Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Stepmania (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   The Etterna Project (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145215)

MinaciousGrace 01-10-2017 09:19 PM

Re: The Etterna Project

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugotskillz (Post 4509056)
The lagspikes can range from 1600-2100
Happens on all my songpacks at this very moment
These lagspikes don't occur if a song already experienced a lagspike, so it happens once on about every 2-4 songs

going back to this if you have a lot of pad packs that don't include banner graphics, the game will create a banner from the background by loading and resizing it and this is very slow

edit: alternatively go into theme options and disable show backgrounds

@khelly probably what celirra said

MSB Khelly 01-17-2017 11:14 AM

I remember in scwh there's an option for song select previews for sm and osu mania styles where the osu one will play the entirety of the song rather than just loop the same 10 seconds over and over again.

I can't find this in Til Death (Do themes even alter the settings menu?) - did I miss it, is it somewhere in preferences.ini, or is it not availible?

Celirra 01-17-2017 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSB Khelly (Post 4511577)
I remember in scwh there's an option for song select previews for sm and osu mania styles where the osu one will play the entirety of the song rather than just loop the same 10 seconds over and over again.

I can't find this in Til Death (Do themes even alter the settings menu?) - did I miss it, is it somewhere in preferences.ini, or is it not availible?

Pretty sure this was a SCWH-2 feature, and etterna was forked off of SCWH-1 mostly; hence there's a good chance it's not actually in etterna/til death currently. Shouldn't be too hard to implement though assuming there's demand for it, I actually prefer the osu style as well honestly.

Ugotskillz 01-23-2017 03:54 PM

aww jeez
now I download songpacks and they won't load
any solutions?
(SAMPLE PACKS THAT WON'T LOAD) StepmaniaFreak's Favorites, Tachyon Beta, Tachyon Alpha, etc.

Nick012 01-23-2017 09:49 PM

Are you using the "AdditionalSongFolders" preference? Did you add the preference to etterna's /Save/Preferences.ini ? Remember it comes portable by default

MinaciousGrace 01-24-2017 09:47 PM

0.54 is officially out https://github.com/xwidghet/stepmani...ases/tag/0.54r

you should prolly read the release notes for this and the pre-releases that preceded it, but in case you don't and you haven't been following development here's basically what you need to know in a few screenshots

more skillsets!!! and some of them even work!!!

f i l t e r b o i z

profile viewer!!!

judge steppmania

again, if you have any feedback the best place to do it is in the development discord https://discord.gg/ZqpUjsJ

choof 01-24-2017 09:54 PM

I was actually about to post in this thread with an issue but I'll check out the notes and hopefully it's fixed

also how to cap fps, 1k fps is gr8 but totally unneeded I think

Flossy97 01-24-2017 09:57 PM

In preferences.ini there's framelimit and framelimitgameplay which you can use to cap the framerate

shenjoku 01-25-2017 12:49 PM

Those are some swanky features :O Very nice! I like where this is going :)

Any chance you can reduce the font size on those tabs in the profile viewer so they are actually legible?

MinaciousGrace 01-25-2017 02:14 PM

yeah legibility in the headers is on the list of stuff to do

YoshL 01-25-2017 03:30 PM

will there be a way for previous dp only scores to be calculated into the profile skill system (just based off of PA count) or is that a moot thing

MinaciousGrace 01-25-2017 10:19 PM

it's possible and actually would be very easy to do however since the conversion is done by worst case scenario, e.g. every good = 134.99 ms, every great = 89.99 ms, etc, the practical benefit is basically 0 beyond initially populating a profile

that is to say in all likelihood you'll be penalized enough that even in a severe slump any new scores will outweigh any old ones by a significant margiin

im on the fence on whether or not it should be allowed

actually there's a test case i could use hold on

e: so my test case is a 97% sdcb which gets shafted to barely a 93% when converted, granted the cb spread is 3/3/3 so thats pretty bad however had all the cbs been misses i wouldnt have had a 97% in dp in the first place

the score in question i would consider to probably be one of my best and it fills out a handstream slot for me which i am sorely lacking high ranks in, but basically all the merit in having the score applied to my profile is lost after conversion

on the other other hand that's just my particular case and the conversion penalties aren't as bad as i remember thinking they were so I guess i'm leaning toward allowing conversion and it being optional?

e2: yeah what i can do fairly easily is just make a button in the profile tab that converts everything

YoshL 01-25-2017 11:05 PM

would it be worst case, or would could it be balanced with like, middle ground for the judgments (goods would be like, 112.5 ms) with a percentage cap of the original DP w/o holds factored in? (to prevent overinflation of scores)

I guess the reasoning is, the new profile scores tab is really cool, but not seeing all the previous scores listed in there that i've gotten makes it weird to see what i should be playing to make the skill rating more accurate to the system.

MinaciousGrace 01-25-2017 11:28 PM

tbh doing something like that probably would be fine as a practical matter but i wouldnt really be comfortable doing it in principle

say you have a score on amber shores with 200g all of which are 80ms or more early, assuming each one was only 65 ms just seems like bad practice

YoshL 01-25-2017 11:38 PM

i guess, in practice you can definitely argue that that really doesn't happen at all, and that timing will for the most part, follow a gaussian distribution

even if someone's timing is skewed early or late, it will usually err on the side of undervaluing each judgement.

Scores where say, there's like a couple goods randomly, those may be overvalued, however they would probably be completely negligible due to the fact that random cbs don't really do too much to alter the final score. If there's more, the cbs would usually be accompanied by other cbs and bad judgement, again because of natural distribution tendencies and w/e. And if there's too much, then the score's probably too low to actually contribute too much to your profile stats anyways

edit: either way, if you do decide to do something like this, would it also be possible to denote scores that were converted over from dp in like, the profile screen and pb in the lower left and other places as well

MinaciousGrace 01-25-2017 11:49 PM

yeah you're right, i'll think on it, regardless of what i decide i'm still never going to like the idea of possibly rewarding players where they dont deserve it

also yes tagging converted files would be a prerequisite for this

e: ok ive decided to do midwindow conversions but there will be a ~_prICe 2 PAy_~

YoshL 01-26-2017 10:41 AM

I think there's definitely fringe cases where the player gets rewarded, but those are like, generally never going to happen simply because you'd have to have stupid accuracy at the latter edge of a timing window in order for that to happen, and the general gaussian distribution would still balance that out i think?

like if someone hit right at the edge of the perfect window, then yeah that would reward them, but that would mean that they already had fucking godlike MA, and just a shitty ass offset, in which case, they deserve to at least take a tiny bump up in score?

idk i'm really trying to think of cases where players do get rewarded, but they don't really make sense for people who are like, legit playing the game, since i do think that the edge cases should be accounted for and definitely factored into reasoning

MinaciousGrace 01-26-2017 11:24 AM

it would almost assuredly be limited to fringe cases like consistently jumptrilling something like amber shores early yes

or very short files where proper distributions don't have enough samples to form

Casey2069 01-27-2017 05:17 PM

K.

MinaciousGrace 01-27-2017 11:37 PM

woops, i'll fix it asaply, thanks for letting us know