Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

Reshiram 05-13-2012 07:28 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Submission Closed)

Accepted:

Aerospace 7.75 (Bufang approved so it better have :P)
Gravity Blast 8.00 (Actually I agree with the sentiments of varying colors, and will be working to do so before this goes gameward.)

Rejected:
Steel Monster 6.25 (Really? I didn't change it much from the lauded DF version, ah well, broader audience wot, etc)

rayword45 05-13-2012 08:01 PM

Commenting on F~S, might not comment on Dreamerz since I know that file was pure shit.

wc's review (6/10): your file is off by a whoile 12th note how does that even happen!? I suck at syncing, so I need to fix that.

wait xandertrax is that...is that you? no way xander i thought you had quit stepmania its so glad to see you back bro! looks like you're still making those terriibly awkward files though XD you never change man you.never.change.at.ALL. lolwut?

32nd rolls arre awkward as hell especially how you come out of them with those jumps. Meant to be jumptrilled. Do people actually roll at Master Maid speeds?

that ending is also offsync fix that lolyes

Samurai's review (3/10): FUTURE~SHOCK (rayword45) - 3/10 [?]

- I'd recommend starting the notes at 3.772s Disagreed, but that's a personal thing. I intended for a build-up to the speed-up for color and whatnot.
- missing 8th notes to the hi hat in parts like at 36.695s and 39.157s To be fixed/
- 53.003s the 32nd note rhythm ends at 53.926s I need to go over this one. I'm not too sure. Overall, I can't see this being a 3/10.

Don't feel like going over MN's review since it's basically the same as the one I got in PM minus a few changes.

GNR's review was mainly positive, so I can't comment much.

ichliebekase's review (5/10)

- Offset is late. Already went over this with others, like I said, will fix.
- Missed 16ths around 32.39. I don't hear this for some reason...
- Missed 8th at 36.85, 41.78. Went over this as well. To be fixed.
- Disgusting transitions in the 32nds at 53.01, this is a mess. This was meant to be cheated as jumptrills. It's only for the look.
- Missed 32nds at 58.55. I don't know WHY I missed this. To be fixed yet again.
- Why the slowdown? The speedup isn't bad, but the slowdown is unnecessary. Speed-ups were used for sections with VERY sparse/bare instrumentation. Slowdown was used for section more intense then speed-ups but less then most of the song (see Colorful Course for a similar slowdown thing)
- 81.01 is not 48ths.
- Ending isn't synced. ololol
- A lot of stuff is missing, the 32nds are almost always nasty to hit and the sync really needs to be fixed. Sync to be fixed. 32nds are seriously not intended to be treated as actual rolls.

Niala's review doesn't go over much different. States the same problems.

hi19hi19 05-13-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayword45 (Post 3692213)
Meant to be jumptrilled. Do people actually roll at Master Maid speeds?

Anything slower than 225 BPM 32nd rolls could have 2 framers, which means they can't be "safely" jumptrilled.
If you AAA Master Maid using jumptrilling you got lucky- not saying there's anything wrong with that, just that it's not particularly reliable (Master Maid is 195 BPM, and there's lots of 2-frame gaps in those long rolls). There are definitely players out there who can roll that speed properly and PA them a LOT more reliably as a result.
In general, between 200 and 225 bpm is very difficult to make roll/burst files for FFR. You get 2 frame gaps in your rolls making them unreliable to jumptrill, but it's a high requirement to be able to do long rolls that fast legit.

... Which explains why like half the FGOs in FFR are rolly stuff between 200 and 225 bpm. Go figure.

ichliebekase 05-13-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayword45 (Post 3692213)
- Missed 16ths around 32.39. I don't hear this for some reason...

It's not at that exact spot, there's a couple missing 16ths starting at 32.39. I'd have to look over it again to tell you which ones exactly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3692243)
If you AAA Master Maid using jumptrilling you got lucky- not saying there's anything wrong with that, just that it's not particularly reliable

Hahahaha you should see krunkykai's Master Maid AAA frame comparison. You'll laugh at the consistent jumptrilling. Complete shit luck. Only about 2 or 3 of the rolls total have one or two notes that weren't jumptrilled.

hi19hi19 05-13-2012 08:38 PM

Here's an image showing the first long roll in Master Maid (at 2x note spacing):

megamon88 05-13-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichliebekase (Post 3692249)
Hahahaha you should see krunkykai's Master Maid AAA frame comparison. You'll laugh at the consistent jumptrilling. Complete shit luck. Only about 2 or 3 of the rolls total have one or two notes that weren't jumptrilled.

Sounds like my AAA (I actually reversed a couple patterns lmao)

jimerax 05-13-2012 09:16 PM

we'll post the list of accepted files after the final discussion.

about 56% of submissions were accepted, so far.

dragonmegaXX 05-13-2012 09:19 PM

When will that be? o.o
I have no idea what final discussion is going on

jimerax 05-13-2012 09:21 PM

won't take that long, several hours or 1 day at most.

kommisar 05-14-2012 12:21 PM

intersect thunderbolt: 8 8 8 8 7(h8er) 9 [8.0]
nix-tek: 8 9 8 8 8 9 [8.3]
spaceman: 8 8 8 9 9 8 [8.3]

I didn't do too bad. Guess I can retire now.

Sending for next batch in 4 months:

virt - Mecha-Kukai Travels To Chang'An
Kommisar - Magda
DJ Sharpnel - Puriny Squad (probably gonna cut this bastard)
Onoken - p8107 full
YMCK - Starlight

Reshiram 05-14-2012 12:50 PM

The real Puriny Squad? Or is this gonna be a trick like CKMP4? :X

iironiic 05-14-2012 01:04 PM

3/4 files got accepted :)

I plan on fixing my syncing and steps for All Of Me and steps for Shadows. About Crystallize, I'm still thinking about it, but I might ask whoever is in charge, to remove it from the Queue list.

For Solros Vocal, I'll try and restep the entire file since it's a mess haha. I plan on resubmitting this for the next batch. I also plan on sending Colors In the Wind which is nearly done (:

dragonmegaXX 05-14-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iironiic (Post 3692708)
3/4 files got accepted :)

How do you find out :s

ichliebekase 05-14-2012 01:55 PM

Sooper sekrit forumz :3

dragon, iirc your file got straight 8's or something similar. Yours was accepted xD

dragonmegaXX 05-14-2012 02:00 PM

ghfmnfmfxm

first try success :'3

happy rainbows

Xx{Midnight}xX 05-14-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iironiic (Post 3692708)
For Solros Vocal, I'll try and restep the entire file since it's a mess haha. I plan on resubmitting this for the next batch. I also plan on sending Colors In the Wind which is nearly done (:

Stop that and delete it. I'm sure you're capable of making a good chart for it, but we have one in the game everyone else already likes, we don't need the vocal version. Just stop bothering with it. Really.

Choofers 05-14-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX (Post 3692753)
I'm sure you're capable of making a good chart for it, but we have one in the game everyone else already likes

Woah, Madnight calling a chart good? da fuc is going on here

Damn it kjw, giving my file a 6 !! >:[

Xx{Midnight}xX 05-14-2012 03:43 PM

Choofers, I said everyone else, not myself included, reread that carefully XD

lol

00Razor00 05-14-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX (Post 3692731)
ghfmnfmfxm

first try success :'3

happy rainbows

Just don't be like megamon and we're cool.

kommisar 05-14-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choofers (Post 3692759)
Woah, Madnight calling a chart good? da fuc is going on here

Damn it kjw, giving my file a 6 !! >:[

you've come a long way since comfort betrays, perhaps you're getting too old for this shit mike