Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   FFR's Top One Handers (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=95819)

Bluearrowll 11-21-2008 07:28 PM

Re: FFR's Top One Handers

Quote:

Originally Posted by irionman (Post 2883507)
I thought it was pretty easy.

Once you know the trick it is. Try some of the more challenging ones :)

Card Man 11-21-2008 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluearrowll (Post 2883653)
Once you know the trick it is. Try some of the more challenging ones :)

I tried for the one you guys are talking about. I got 460 misses and 8 combo. It is just weird lol:shock:

Bynary Fission 11-21-2008 08:27 PM

Sup guys.

First Synthlight AAA in 3 1/2 months.

~Bynary Fission

Card Man 11-21-2008 08:45 PM

I am so jealous. That song is so hard. :oops:

Bluearrowll 11-21-2008 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bynary Fission (Post 2883710)
Sup guys.

First Synthlight AAA in 3 1/2 months.

~Bynary Fission

Just think.Once you get your last Synthlight AAA, who knows when your next one will be.

8 Hour Whore 11-21-2008 09:48 PM

I hate FFR..
Gah
Trying to get this token is a pain in the ass..
almost had it on Blue Rose..
Almost had it on Molto Vivace..
This is getting annoying..
i'm getting closer..
I'm going to get it and be the first of the Top one hander three fingered to get a FGO FC

irionman 11-21-2008 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8 Hour Whore (Post 2883767)
I hate FFR..
Gah
Trying to get this token is a pain in the ass..
almost had it on Blue Rose..
Almost had it on Molto Vivace..
This is getting annoying..
i'm getting closer..
I'm going to get it and be the first of the Top one hander three fingered to get a FGO FC

I mashed a fc out of lolo on three fingers. :-P

8 Hour Whore 11-21-2008 09:55 PM

I have a Mash FC on lolo I'm not submitting it..
I'm going to submit something without mash
Mash = BS for me.

irionman 11-21-2008 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8 Hour Whore (Post 2883777)
I have a Mash FC on lolo I'm not submitting it..
I'm going to submit something without mash
Mash = BS for me.

Well, my best non mash Guru song on three fingers was crowdpleaser. I missed 5 i think.

8 Hour Whore 11-21-2008 10:11 PM

Yea thats the best I can get on CP..
That trill is a betch..
I'm looking at 4 songs I can get this from.. Blue Rose, Molto Vivace, Intergration, or Katsarku Mazgalom.

Dave&Wave 11-22-2008 08:52 AM

WTF ! Today the games don't want to load , they all stay at zero .

Dave&Wave 11-22-2008 08:53 AM

My record on Malto Vivace was 10 misses . I only mashed on the quads .

shaun21ss 11-22-2008 12:36 PM

helooooooooooooooooo

Dave&Wave 11-22-2008 01:38 PM

Hello .

Bolth mannn 11-22-2008 05:29 PM

gah i thought i was the only one with game loading problems...oh well

Bynary Fission 11-22-2008 05:31 PM

They fixed that hours ago - you still have issues with loading a game?

~Bynary Fission

Dave&Wave 11-22-2008 07:16 PM

I'm not . Did anybody elses font change .

Bynary Fission 11-22-2008 07:18 PM

Oh yeah, check out my sexy new AAAs today. :cool:

That's right. Be jealous.

~Bynary Fission

Dave&Wave 11-22-2008 07:19 PM

:-o , it's no fair :cry: .

Bynary Fission 11-22-2008 07:42 PM

Oh yeah, here's another one:

Seriously, I am hauling ass today.

~Bynary Fission

irionman 11-22-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bynary Fission (Post 2884602)
Oh yeah, here's another one:

Seriously, I am hauling ass today.

~Bynary Fission

I'm close to posting my FMO AAAs just to say ha. :)

Dave&Wave 11-22-2008 07:53 PM

Try doing what he does using 3-fingers . Bet you can't .

irionman 11-22-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave&Wave (Post 2884618)
Try doing what he does using 3-fingers . Bet you can't .

Did you not read my other posts. I was three fingers for longer than he was. I know how to do it. Synaxis Symphony was my very first VC FC while i was three finger. Yeah, it's challenging now, but I still remember doing that one. I fc'd Blue Noah three fingers, Choprite, and other crappy songs too. I just decided that I want to do a different style. There are limits to three fingers. Go ask him to play Planet Karma and you'll see that.

Dave&Wave 11-22-2008 09:08 PM

Oh , I didn't read your other posts , I was to tired to read 3 pages at the time .

Aeroethimetic 11-22-2008 11:12 PM

Congratz on the AAA's bynary.

Redsky139 11-23-2008 11:48 AM

<~~being jealous of Bynary (and irionman)

I did break 100 AAAs recently, however (yay!), and 350 FCs (again!). I'm fighting hard for under 1000 av rank. I just want that daggone token. Once I do that, I think there are a number of songs I can AAA that won't be as valuable for my ranks right now.

EDIT: Bluearrow II token get. Also, my AAAs for today include: Blank Knowing, Ball of Malt, Zodiac, Straight to Video, Syndrome Craze, and Theme of the Dragoon Knights. I'm on every leader board for daily stats. I am officially an FFR whore.

sarahxjane 11-23-2008 07:57 PM

HOLY ****

Bluearrowll 11-23-2008 08:46 PM

well i'll be, someone actually bothered to get it.

irionman 11-23-2008 09:44 PM

Bluearrowll 11-23-2008 10:27 PM

Choprite

irionman 11-24-2008 12:47 AM

sup

8 Hour Whore 11-24-2008 03:56 AM

Yea yea yea we know your amazing..
You can AAA on demand yada yada..
STFU
jk lol

Anyways I'm up to 519 FC's xD
Getting down to only having A couple VC's and the rest being FMO's and FGO's

Bolth mannn 11-24-2008 04:51 AM

lol i only have just over 230 FCs....im up to doing very difficult FC's...ive done one challenging though...oh well, ill catch up someday

Adamaja456 11-24-2008 07:27 AM

irionman, do you play on handed?

irionman 11-24-2008 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamaja456 (Post 2885950)
irionman, do you play on handed?

I do. But not three fingered anymore. I play four fingers.

Zageron 11-24-2008 09:14 AM

Which style of four fingers?

irionman 11-24-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 2885971)
Which style of four fingers?

Uh....one handed style? IDK. I play with my pinky. Pointer on left arrow, middle on up, ring on down, pinky on 0 of numpad. It's strange but I'm used to playing it.

Bluearrowll 11-24-2008 03:02 PM

nice kanon kanon score ;)

irionman 11-24-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluearrowll (Post 2886157)
nice kanon kanon score ;)

screw that song

8 Hour Whore 11-24-2008 08:34 PM

97 more songs guys xD
I'm working my way up and increasing my PA at the same time =]]
I realized I have alot of VC's I didn't FC when I thought I did so I'm going back and fixing them..
Should have 96 more but I did better with PA on 1 song with 1 miss
and now it won't record my FC.. =(
Also..
1000th Post! xD

Aeroethimetic 11-24-2008 09:13 PM

Kai PA = Perfect Accuracy? Thats my guess at least. In context to how its used.

Now im still looking forward to getting holy orders. Going to try what orlando said...but idk....

and Wow I only fced 3 very difficult songs. Eternal Nightmare, Less talk more rokk, and mercury lamp. Everyone else i always mess up with somehow. Not even close to challenge....some of your scores are just...insane i swear.

bynary AAAing games we have played 4....8 hour fcing divine suicide of k one handed....just.....wtf no way can i even try....

Bolth mannn 11-24-2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aeroethimetic (Post 2886646)
Kai PA = Perfect Accuracy? Thats my guess at least. In context to how its used.

Now im still looking forward to getting holy orders. Going to try what orlando said...but idk....

and Wow I only fced 3 very difficult songs. Eternal Nightmare, Less talk more rokk, and mercury lamp. Everyone else i always mess up with somehow. Not even close to challenge....some of your scores are just...insane i swear.

bynary AAAing games we have played 4....8 hour fcing divine suicide of k one handed....just.....wtf no way can i even try....

lol eternal nightmare...i swear i am over that song...i always mess up at that part where they introduce yellow notes...meh...if u want some easy VD songs try "thinking different" "x-dreamer final cut" "tetris remix" "iPatch's OP" "victims and martyrs" "the space between" "courage" and "the wanderer"

also try to use 1.5 speed if ur not already, makes things a lot easier.

Aeroethimetic 11-24-2008 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 2886652)
lol eternal nightmare...i swear i am over that song...i always mess up at that part where they introduce yellow notes...meh...if u want some easy VD songs try "thinking different" "x-dreamer final cut" "tetris remix" "iPatch's OP" "victims and martyrs" "the space between" "courage" and "the wanderer"

also try to use 1.5 speed if ur not already, makes things a lot easier.

I love that song eternal nightmare. I was very happy just seeing my combo being at least 1000. Makes me feel more motivated and special =P, Good luck man you can do it. Just need to keep the rhythm, which i screw up with a lot. Timing is key, but im sure you can handle that song. Good luck =) I'm waiting for your post with your fc =P

btw I remember coming really close to thinking different once. got a miss at about the 804 mark. but i hit over 800 combo so i was happy. everytime i try now i always seem to hit in the 700's before i miss something, due to timing off or rhythm or something.

and yea always use 1.5. anything slower annoys me, 1.75 is too much imo. brain cant go that fast personally.

8 Hour Whore 11-24-2008 09:35 PM

Umm actually.. Divine Suicide isn't my best anymore lol
I FC'd Hajnal, Silence, Divine Suicide, Novo Mundo, 300, ect.
Yes Pa = Perfect Accuracy or Perfect Average.

Just give it time honestly. I didn't just spring out of nowhere and get amazing. No I practiced.. Alot..
I have more gameplays then Bynary does actually. He's just better and a faster learner then I am.

Bolth mannn 11-24-2008 09:39 PM

EDIT: w0000000t I just FCd THE ADVENTURES OF LOLO!!!!!!! w0000000t (level 12) MY FIRST FGO!

gah, well, ive had enough for now...ive just spent literally 2 hours trying to AAA activity unbroken...still havent...i got about 20 blackflags in it though -.-

i tried etetnal nightmare again and again, got caught out at the yellow note part.

mercury lamp i should be able to do, but my fingers are dead atm...i just mashed death piano for under rank 2k and my hands are killing me.

Zageron 11-24-2008 10:00 PM

-_-;

Bynary Fission 11-24-2008 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 2886676)
EDIT: w0000000t I just FCd THE ADVENTURES OF LOLO!!!!!!! w0000000t (level 12) MY FIRST FGO!

Mash. :-|

****ing figures. I can get 15-20 goods on this consistently, but the one time I actually manage to FC, I completely screw up the PA. In addition, I miss the 3/6 req by 1 good...again (mind you, this is normal - I'm just venting).

Still, it's my first real FMO FC...

~Bynary Fission

EDIT: GAH STUPID ASS BURST OF LAG BROKE MY COMBO. Not only does this beats my best PA by about 20 goods too, but Choprite is incredibly hard for me to FC - I don't even think I can do this again. -___________________-; The boo count is really high, though.

Bolth mannn 11-24-2008 11:01 PM

yeah lol mash...well, at least i have one, ill let everyone know when i get a REAL FGO FC lol...oh well, good job on those 2 songs bynary

irionman 11-24-2008 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bynary Fission (Post 2886742)
Mash. :-|

****ing figures. I can get 15-20 goods on this consistently, but the one time I actually manage to FC, I completely screw up the PA. In addition, I miss the 3/6 req by 1 good...again (mind you, this is normal - I'm just venting).

Still, it's my first real FMO FC...

~Bynary Fission

EDIT: GAH STUPID ASS BURST OF LAG BROKE MY COMBO. Not only does this beats my best PA by about 20 goods too, but Choprite is incredibly hard for me to FC - I don't even think I can do this again. -___________________-; The boo count is really high, though.

I'm so glad I got that AAA out of the way.

8 Hour Whore 11-24-2008 11:20 PM

Ouch Bynary
Dude you just burned my Novo Score Dx
And Choprite..
I'm right there with you on that 1 miss BS..
good job on your FMO FC though xD

Bobogoobo 11-24-2008 11:24 PM

My average rank is now 3554. Looks like I make it onto the list ^_^

I haven't checked the forums or this topic in a while. I'll work on my tier points soon, because I know I've improved since the last time I did.

jump_the_bullet 11-25-2008 02:07 AM

token get.

Patience token
yeah i was bored lol

Bolth mannn 11-25-2008 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobogoobo (Post 2886776)
My average rank is now 3554. Looks like I make it onto the list ^_^

I haven't checked the forums or this topic in a while. I'll work on my tier points soon, because I know I've improved since the last time I did.

gah so im guessing that makes my 3950 not on the list...oh well, just have to get it 33 more ranks down and ill be rank 30 lol yay :)

EDIT: Yay i should be rank 30 next time you update :)) average rank under 3900! ....3886 to be exact...hpefully thats enough....cya tomoz guys

irionman 11-25-2008 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 2886926)
gah so im guessing that makes my 3950 not on the list...oh well, just have to get it 33 more ranks down and ill be rank 30 lol yay :)

EDIT: Yay i should be rank 30 next time you update :)) average rank under 3900! ....3886 to be exact...hpefully thats enough....cya tomoz guys

Just go AAA all of Synthlights crappy songs. They suck yeah, but once you get them, your avg rank drops like a bomb.

Aeroethimetic 11-25-2008 03:07 PM

YES another vd song fced =)

EDIT: BAMMMM and i think my fingers are getting faster~

Bolth mannn 11-25-2008 06:56 PM

hehe my average rank is 3496 now :)

hey aero!!!!! i fcd 10 VD songs so far today...and its not even midday :) here they are if you wanna give them a try: fig leaf rag, bbblow, twilight techno, brightone, four vents (i got 9 goods on this), moonbeam, electro rush x8 and those 2 that you just FCd, emerald hill and crazy hair day :). bring it on lol.

oi guys, do you have any tips for the songs, Silence, for FFR, CIA Rave, Vertex Beta, runnymorning(SGC MIX) and BB evolution? those ae the only songs that are keeping my average rank shooting down...theyre the only songs i have above 10k rank...so any tips would be great, cause i just keep trying and i cant do it.

BYnary, WHen are you gonna update the top 30 list lol

irionman 11-25-2008 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 2887444)
hehe my average rank is 3496 now :)

hey aero!!!!! i fcd 10 VD songs so far today...and its not even midday :) here they are if you wanna give them a try: fig leaf rag, bbblow, twilight techno, brightone, four vents (i got 9 goods on this), moonbeam, electro rush x8 and those 2 that you just FCd, emerald hill and crazy hair day :). bring it on lol.

oi guys, do you have any tips for the songs, Silence, for FFR, CIA Rave, Vertex Beta, runnymorning(SGC MIX) and BB evolution? those ae the only songs that are keeping my average rank shooting down...theyre the only songs i have above 10k rank...so any tips would be great, cause i just keep trying and i cant do it.

BYnary, WHen are you gonna update the top 30 list lol

Since I've AAAd a lot of those songs already, I'll give it a go.

I was the first, or second, three finger player at the time to FC Silence and Vertex Beta.
Silence: Be ready for doubles like none other. Stay on your fingertips. Don't try and hit too hard or you will get slow and miss. Towards the middle it will get strange but keep your eyes open on the doubles.

Vertex Beta: Stamina Stamina Stamina. You won't get a clean FC of this for a while. Once you get your stamina built up it will be easy though.

CIA Rave(one of my new AAAs) Stamina song again, only not as fast as Vertex Beta. You pretty much have to AAA this for your avg rank to drop.

RunnyMorning: Very hard on three fingers. I've only recently FC'd it. You will probably have to do a mash during the jacks. It won't be pretty, but you will have a better shot. Be ready for the trills at the end though. They can become off beat if you don't pay attention.

For FFR: Mash the streams. There are two large blocks of jumbled steps. Take a screen shot of them and train yourself to hit the patterns. It becomes easy after a few tries.

BB Evolutoin: Stay away from this for a while. It's a very tough song to play one handed. It contains some very fast jump streams and regular streams. Not to mention a large portion at the end with nothing but doubles. Build your stamina for this one. You'll need it.

Dave&Wave 11-26-2008 05:40 PM

He he . I just made a new record On the Divine suicide of K :

1,690 perfects

577 goods

209 Avg

19 misses

1,057 boos

1,196 Combo

2,268,640 Score

40 credits

Mashing Might !

I saved it in my replays so you can watch it .

SKG_BuddhaRex 11-26-2008 05:45 PM

Oh man so many one handers i never heard of Now i dont feel like the only one :D
And anyone one of you guys can add me if you want i want to remember this

Dave&Wave 11-26-2008 05:53 PM

You've never heard of us ? Well welcome . Don't let any of our skills discourage you , after all , I used to be even worse then you at one time .

Card Man 11-26-2008 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave&Wave (Post 2888338)
He he . I just made a new record On the Divine suicide of K :

1,690 perfects

577 goods

209 Avg

19 misses

1,057 boos

1,196 Combo

2,268,640 Score

40 credits

Mashing Might !

I saved it in my replays so you can watch it .

Why do you keep bragging about stupid **** like this? Excuse my language but this is not a good score. Mashing is for noobs. Learn to play the game the right way. Sorry if you are taking this the wrong way; but skill is skill and you certainly lack it. :evil:

Bolth mannn 11-26-2008 06:10 PM

hehe my av rank is almost under 3k now...WHEN is bynary gonna update :( i wanna be on that list

EDIT: i dont quite get the tier system...if you get 20 or less while also FCing red alert...wouldnt you get 3 points not 2? or do you have to do them in order...250 combo first, then fc, then 20 or less or something like that?

irionman 11-26-2008 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Card Man (Post 2888363)
Why do you keep bragging about stupid **** like this? Excuse my language but this is not a good score. Mashing is for noobs. Learn to play the game the right way. Sorry if you are taking this the wrong way; but skill is skill and you certainly lack it. :evil:

Do you want me to go on about your skill? Come on man. He's new to this.

Bynary Fission 11-26-2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irionman (Post 2888373)
Do you want me to go on about your skill? Come on man. He's new to this.

This. While I don't agree with mashing, I remember when that score put all yours to shame. Don't put him down, regardless of whether his scores are in compliance with what you see as fit, Card Man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKG_BuddhaRex (Post 2888343)
Oh man so many one handers i never heard of Now i dont feel like the only one :D
And anyone one of you guys can add me if you want i want to remember this

Welcome. :) The only way to be added is to get 30th place or better on the top 30 one handers list, which is on the front page.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 2888364)
hehe my av rank is almost under 3k now...WHEN is bynary gonna update :( i wanna be on that list

I'll update it this week. Glad to see you're working on your rank - it's something I don't see many one handers do nowadays.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 2888364)
EDIT: i dont quite get the tier system...if you get 20 or less while also FCing red alert...wouldnt you get 3 points not 2? or do you have to do them in order...250 combo first, then fc, then 20 or less or something like that?

Nope. You only get as many points as the req you meet states. It's not cumulative (e.g if you get the SDG on Red Alert, you get 4 points, not 10). A lot of people tend to make this mistake, so be sure you don't as well.

~Bynary Fission

irionman 11-26-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bynary Fission (Post 2888390)
This. While I don't agree with mashing, I remember when that score put all yours to shame. Don't put him down, regardless of whether his scores are in compliance with what you see as fit, Card Man.

Welcome. :) The only way to be added is to get 30th place or better on the top 30 one handers list, which is on the front page.

I'll update it this week. Glad to see you're working on your rank - it's something I don't see many one handers do nowadays.

Nope. You only get as many points as the req you meet states. It's not cumulative (e.g if you get the SDG on Red Alert, you get 4 points, not 10). A lot of people tend to make this mistake, so be sure you don't as well.

~Bynary Fission

I remember when that score put your scores to shame. XD

Bolth mannn 11-26-2008 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bynary Fission (Post 2888390)

~Bynary Fission

so if i was to get a full combo with 20 or less goods...how many points would i get (on [red alert])

Bynary Fission 11-26-2008 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irionman (Post 2888393)
I remember when that score put your scores to shame. XD

Indeed...most one handers don't realize it, but once, long ago, in a galaxy far far away (or however it goes), I did in fact suck.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=88265

...yeah. I play this game too much. XD

~Bynary Fission

EDIT:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 2888404)
so if i was to get a full combo with 20 or less goods...how many points would i get (on [red alert])

You would get 3 points.

Bluearrowll 11-26-2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

I too am a one handed player, you're not that far behind me. I have 52 skill tokens and i'm trying to FC Dazzling Soul for my 53rd.

My 40th was UNknown Girl, for 40 credits :P. Got it on Song for the Ninhonjins.
bahahahaha OLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Card Man 11-26-2008 07:54 PM

I am sorry if I sounded mean or whatever you want to call me. The point I am trying to make is that bragging on a score that you got almost as many boos as your max combo...is just sad. I too have scores that I am not happy with but most of my mashed ones happened when I was noob too. Mashing is a bad habit and if you don't leave it now you never will. Sorry again if I sounded like an as*hole. Now, go get a real score and show it to us all!! :mrgreen:

Bluearrowll 11-26-2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Card Man (Post 2888460)
I am sorry if I sounded mean or whatever you want to call me. The point I am trying to make is that bragging on a score that you got almost as many boos as your max combo...is just sad. I too have scores that I am not happy with but most of my mashed ones happened when I was noob too. Mashing is a bad habit and if you don't leave it now you never will. Sorry again if I sounded like an as*hole. Now, go get a real score and show it to us all!! :mrgreen:

Not true. :)

if you're playing vrofl and you come across the quad jacks, technically you're still mashing all 4 keys. :p

irionman 11-26-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Card Man (Post 2888460)

You aren't redeeming yourself here. I remember when you bragged about crap scores too. He's new. He is thinking that his scores are decent/good for how long he has been playing. Who cares if he mashes to get them, that's what he does. I remember when I had to mash to FC excite bike. (even though it was over a year ago)

Card Man 11-26-2008 09:06 PM

I am not trying to "redeem myself" here. If this is causing a problem then just forget I even mentioned it. No sense in going on.... By the way blue, I am talking about obsessive mashing. ^_^

8 Hour Whore 11-26-2008 10:34 PM

Okay, I leave for two days..
And Drama takes over?
Honestly, yes we all sucked at one point in time.
Yes we've all mashed.. I have to but I never Bragged about a Mashed score.
I'm getting a helluva lot better with my PA..
Starting to get SDG on some lvl 9's now..
this is what happens when I get to see the love of my life.
She is my inspiration. Also.. My Rank keeps dropping too..
so I'm concidered to be still working on it.

Bolth mannn 11-27-2008 01:25 AM

SDG 4 min token unlocked :)

uhmm i got 9 goods on roses and butterflies (standard) by Making April...

im trying to attach the screenshot but it says upload failed...i dont get it....

8 Hour Whore 11-27-2008 02:10 AM

w00t I just came across my favorites File ever xD
And the first file I've gotten a Tier on for PA lol
2 TP get
Bynary.. You just had to go and find a way for me to get better didn't you?
With your silly little comment "how can you be so good, yet you suck at PA?"
Now look I'm catching up =)

EDIT: Almost got Heavy..
your lucky too xD
9-0-0-0 on TGWP4

irionman 11-27-2008 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8 Hour Whore (Post 2888741)
w00t I just came across my favorites File ever xD
And the first file I've gotten a Tier on for PA lol
2 TP get
Bynary.. You just had to go and find a way for me to get better didn't you?
With your silly little comment "how can you be so good, yet you suck at PA?"
Now look I'm catching up =)

EDIT: Almost got Heavy..
your lucky too xD
9-0-0-0 on TGWP4

I've AAAd part 4. I need to go AAA novo. That song pisses me off.

Dave&Wave 11-27-2008 08:36 AM

What do you guys consider a decent score ?

Card Man 11-27-2008 08:59 AM

SDG, AAA....etc. I always say that if someone kept their misses and boos equal or close to equal; they didn't mash. That is my rule of thumb.

Redsky139 11-27-2008 09:55 AM

Dave&Wave, a good score is a score that improves your rank, imho. So keep it up!

Card Man: You can mash on a song and FC it, so it has nothing to do with how many misses you get. In fact, I can mash some up-down trills and get a clean FC - no boos. I'm not proud of it, but I mash in some places on some songs...but I try my best to avoid it.

The main problems with mashing are that you can't PA with it, and it doesn't develop your skill at all. How can you train your fingers to do the technique properly if you're mashing all the time? Then, your skill stays the same at certain types of motions while the rest of your skills are improving. I also suspect that your eyes aren't reading the arrows as accurately, then, either. It's odd though, that you can get better at mashing. I know there are parts of songs I couldn't even mash before that now I can reasonably mash, but usually it's because I am now able to read those sections accurately and my technique is just about caught up enough to hit them poorly (e.g., today I dropped my rank on Silence by 3000. I mashed some parts still because I was scrambling and others because I don't yet have the stamina to hold up on that song the whole way. Oh, also I hate that song. lol) Oh, and nice work on your ranks, Card Man. You'd getting frightningly close to mine.

BTW - Got my first tier point today! FCed TGWP p1. I don't remember if I mashed some parts or not...lol, probably. Also, under 1100 av rank. :) So close to that lifetime achievement token...

Dave&Wave 11-27-2008 11:08 AM

I try to train my eyes to recognize patterns in the arrows then train my fingers to do them . Otherwise you just see a clump of arrows .