have to rush or skip mayor details of the book :) the only thing that i don't like about making it 2 parts is the wait between them.

duddychuck@yahoo.com 11-21-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ic0slay3r (Post 3347700)
I like that they divided the movie in 2 parts, that way they don't have to rush or skip mayor details of the book :) the only thing that i don't like about making it 2 parts is the wait between them.

Exactly what I don't like about it.

CMMTeddy 11-21-2010 11:09 PM

The last two movies kind of fell flat for me, so I wasn't really expecting much of this one either. But wow. I loved it, great production and they did well at capturing the book, maybe a few slips but all-in-all it was wonderful. I even got a bit teary when Dobby smurfed.

Rubin0 11-21-2010 11:11 PM

One thing that bugged me was the lack of chemistry between Ron and Hermione, and the overload of sexual tension between Harry and Hermione. Anyone else?

welsh_girl 11-22-2010 11:25 AM

I hate Harry Potter.

No doubt I'll be dragged along to this soon and more than likely will fall asleep through it, again.

HoneyMelonCalibrator 11-22-2010 11:31 AM

One day I'm going to devote an ENTIRE day to Harry Potter movie's and just watch all of them from the very beginning all the way to the end.

rushyrulz 11-22-2010 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartdude1212 (Post 3347402)
That's a question for my bladder.

God help the person with a full bladder in the scene where the snake jumps out from the floor..

I nearly shat.

I LOVED the locket opening scene. Harry and Hermione looked like Xerxes luls

MrRubix 11-22-2010 11:33 AM

I am not convinced that they needed two movies to tell this story effectively. Seems more like a money-squeeze effort.

It's the same sort of logic they used for making the final episode of LOST extra-long. "We wanted to make sure nothing was rushed and that we told the final part of the story properly, blahblahblah." If this were true, then omfg, why so much filler? I admit, I loved the movie on the whole, but holy ****, was that ever slow. I was dead-bored halfway in.

Now I have to wait for nearly another year to see the final half. Arghhh.

awein999 11-22-2010 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welsh_girl (Post 3348161)
I hate Harry Potter.

No doubt I'll be dragged along to this soon and more than likely will fall asleep through it, again.

Falling asleep watching harry potter is like falling asleep during sex...oh wait :lol: