Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Other Music Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Rock Band. More Awesome. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=82285)

jellygod 01-24-2008 11:12 AM

Re: RockBand. More Awesome.

no i meant the little gold icon for like the drumset, like on xbox live instead of the regular black and white one they have a gold one.

ddr_f4n 01-24-2008 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellygod (Post 1995784)
no i meant the little gold icon for like the drumset, like on xbox live instead of the regular black and white one they have a gold one.

If you want the gold drumset, you must beat the Drums career in any difficulty to unlock them.

Tokzic 01-24-2008 11:31 AM

I can do any song with a band now, I can beat Won't Get Fooled Again solo, but the one thing I cannot do is SOLO BLOODY RUN TO THE HILLS GRAAH

I've 5G*ed a few drum songs, but it's mostly when my red pad behaves. It's starting to get bad, but I'm going to get my other instruments as close to destroyed as possible then send all of them at the end of the 60 days.

MalReynolds 01-24-2008 11:57 AM

Yeah, I pretty much shattered my yellow and blue pads. There are pieces of plastic sticking out, but they still register very well.

Squeek 01-24-2008 02:11 PM

Shoddy manufacturing what

Bass pedal breaks, the strum breaks, the pads break.

Remind me again why I should buy a $400 console just for this game, toxy?

MalReynolds 01-24-2008 02:16 PM

Oh, no. I'm playing those things way, WAY too hard. Like, I'll show boat and slam them to the degree that real drum heads would break. And I've never had a problem with my bass pedal.

Squeek 01-24-2008 02:33 PM

Trust me, you aren't the only report I've heard of broken instruments.

MalReynolds 01-24-2008 02:37 PM

Oh, I know. But I was just saying, I'm abusing my kit which is probably why it broke... Fast(er).

ddr_f4n 01-24-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalReynolds (Post 1995959)
Oh, I know. But I was just saying, I'm abusing my kit which is probably why it broke... Fast(er).

Abuse = No fix for you (What EA said at their website).

MalReynolds 01-24-2008 03:34 PM

I'm not poor. I can buy a new one when mine completely breaks down.

Squeek 01-24-2008 05:34 PM

Waste of money.

Also, they released the price of the guitar and drums. The drums are $80. The guitar is $60.

That's just ridiculous. What the hell is wrong with them? I wouldn't pay a penny over $30 for a fake plastic drum set that falls apart in a month.

I was thinking about getting the Wii game + Drum if it were under $90 but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Wii Music here I come.

jellygod 01-24-2008 05:50 PM

wow thats ridiculous, no but i seriously think my mic is broken, i even adjusted it and whatever and it still does random gay pitch jumps and it messes me up sometimes. it only happens sometimes. and i got my 3rd 100% today on expert singing. so now ive fced Don't fear the reaper, dirty little secret, and move along :P.

PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR 01-24-2008 05:58 PM

I just started expert on drums. I'm a little past 1/2 complete on the solo tour. What songs should I practice to get better at Dead on Arrival because I just can't do that one yet. Also, is a 5* on Green Grass and High Tides decent?

ddr_f4n 01-24-2008 06:06 PM

A little stuck on Detroit Rock City, but not as hard as Dead on Arrival (hate those off-beat bass pedals). I will get through it though.

Also, I played Run to the Hills on Expert Drums. It seems easy, but I just need my foot to stay on beat, as well as my quick hands. After that, I can pass it.

Farthest is 43% of the song.

Tokzic 01-24-2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek
Remind me again why I should buy a $400 console just for this game, toxy?

because it's fun

I was whittling away at 5*ing everything that isn't Run to the Hills when I realized why my red pad isn't registering perfectly.

It is split. Down the middle. What the hell. I play extremely softly.

I'll try to tolerate it until it gets ridiculous, but I am saddened that I've broken a pad in just under three weeks. I also hope they replace it... because I've been babying my controllers. The fact that one broke so quick is kind of depressing.

jellygod 01-24-2008 07:29 PM

sometime us rockbanders that have xbox live should get together and form an epic band and tear it up.

Squeek 01-24-2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokzic (Post 1996201)
because it's fun

So are my 17 Wii games, which don't cost $170 on a $400 console.

dore 01-24-2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellygod (Post 1995721)
does anybody know how to get the icons? like the gold one?

I believe it's for completing endless setlist, bronze for easy, silver for medium, gold for hard, and platinum for expert. IIRC

jellygod 01-24-2008 09:46 PM

This may sound dumb but where do i go to play this "endless setlist" i only really play solo or multiplayer. My brother is the one who played through on drums to get the songs. Thanks!

dore 01-24-2008 09:49 PM

I think it's in Band World Tour. I haven't unlocked it yet either.