Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   The Werewolf Game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=142271)

_Zenith_ 07-7-2015 02:30 PM

Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

Okay so between the vets lies a wolf no doubts

And I really want to pin Squidly for some bizarre not-town aligned posts as another wolf.

_Zenith_ 07-7-2015 02:32 PM

Here is where I am at in the game (just spewing thought process in thread)

I have:
3 confirmed town reads
1 strong wolf lean
2 slight wolf leans
Rest null/myself.

j-rodd123 07-7-2015 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4335528)
Okay so between the vets lies a wolf no doubts

And I really want to pin Squidly for some bizarre not-town aligned posts as another wolf.

That's not really a read, there's what, 4/5 Vets this game? Statistically speaking it's likely

_Zenith_ 07-7-2015 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpittingSquirl (Post 4335335)
Also to answer what you're probably thinking if you're town.. yes I would absolutely bus my partner early.

Nobody who rolled town in the right state of mind would ever mention tactics they would use as a wolf (especiailly if that player is trying to use it as a way to put town points on themselves).

Also key to mention Squidly says "you're probably thinking if you're town" and that says two things:

1) Squidly is literally having an entire hypothetical conversation with that player
2) Squidly is lost in the game/doesn't know how to formulate fake data points yet as a wolf which would lead to posting this.

_Zenith_ 07-7-2015 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-rodd123 (Post 4335531)
That's not really a read, there's what, 4/5 Vets this game? Statistically speaking it's likely

Said it because I don't think both wolves are vets, I think we have an inexperienced one on our hands.

_Zenith_ 07-7-2015 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpittingSquirl (Post 4335328)
Must you grab every excuse to post something?

Having a town mindset, posting anything > posting nothing. Several players have afk tactics as wolves.

j-rodd123 07-7-2015 02:41 PM

That could very likely be true, and statistically probably is, but it has 0 relevance to what has gone down in the thread and is just random.org

_Zenith_ 07-7-2015 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpittingSquirl (Post 4335307)
I guess I'll believe you, I doubt as a teammate you would defend him so strongly at this point. That's a pretty lame meta.

Guessing to believe is going to hurt you bad. You need to stand up and view from your perspective instead of pocketing players due to your inability to formulate your own reads without assumptions from others.

_Zenith_ 07-7-2015 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-rodd123 (Post 4335535)
That could very likely be true, and statistically probably is, but it has 0 relevance to what has gone down in the thread and is just random.org

Oh I know.

Literally tossing a dart on the board until I get through every post of the game.

_Zenith_ 07-7-2015 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helphelp11 (Post 4335274)
Squirl(Lucy? Or is that CC?): First game at FFR? Didn't realize he could unvote. Slight town lean.
XelNya: Sure, it's a lot of posts, but only 1 ask a question (#84, and maybe more?). Null for just posts.
AA: Asking questions, getting conversation, which is always good. Town lean.
Shadow: Pointed out some AA meta at post #42. However, it was only three pages in, so AA's post right after would make sense, because it was only the start of the game. Also did a pressure vote on squirl, but I don't think he's unvoted unless he was waiting for a response. Slight town lean.
j-rodd: Whoops, didn't know that the person I was responding to was the person I was "waiting for." Only posted on Page 1, 7, and 8, but that's general game starting posts and rejoined later. Null.
sunfan: At the start, trying to calm Lucy/Mashi down because it was only 2 pages in. Didn't really give a reason at #140 denying MrPop's reads and why his top lynch is Shadow (unless it's the mindmeld thing he mentioned the post after). Town lean.
CC(Mashi, right?): If you are Lucy (because names), that makes sense on why you'd want to vote sunfan, asking you to calm down. Also, at #55, why do you say that sunfan is a wolf? Null?
MrPop: Comes into the game calm, stating that this site likes start of game shitposting to squirl. Not sure about the reads, but I agree with AA trying to start the game out. However, for the read on shadow, I think he's just uncertain. After having a talk with Shad, MrPop votes mashi, in which I assume is because it's his other wolf choice. Town lean.

I think the reason why my reads end up nulls is because only 3/8 people I've seen in other games, and that it's just D1. I don't know the meta of the majority.

This was helps best and most relevant post of the game thus far. Interesting to note, the only other considerance is his post about jrodd.

Help is either in one of three spots from what I can tell:
1) Trying to be UTR to slide by and not be lynched.
2) Got sideswiped by tons of shitposting apparently and lost his touch with getting back into momentum
3) Cannot forumalte solid enough reads on players that he hasn't played with so he is sitting back.

_Zenith_ 07-7-2015 02:51 PM

Formulate*

_Zenith_ 07-7-2015 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 (Post 4335540)
I disagree, lots of people including myself have done it before as town. It's not a great defense (ie I could say "But I always bus as a wolf!" when I'm purposely not bussing as a wolf) but in conjunction with other defenses it's not the worst move in the world.

I guess, but I would never as town try to associate myself with any form of what a wolf does or what I'd do as a wolf.

It seems like counterproductive playing in my eyes, as town should just be making a town-aligned effort with the content provided thus far.

_Zenith_ 07-7-2015 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 (Post 4335542)
Zenith, you're getting into tunnel vision/confirmation bias territory on squirrel.

Sorry not sorry?

I had a lot to say to Squidly when I was just spectating because it seems like they don't know how to act and post like town and it urked me the wrong way.

I expected responses by both help and Squidly from what I've said so far.

_Zenith_ 07-7-2015 03:11 PM

Goin swimming catch you all later

XelNya 07-7-2015 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-rodd123 (Post 4335464)
Me defending you based on a lame meta doesn't give you the excuse to do nothing. At least post some reads or something, not like I'm lock clearing you for shit posting

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 (Post 4335491)
Also now I'm a bit conflicted on my Xel read. The whole basis of him being scummy revolves around him going cold, but if he's legitimately busy with work then him going cold is inconclusive. Still leaning scum there until he steps it up though.

For reference only:

I work 4PM - 1AM PST (6 - 3 Server) on Sunday - Wednesday every weak right now.

I also try to read during my breaks / lunch depending my mood / what my co-workers are doing. (We tend to go eat as a group.)

This is just IRL stuff though and is only being put out for reference. (I don't expect this is/gets memorized by anyone, but you'll come to see my post timings will reflect this as the game goes on.)

Also let it be known me posting this shouldn't be relevant to your reads, stick to actual game content. /for the newer players

Oh hey Zenith's here.

Hi Zenith are you excited?!

Let's do a readu listu

AA: Null. I understand why some people see you as a bit wolfy when in your back and forth with greggles you seem a slight bit desperate. However I do get a vibe that it's just a bit of a lack of expiriance as well as it is after all, only your second game. However, I have made shit choices for being too trusting of things at a glance, so I'm gonna lump you null. I think the fact you're not actually afraid of getting read into hard though is a good thing.

tldr: Not our best lynch today, but I don't strongly oppose it.

Plop: town lean - doing just the general good town stuff.

Greggles: Town lean. Felt a bit off at first but the back and forth with AA feels like my perception of greggles meta, so he can have a town lean.

Help: scummy lean plz help us figure out what you're doin' 'cause your play is not only, not great, but it's not been too constructive either, and that reads post feels a bit more blend than anything.

Zenith / shadow guy: null, but leaning town. With some of Shadow's actions, and your entrance into the game having been so recent, I can't give you green status, but I like what I'm seeing so far, really happy you came in and quickly started giving impressions of the game. I wanna lump you town but new personal rules after making a bad liveTWG choice, gonna try and be a bit more cautious on replacements.

However, would like to see a little more elaboration on the squirrel being scummy thing. /assuming that's who squidly is. I don't actually know if anyone else in game has a nickname like this, so pardon me if this is wrong.

Squirrel: gonna null you because I am really interested in Zenith elaborating on you further and I wanna go into that open minded. /i'm assuming you're squidly here.

Note: post I am referencing:

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4335523)
Squidly is by far the wolfiest player thus far and I don't comprehend how vets didn't pick it up.

I get he kinda touched on it a little, but I'm not to satisfied with his later discussion of it, compared to this statement. This statement makes it seem like it's obvious and I don't understand where he's coming from.

Mashi / charles: town lean fer nao. tbh I have no clue how to read you. Wanna lump you a town lean tho because of this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Claythorne (Post 4335356)
I'm not feeling the suspicion on AragakiAyase; sunfan, do you necessarily believe his performance your last game with him was due to primarily his skill or was it not partially circumstantial?

J-rod: null - I like yer posts but tbh I'm just being paranoid because I'm dumb, probably should lump you town tho.

danceflashrevo 07-7-2015 04:54 PM

5 to insta
squirl (1) - greg
mrpop (1) - mashi
zenith (1) - jrodd, mrpop
unvote: aa, shad, squirl
No vote: help, xel

i believe this is correct

_Zenith_ 07-7-2015 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4335562)
5 to insta
zenith (2) - jrodd, mrpop
squirl (1) - greg
mrpop (1) - mashi
unvote: aa, shad, squirl
No vote: help, xel

i believe this is correct

That would be correct

_Zenith_ 07-7-2015 05:06 PM

EoD is tonight right?

I may be able to squeeze in my normal reads list by tonight; if not by the morning