Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Keyboardsmash Phase I: Legacy Submissions Open (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=137729)

ScylaX 07-7-2014 08:44 AM

Re: Dark Chancellor Pack 2 (ITS HAPPENING.GIF) Submissions Open

O-OKAY
WHY HAVEN'T ANYBODY TOLD ME EARLIER
Fine then, thank you for warning me

choof 07-7-2014 01:28 PM

Okay, so maybe we were all being dickheads, but it certainly wasn't one sided. Everyone was at fault here, and for that I apologize.

with that said, there are a few issues I still have with the pack and I think I speak for quite a few people when I say the following

One. Change the pack name to something original. Discussion was somewhat civil before the pack name changed. Discussion from here on out is going to be minimal anyway because of le banhammer droppu !! but regardless. Pack name needs to be changed, for everyone's sake.
Two. Be more open to criticism. I won't even elaborate on this one since it should be pretty obvious.
And three. If you're not going to take yourself seriously, why should you expect others to take you seriously? There are examples of this in the OP, and interspersed throughout the thread. One example that comes to mind is
Quote:

Ctrl+F your shit to find what we hate about it
It may not seem like a big issue, but you have a history of dumping packs out the window.

Make a banner, push for judges to do reviews, rework OP, change pack name. I'd submit something serious, and I'm sure other people would as well.

Izzy 07-7-2014 01:32 PM

I'm still voting for High Impact Sexual Violence 1.

choof 07-7-2014 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4161574)
If you're not going to take yourself seriously, why should you expect others to take you seriously?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 4161578)
I'm still voting for High Impact Sexual Violence 1.

This would be absolutely worse than Dark Chancellor Pack for totally separate reasons. How about a name that's, you know, a bit more mature than rape jokes.

Izzy 07-7-2014 01:38 PM

Alright, Well. I'll try to think of something less dumb later. I never liked DCP2 anyway, but it isn't really up to me.

~Zero~ 07-7-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4161574)
Make a banner

Done

Wayward Vagabond 07-7-2014 02:39 PM

Keysmashing: The Rebirth

Rebirth0 07-11-2014 12:06 AM

At this point it isn't me holding up progress, its every one of the other judges. Sent the email information out two weeks ago and not one of them has downloaded any files

Anyone want to replace some judges?

stargroup100 07-11-2014 03:40 AM

Reviews

Kaerimichi (Rebirth) - Very oldschool. I think the hold lengths could possibly be cut. It's got a good difficulty distribution though. Not quite sure how I feel about this. I don't think it's good enough for the pack but I'll hold that judgment for now. Pending

Battle of BRS (XelNya) - Pretty straightforward and nothing special. Solo section has a few technical mistakes, and generally all of the holds and miniholds need to be adjusted. At the moment they feel strangely thick, and the few times they layer it's hard to separate the intensity of the minihold hits, making the chart feel sort of muddy. Durations of long holds could also be adjusted slightly to match the music better. A few stream and trill patterns are questionably bland. Rejected

Catastophie (XelNya) - Minihold usage is very sporadic, sometimes intensely used and then nowhere to be found later. You don't need to make the entire chord all miniholds. Difficulty distribution feels really strange, as the more exciting parts of the song are easier. In a few sections, generic patterns start appearing when you can't really discern anything interesting in the music and you don't really have a way of addressing that. The part where the piano comes in, the piano part should be the focus, and you muddy it by trying to layer the drums too, and it kind of ruins the section. Rejected

Rydeen (Bursurk Lurk) - Cute. Glad you didn't just follow the 16th ostinato the entire way through. Not sure if it's good enough to be in this pack but otherwise no real reason to reject it. Accepted

Funny Shuffle (bmah) - This is groovy as hell and totally fun. Only have a few minor points to make: Don't let holds get in the way of people reading your chart. A lot of heavy hold usage starts to obscure some of the sections, making them hard to read. The rolls would be much nicer if they weren't constantly pushing to one direction. Make them rattle around a bit, switch it up. Fix that and you're good to go. Pending

Oriens (Gundam-Dude) - Plain, but done pretty well. Nothing too special, but nothing to pick out for a rejection. Accepted

Warhead (blindreper1179) - Overall it's got the right feel, but sometimes there's a lack of distinction of chord size, and the thick chords makes it feel like some parts of the song were cheesed and done in a lazy way. A detailed look into this chart might salvage it, but for now it's just not up to par. Rejected

Bodom Beach Terror (Rebirth) - Clean and overall really nice and structured well. However, if I were to pull apart the chart technically top to bottom there are a lot of minor technical mistakes. They don't break the chart but it would be nice to see them cleaned up. Accepted

Cruise Beast (choof) - There are a couple of nasty patterns in there, and some sections are really spiky in terms of difficulty. I personally don't like the hold section either. It's got a few redeeming qualities but they're completely obscured by a messy overall feel. Should be fine after a good clean-up. Rejected

Like a G666 (choof) - Jesus. Only thing I can really remember from this mess is that the [12]2[12] pattern bugged the crap outta me. Otherwise I suppose it's kinda varied and not too bad. Not sure how I feel about this yet, cause it's odd and not very palatable. Pending

Thorough Pinata Dicking Amateur XXX (choof) - Obnoxious and full of the kinds of rolls and chordstreams I hate. Rejected

rCaliberGX 07-11-2014 03:54 AM

Gundam-Dude's Oriens was accepted and released in Untitled Stepmania Pack

Rebirth0 07-11-2014 03:59 AM

Would sure like to know why the fuck he submitted it here then

NeoMasterPie 07-11-2014 04:39 AM

because he doesn't give a fuck
also if you need a judge i'm free, i fully realize you probably don't know who the fuck i am tho

danny53x 07-11-2014 05:51 AM

I will download this! I trust in submitters, judges, and playerbase.

James May 07-11-2014 07:17 AM

Not sure if I should send Minuit here...I could fix up The Divine Comedy Reverse some more but that'll probably take a while to get everything right...

kommisar 07-11-2014 07:48 AM

yeah i'm a bit slow on my end

workin double overtime

i've played through all the submissions i'm just yet to review them properly. something along the lines of what sg accepted tho

James May 07-11-2014 09:08 AM

Finished stepping The Divine Comedy Reverse, gonna go over the file and probably send it whenever I have the chance.

TC_Halogen 07-11-2014 09:40 AM

dropping in again:

good job getting stuff going, guys. :)

James May 07-11-2014 09:49 AM

sent a file.

Gundam-Dude 07-11-2014 10:58 AM

I may or may not have the time for reviews this weekend. I mean, I did explicitly state in my post about volunteering that I wouldn't be doing this gig often—I'm basically a part-time judge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebirth0 (Post 4163166)
Would sure like to know why the fuck he submitted it here then

I sent it there first and it ended up in conditional queue and I figured I wouldn't have the time to make any edits so it'd end up being rejected which is why I sent it here instead (plus you wanted submissions anyways).

I ended up making a quick and very minor edit and resending it to them before release and it just happened to get in. So if you're all anal retentive about having unreleased files, you can just drop it out of this pack and I'll send other unreleased shit I have lying around.

tl;dr I didn't give a fuck

Izzy 07-11-2014 11:14 AM

Damn, all of these fucks not being given.