Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Stepmania (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   The Etterna Project (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145215)

hi19hi19 01-29-2017 04:34 PM

Re: The Etterna Project

Is there still the ability to have two players split screen like in normal Stepmania or OpenITG?
I'm not quite sure how to activate that mode in Etterna, if it is still possible.

MinaciousGrace 01-29-2017 05:40 PM

short answer is no

long answer is it's not supported in the theme but you can use the build and a different theme and it will work

CaptainAhab 02-1-2017 02:07 PM

I downloaded the latest version of the installer, but when I double-click it in my Downloads folder, nothing happens. I've tried running it as an administrator, but no dice. Any suggestions? I'm on Windows 10.

Celirra 02-1-2017 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainAhab (Post 4515612)
I downloaded the latest version of the installer, but when I double-click it in my Downloads folder, nothing happens. I've tried running it as an administrator, but no dice. Any suggestions? I'm on Windows 10.

It might be an issue with your firewall/antivirus settings, in which case you may need to make an exception for Etterna. Alternatively, check in system processes and make sure it attempts to run when double clicking it.

CaptainAhab 02-1-2017 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4515620)
It might be an issue with your firewall/antivirus settings, in which case you may need to make an exception for Etterna. Alternatively, check in system processes and make sure it attempts to run when double clicking it.

No process starts, and I even added it into my allowed Firewall apps -- nada. Very odd. Thanks anyway.

Casey2069 02-1-2017 06:52 PM

Will a feature similar to this ever be added?

Dinglesberry 02-1-2017 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainAhab (Post 4515632)
No process starts, and I even added it into my allowed Firewall apps -- nada. Very odd. Thanks anyway.

asedfasdkjfhaskjhd casptainahabbb

EDIT: where u beeeeeen broo

Sidek 02-1-2017 07:33 PM

why not set a restart function during the song i mean its really annoying to press esc and press enter to only restart the every song..

Casey2069 02-1-2017 08:46 PM

` Restarts a song

But you have to have the newest release

CaptainAhab 02-2-2017 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4515854)
asedfasdkjfhaskjhd casptainahabbb

EDIT: where u beeeeeen broo

Tried everything I could possibly think of to get this version of SM running, and after no success, went back to osu lmao. I'll give this a shot again soon.

Nick012 02-3-2017 11:23 AM

Did you try running the installer in compatibility mode?
Or redownloading the installer.

CaptainAhab 02-3-2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick012 (Post 4516443)
Did you try running the installer in compatibility mode?
Or redownloading the installer.

I ran it in compatibility mode with Windows 8, and I've tried redownloading the installer numerous times. Nothing has worked, unfortunately. I'm baffled.

EDIT: IT WORKS! There was a tiny box that I have never seen before about "unblocking" this application; since it "came from another computer," Windows 10 was prohibiting it from running.

meno_rocks123 02-4-2017 12:32 AM

Loving the updates. It actually feels like stepmania is getting meaningful updates now.

Can we get an option to rebind song restart from `? I play qwp[ and hit it frequently.

MinaciousGrace 02-4-2017 01:27 AM

the restart key is defined in lua (wifejudgmentspotting iirc but I don't have the files on hand to reference) so you can set it to whatever you want

im not sure about making the rebindability more obvious however we were looking into adding new binds to the base game buttons anyway so maybe it can be done then

@casey if you mean subgroups within a group that's certainly possible, but all the music wheel stuff is kind of a colossal mess and dealing with it as little as possible is preferable

i can look into it quickly when things settle down here, there might be a simple (albeit hacky) solution that allows it, but there also might not be

also im ssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper busy here and when/if i manage to find the time to do some things it'll be top priority things like rewriting jack detection logic etc, so if there is no clear/simple solution it'll have to wait until march

James May 02-4-2017 12:21 PM

So I discovered a bug Mina...apparently when comparing the scores to the other judges, hen you revert to where you had your judge, the percentage isn't the same as the results that you got. Might probably be a minor technical glitch in the coding.

After comparing to the other judges

brainslainlikin 02-8-2017 05:57 AM

I don't know if this is serious enough to be posted, but whatever, I will post it...

there are two scores in my profile for the same song.

I think lower score was achieved when I was using previous version of etterna(maybe 0.53 or something?), and upper score was definitely achieved with the 0.54 version. I think that difference is causing this problem...

MinaciousGrace 02-8-2017 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James May (Post 4516878)
So I discovered a bug Mina...apparently when comparing the scores to the other judges, hen you revert to where you had your judge, the percentage isn't the same as the results that you got. Might probably be a minor technical glitch in the coding.

After comparing to the other judges

prolly forgot to account for mine hits in the rescore function

@brainslainlikin it prolly has to do with one score being stored in the songID additionalsongs/whatever/ikill and the other being stored in songs/whatever/ikill and since the iterator runs through songIDs and not chartkeys only the top score per rate per songid is captured not top score per rate per chartkey

the whole sytem is still underconstruction and in a weird state of limbo where half the shit iterates off songid and the other half iterates off chartkey and it'll get fixed as that system approaches not-terrible status

contrapatior 02-8-2017 07:40 PM

what would be the easiest way to make the orb skin 6k compatible, t.hanks in advance babe :*

brainslainlikin 02-9-2017 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brainslainlikin (Post 4518575)
I don't know if this is serious enough to be posted, but whatever, I will post it...

there are two scores in my profile for the same song.

I think lower score was achieved when I was using previous version of etterna(maybe 0.53 or something?), and upper score was definitely achieved with the 0.54 version. I think that difference is causing this problem...

uuh my bad
I realized that one is from yolomania 2 and the other one is from hi19hi19 pack 5....

MinaciousGrace 02-9-2017 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by contrapatior (Post 4518746)
what would be the easiest way to make the orb skin 6k compatible, t.hanks in advance babe :*

jousway

@brainslainlikin good because after i thought about it i realized the issue i was referring to only exists in 0.54.1 and shouldn't be present in 0.54 (which would mean a bug that I didn't know about)