Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Diablo 3 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=123875)

i will pwn u 06-12-2012 10:28 AM

Re: Diablo 3

I LOL at the forums on battlenet .. so many people bitch all the time.. its all i ever see there.. its a bunch of complainers.. I mean most games are like this people complain about what they dont like and still play them.. kinda glad im not really a big part of that community.. Im only almost done with nightmare difficulty but I still enjoy the game..

Izzy 06-12-2012 10:55 AM

This is my biggest problem with this game. Despite inferno being a retarded pile of shit, it wouldn't really be so bad if the game let me be good, but it doesn't. You are forced to get hit by things.

Fighting belial on inferno with this crapfest of a game mechanic was nearly impossible when I died to one hit on that tiny platform. But hey, after 100 tries I managed to finish the boss without getting hit so it must be fair because its doable and just "hard".

Reach 06-12-2012 11:33 AM

What, a rollback? Seriously? I've been playing a lot recently D: That will pretty much wipe my newest character I've gotten halfway through nightmare and my girlfriend's entire file.

I just got to inferno too.

Which is retarded by the way. I'm working my way through act I pretty smoothly but 1. I die all the time, usually instantly and randomly to something I can't see, and 2. Some of the elite packs seem completely impossible solo as a DH (How can I possibly kill something with a zillion HP that has a shield and teleport and insta gibs me? seriously blizzard? lmao)

hi19hi19 06-12-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3707628)

This is my biggest problem with this game. Despite inferno being a retarded pile of shit, it wouldn't really be so bad if the game let me be good, but it doesn't. You are forced to get hit by things.

Fighting belial on inferno with this crapfest of a game mechanic was nearly impossible when I died to one hit on that tiny platform. But hey, after 100 tries I managed to finish the boss without getting hit so it must be fair because its doable and just "hard".

Clearly this is intentional and the designers wanted ranged to need over 9000 resists in Inferno as well as melee.
Or you know it could be shitty programming, just like the auction house.

On one hand I do have faith in Blizzard to salvage a decent game out of this trainwreck. They are traditionally pretty good about patching things (eventually)
On the other hand, for a Blizzard game, this is a ****ing awful showing for the biggest game release in history. The amount of amateur mistakes in the coding and game design in general is pretty staggering.
My highest level of coding experience is like, AP Computer Science, so it's pretty bad when I read some of the bugs and say "wow they taught us not to do that in like the third month of my highschool class"

Senip 06-12-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reach (Post 3707633)
What, a rollback? Seriously? I've been playing a lot recently D: That will pretty much wipe my newest character I've gotten halfway through nightmare and my girlfriend's entire file.

I just got to inferno too.

Which is retarded by the way. I'm working my way through act I pretty smoothly but 1. I die all the time, usually instantly and randomly to something I can't see, and 2. Some of the elite packs seem completely impossible solo as a DH (How can I possibly kill something with a zillion HP that has a shield and teleport and insta gibs me? seriously blizzard? lmao)

I've been holing up in Act 1 farming things because act 2 is ridiculous. I get gibbed by normal mobs, not just elites.

TK_unreal 06-12-2012 12:22 PM

Anyone just starting inferno wanna party up?

MrGiggles 06-12-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3707628)
CW3VZs3gx2A

Interesting mechanic. I think Dota 2 operates in a similar manner for many attacks. Once you are in range and the attack animation begins, the hit is usually guaranteed regardless of range when the animation finishes. I've experimented with this a little while ****ing around. It doesn't seem to be as consistent in D3 as in Dota; sometimes I will get hit, sometimes it's like I've passed a max range where the attack misses. Note that when the dude is hanging out with the grotesque, a lot of its animations are so slow that he can get half a screen away before it finishes and doesn't get hit. It seems like intentional design.

Let me know if you dig up an explanation or anything concrete since I find this shit cool

hi19hi19 06-13-2012 03:56 AM

So act 3 tower farming is not that dull compared to other options, and it's incredibly effective. My entire stash is full of things to AH now \o/

For some reason it's not letting me access the RMAH (yes I have an authenticator blah blah... Blizz ****ed up something else) but has anyone cashed out yet? I've had some friends that have made over $200 already. According to one, "dude do you know how much weed i could buy with the money i got for that offhand?"

bluguerrilla 06-13-2012 07:12 AM

YOU'RE WELCOME. :)

There's something hilarious about getting people to pay real money for good drops.

See if I can take advantage of this economy before it settles...

I'm not just starting inferno but I like partying up with anyone. My e-mail is my ffr name at gmail. SO YOU SHOULD ALL FRIEND ME.

Izzy 06-13-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGiggles (Post 3707757)
Interesting mechanic. I think Dota 2 operates in a similar manner for many attacks. Once you are in range and the attack animation begins, the hit is usually guaranteed regardless of range when the animation finishes. I've experimented with this a little while ****ing around. It doesn't seem to be as consistent in D3 as in Dota; sometimes I will get hit, sometimes it's like I've passed a max range where the attack misses. Note that when the dude is hanging out with the grotesque, a lot of its animations are so slow that he can get half a screen away before it finishes and doesn't get hit. It seems like intentional design.

Let me know if you dig up an explanation or anything concrete since I find this shit cool

It is intentional. I read the creators comments about it somewhere, but I can't seem to find it now. However just because it is intentional doesn't mean it was a terrible design decision.

Jousway 06-13-2012 09:46 AM

meanwhile on ebay
http://www.ebay.de/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....m=251081594866
Diablo 3 Item 1h sword handed Sword 1253 DPS base IAS - 1k gold 1000k
Successful bid: EUR 705.00

Senip 06-13-2012 10:30 AM

I sold that off hand for 100 dollars.

MrGiggles 06-13-2012 04:59 PM

goddamn the hardcore auction house has pretty much no good gear for level 40+

I think I might actually have to start levelling HAAAEEEDRIG

darklordsarumon9 06-13-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senip (Post 3708121)
I sold that off hand for 100 dollars.

Prove it.
If you did, Im buying my own D3 account TONIGHT and farming til my eyes bleed.

Izzy 06-13-2012 05:56 PM

I'm rich!

omega_grunt666 06-13-2012 06:19 PM

If only I knew I could of sold the 1200 staff for $70 flat... Oh well, in a Month I'll spend the money buying 19m gold once the commodity RMAH is up, and buy myself a nice super-deflated 1500 staff. Or maybe just cash out, bringing my total Diablo 3 Expenses to -$55.50 (Woot profit)

I'd also like to place a 30,000 credit bet on "No 6+ Hour Rollback within the next two months", because there never was duping on NA servers, and if you think there was you've either been trolled or are trolling.

MinaciousGrace 06-13-2012 06:51 PM

all hail omega grunt greatest diablo 3 player in the history of histories

pleas take all my ffr credits as a great token of respect

Choofers 06-13-2012 07:22 PM

How exactly does RMAH work, do you get to cash out your money or does it just go to your blizzard account.

MinaciousGrace 06-13-2012 07:32 PM

u either send it to a paypal account or to your bnet account

MrGiggles 06-13-2012 10:47 PM

beat NM diablo just now.

My wizard is at 50 but I have no intention of doing hell yet. I'm going to farm to 52 or 53 and make sure I'm geared right the **** out. No more dead wizards, I'm getting this asshole to 60 no matter how badly he wants to die.

http://i.imgur.com/yNubF.jpg

probably going to replace most of those int sockets with vit as well, see if I can't clear 30k HP before Hell A1.