Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CXXXVIII - The Thing with the Stuff that Happened - GAME THREAD (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=142455)

storn42 07-29-2015 01:22 PM

Re: TWG CXXXVIII - The Thing with the Stuff that Happened - GAME THREAD

im here, but if you want me to get a picture of my monitor to show you how fucked up it is now. i've also had nothing to say and i've been distracted by food and sdgq

storn42 07-29-2015 01:23 PM

dbp, i've always self voted. it just happens to be that most of my recent games have been woof, but look at the last jTWG, or the annon game. i also self voted and i was a PR and VT. self voting has nothing to do with me being a wolf, its just me being me.

DaBackpack 07-29-2015 01:23 PM

I'll have to reread two other games just to make sure, since this is just off memory

The two reference games I'm thinking of are Roundbox's mystery game (where he was a wolf and I pinged him out as one)

and The Sonic Fancharacter game (where he was the doctor and accidentally outed himself)

DaBackpack 07-29-2015 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4343918)
im here, but if you want me to get a picture of my monitor to show you how fucked up it is now. i've also had nothing to say and i've been distracted by food and sdgq

unrelated to the game, how does one lose half a monitor? o.O

DaBackpack 07-29-2015 01:24 PM

(he was Chris Hedgehog)

AragakiAyase 07-29-2015 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4343918)

nothing to say after all the posts that there are since you last posted something somewhat meaningful? Have your reads on yoshl and I changed at all? How about dbp? And the other players who haven't posted as much?

storn42 07-29-2015 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4343922)
unrelated to the game, how does one lose half a monitor? o.O

accidentally clipped it when walking by, it tipped over and landed on the desk. picked it up and lost a good chunk of my screen.

soramimi 07-29-2015 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4343861)
AA is an easy target? storn is, but given that i do things like tunnel zenith and ass blaster whenever i get the chance, does it really surprise you?

I say easy target because newer players tend to fold under pressure since they don't have their footing yet. And true. I think I'd be more afraid if you were suddenly sunshine and rainbows to everyone.

soramimi 07-29-2015 01:39 PM

I'm glad dbp was bringing up stuff about storn. I couldn't figure out why everyone was seeing him as scummy. All the games I've read he tends to just joke around, so I didn't really feel anything was different.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4343911)
most of storn's contributions to the thread have been correcting misconceptions in other players' posts and providing facts

I feel this is a wolf behavior since it gives him a way to contribute seemingly meaningful information without actually using critical thinking (which is difficult for a wolf to do naturally)

I think this is a really good point, and would be a really easy thing to pull off.

storn42 07-29-2015 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4343924)
nothing to say after all the posts that there are since you last posted something somewhat meaningful? Have your reads on yoshl and I changed at all? How about dbp? And the other players who haven't posted as much?

yosh is fairly null right now, but leaning wolf if anything. this resembles a lot like what happened with me in the last jTWG, i had a gut read on zenith and just tunneled in on it. i went for anything i could find in zenith until it was blatantly obvious that there was no way he could be a woof.

I was a VT that game and almost got myself lynched because of it. If i happened to be correct well ok great thats one less woof, but when im wrong (which i was) i'm not willing to switch. Its a behavior that doesn't help town at all and if anything, hurts town.

YoshL 07-29-2015 01:43 PM

trying to compare yourself to me

"It'll be years before you can stand in my way!"
-Ren

YoshL 07-29-2015 01:44 PM

sekai project just released magical girl michiru i'm out guys

DaBackpack 07-29-2015 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4343931)
sekai project just released magical girl michiru i'm out guys

already?????

soramimi 07-29-2015 01:44 PM

Delving back into AA though...

I didn't really see him as scummy during the exchange. Flustered, maybe, but nothing out of the ordinary. Yoshl's point about wanting to appease everyone is possible, but he could be genuine in his thinking. Naive maybe? I don't know.

What I don't like is how hard AA is still trying to defend. I think Yoshl's moved on at this point and more or less dropped it, yet AA is still bringing stuff up. I hate to say it, but AA, the more you are on the defensive, the more it looks like you're trying to clear yourself because you have something to hide. I mean, it's good to want to prove yourself if you're town, but I don't think you need to keep going. It's almost overkill.

soramimi 07-29-2015 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4343760)
Someone is inevitably going to point out I am not following my usual day 1 norms

have fun with that

More gifs, less words.

blindreper1179 07-29-2015 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4343850)
so you're saying that everyone i'm attacking is a wolf?

Well, storn and AA.

soramimi 07-29-2015 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4343881)

I'm reading storn, dbp, sora as town

Lurker as null along with blind

POE would put fg/xel as final wolf

Also, wat? I haven't even done anything yet.

YoshL 07-29-2015 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4343932)
already?????

remember the panel, they said coming in july

so it was like either today, tomorrow, or the day after lol

YoshL 07-29-2015 01:51 PM

unfortunately, i don't think it's enabled on steam yet so while i have the activation codes all in, the game isn't showing up ;w;

AragakiAyase 07-29-2015 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soramimi (Post 4343933)
Delving back into AA though...

I didn't really see him as scummy during the exchange. Flustered, maybe, but nothing out of the ordinary. Yoshl's point about wanting to appease everyone is possible, but he could be genuine in his thinking. Naive maybe? I don't know.

What I don't like is how hard AA is still trying to defend. I think Yoshl's moved on at this point and more or less dropped it, yet AA is still bringing stuff up. I hate to say it, but AA, the more you are on the defensive, the more it looks like you're trying to clear yourself because you have something to hide. I mean, it's good to want to prove yourself if you're town, but I don't think you need to keep going. It's almost overkill.

He dropped it somewhat recently and I didn't go that much farther. Before that he was still pushing and only recently did he say that he was clearing me for the day. I really dislike it when people push onto me with what I feel is a weak argument and forced reads and interpretations

Quote:

Originally Posted by soramimi (Post 4343937)
Also, wat? I haven't even done anything yet.

you made a few posts that seemed towny earlier today, not much but you're less null than some of the other players