Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=146107)

Hakulyte 12-2-2016 10:44 PM

Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

See post #269.

AragakiAyase 12-2-2016 10:45 PM

269 doesn't tell me shit as to why you think they're scum

danceflashrevo 12-2-2016 10:48 PM

so because you said they read you null and wolf they're both scummy?

or do you mean something else

AragakiAyase 12-2-2016 10:48 PM

dfr give me a read on choof and danceguy

MixMasterLar 12-2-2016 10:49 PM

What's funny is that I didn't even call him wolf

Although he's defiantly making me out to be a fool for that viewpoint.

Hakulyte 12-2-2016 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danceguy
That isn't exactly what I meant. Rather than applying a general archetype to players in order to try to determine alignments, I am also trying to consider what I know about the person who makes each post and each play. You are not the only one where a situation like this one would come up; there have also been posts made by choof so far this game, for example, where I feel I must take into consideration his normal posting style and his natural tendency to, at times, react strongly over relatively minor events.

In this case, your entrance was clearly the product of a significant amount of time thinking, composing, and proofreading (in addition to making a few seemingly serious reads despite such little content prior to the post); for many players, that would be unusual - and thus, potentially suspicious - behavior. However, knowing both the type of player you are and even the way you post and communicate outside of The Werewolf Game, I would consider it to be fairly routine.

I cannot read this without seeing Danceguy being overwhelmingly self-conscious about how he's posting.

=====

MML is most likely me overreacting to shit tbh. I've reread the thread and I'm starting to think I'm wrong.

T-Force 12-2-2016 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4498269)
Hakulyte

This is some next level play right he-
No wait, that's just a storn move.

Come back with something original.

AragakiAyase 12-2-2016 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 4498251)
Contentful Post #1

Gee, early game sure has changed from what it was like back in my day. RVS was so common that it was practically a requirement. Part of the shift might be that the first day phase was pretty much never longer than the rest of them, as is common now (and is a good standard, in my opinion).

With a little over 48 hours remaining in the phase, I would like to start seeing more players be pressured. I think we have reached the point where pressuring someone isn't all that random; however, the first player to be significantly pressured probably shouldn't be lynched this phase - at least, not on the first go. The lead wagon can come back around to them before EoD if it's actually warranted.

Could anyone tell me how many games this gentleman has played historically, both on FFR as well as on other sites? That could help me to properly adjust my expectations, which would likely lead to a better-developed read early on.

That isn't exactly what I meant. Rather than applying a general archetype to players in order to try to determine alignments, I am also trying to consider what I know about the person who makes each post and each play. You are not the only one where a situation like this one would come up; there have also been posts made by choof so far this game, for example, where I feel I must take into consideration his normal posting style and his natural tendency to, at times, react strongly over relatively minor events.

In this case, your entrance was clearly the product of a significant amount of time thinking, composing, and proofreading (in addition to making a few seemingly serious reads despite such little content prior to the post); for many players, that would be unusual - and thus, potentially suspicious - behavior. However, knowing both the type of player you are and even the way you post and communicate outside of The Werewolf Game, I would consider it to be fairly routine.

Could you elaborate on this? Just how committed are you to holding fast to it? Would you go so far as to lynch a lone inactive in the first day phase if that player has no resulting change in activity? Would you agree that establishing this type of meta can make for a very convenient out in the first day phase or two, if and when you roll wolf?

Could you elaborate on this? I think I've got a body read on you, but I could use some more info before reaching a definitive judgment.

also this post has a lot of Is in it

and I don't like the tone

AragakiAyase 12-2-2016 10:56 PM

although I like that he wants to pressure people

let's see if he does

danceflashrevo 12-2-2016 10:56 PM

i agree on your assessment of choof, i'm going to iso dguy rn

dadcop2 12-2-2016 11:07 PM

dont like danceguy rn

choof is a-ok

MixMasterLar 12-2-2016 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4498298)
i agree on your assessment of choof, i'm going to iso dguy rn

The hell is there to ISO right now? All he has done that's anything special is that one big post and some shitvotes.

You're eagerness to hunt scum is great, coming from you this strong is, shall we say noted?

danceflashrevo 12-2-2016 11:11 PM

I don't like how he complained about people not pressuring people yet, and then only pressures someone for the first time right after he raises that point, but was definitely in the thread for a long time. I'm also kind of surprised by his decision to "pressure" MML with his vote, idk why but I would imagine him doing someone else if he wanted it to be more meaningful, I feel like MML would definitely prove himself later on the phase and doesn't need any motivation to show his dedication. His assessment on haku seems very awkward because I'm reading it in a d0 kind of way where it's like he's overthinking shitposting. That's just what I get from it personally but I think I'm interpreting it wrong.

I've never looked into someone so early in the game but I kinda said a lot of stuff so that warrants some suspicion this early.

MixMasterLar 12-2-2016 11:11 PM

[quote=dadcop2;4498301]dont like danceguy rn [quote]
Explain in better detail please
Quote:

Originally Posted by dadcop2 (Post 4498301)
choof is a-ok

MixMasterLar 12-2-2016 11:12 PM

I suck at tags today and it's making me want to slam my head against a container of goat cheese

dadcop2 12-2-2016 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4498302)
The hell is there to ISO right now? All he has done that's anything special is that one big post and some shitvotes.

You're eagerness to hunt scum is great, coming from you this strong is, shall we say noted?

ya i agree i mean his tone is off putting but its nothing worth raving over

dadcop2 12-2-2016 11:15 PM

[quote=MixMasterLar;4498305][quote=dadcop2;4498301]dont like danceguy rn
Quote:

choof's strat seems a bit like mine tbh. shitposts and §microaggressions§

MixMasterLar 12-2-2016 11:15 PM

I'll give dAnce the benefit of the doubt and point out that he has never played with me so he probably doesn't get your point about how I am not the best pressure target, DFR

Actually it was a good play on him since I had already poked that bear

That said he should have continued, or noted who was still under 10 posts (At that time I think it was 4 other players---5 if you want to argue Charu's isn't meaningful enough to count) and stopping at one guys is lol worthy.

dadcop2 12-2-2016 11:15 PM

damn ur tag fail fucked up my tags too thx idiot

MixMasterLar 12-2-2016 11:16 PM

dadcop:
Fair enough on Choof but what about dAnce?