Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Team Pony (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121802)

FissionMailed1 05-14-2012 12:59 PM

Re: Team Pony

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkomni (Post 3692548)
I'd like to join. Can I have a Rainbow Dash?

Welcome to Team Pony *hug*! No huge ass hugging Rainbow Dash this time gold stinger :(

Fluvs 05-14-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3692627)
But that's a good thing ^_^

why of course that's a good thing xD

gold stinger 05-14-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FissionMailed1 (Post 3692705)
Welcome to Team Pony *hug*! No huge ass hugging Rainbow Dash this time gold stinger :(

Darkomni 05-14-2012 02:51 PM

This just in, I suck at SDGing FMOs.

Plasmatextor is fun.

Arbliterator 05-14-2012 03:56 PM

*Hugs new members* Welcome to the team! ^.^

Darkomni 05-14-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arbliterator (Post 3692820)
*Hugs new members* Welcome to the team! ^.^

Thanks.

I started playing Stepmania in October of 2011 - got into FFR about a week ago 'cause I saw some really fun files on here.

Glad to know there was already a pony team for me to join. Ponies are like, idk, the best.

Suicidalfatman 05-14-2012 09:08 PM

*Can't give out anymore hugs due to back injury for hugging too much*

Fluvs 05-14-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suicidalfatman (Post 3693013)
*Can't give out anymore hugs due to back injury for hugging too much*

Aw hug? ;w;

FissionMailed1 05-14-2012 09:34 PM

Using that image:

gold stinger 05-15-2012 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fluvs (Post 3693017)
Aw hug? ;w;

uh-huh.
Quote:

Originally Posted by FissionMailed1 (Post 3692375)

Xiz 05-15-2012 08:51 AM

psychoangel691 05-15-2012 03:21 PM

So anyone here around my skill level? I could use some friendly rivalry to kinda get me back in the game. I'm a bit rusty though :/

FissionMailed1 05-15-2012 04:01 PM

Just going to leave this here.

gold stinger 05-15-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3693620)
So anyone here around my skill level? I could use some friendly rivalry to kinda get me back in the game. I'm a bit rusty though :/

2.1 > 1.85 o.o
Scary to think about such people holding a rivalry with such differences in scrolling speeds. Don't think I'd be able to keep up with you. :<
You can probably go bug megamon, he's a D4 last time I checked. :D

@FissionMailed: I was like "lol u such a troll seth," but then I saw the video, watched it and was like " :< yudo dis" and I was sad.

Vinyl Scratch. 05-15-2012 05:04 PM

i had a random thought o-o
what would the pony's middle names be if they had one?

megamon88 05-15-2012 05:18 PM

Me and Arb are D5 now, but you can still compete with us :P

psychoangel691 05-15-2012 06:33 PM

I wouldn't be able to even come close to keeping up with anyone in D5.

@gold stinger scroll speed =/= to skill level.

FrozenAngel91 05-15-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3693620)

I'm pretty sure I'm actually fairly close to you in skill so you'd probably make a good rival, though I'm not entirely sure. Here's some scores for reference if they help

Also I mostly play stepmania so if you play that I'd be a lot more competitive, though I play both so it's not a big deal either way

DanTheManMS 05-15-2012 11:22 PM

Heyo folks, just wanted to say thanks for the warm welcome from a few nights ago. Now that I am *not* drunk as hell I thought I'd try and get back into the game a bit, and I'm apparently completely out of practice. Granted I was never really all that good in the first place compared to those replays of yours FrozenAngel (never got too far beyond "Challenging" level myself), but still. Ah well, it's all just a game in good fun after all, right?

Anywho, thanks again, brohoofs all around etc etc.

FrozenAngel91 05-15-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheManMS (Post 3693891)
Heyo folks, just wanted to say thanks for the warm welcome from a few nights ago. Now that I am *not* drunk as hell I thought I'd try and get back into the game a bit, and I'm apparently completely out of practice. Granted I was never really all that good in the first place compared to those replays of yours FrozenAngel (never got too far beyond "Challenging" level myself), but still. Ah well, it's all just a game in good fun after all, right?

Anywho, thanks again, brohoofs all around etc etc.

Don't worry, usually what happens after you haven't played in a while is you have a period of readjustment, and then once that's over you start blowing away all your old scores very quickly. Happens all the time to most people, you'll start getting good very soon I'm sure :D.

And don't worry about comparing yourself to me, that's not really what the game is about. There's huge differences in skill level in this game, you may think I'm good but people like halogen and dossar who can AAA 12's are way way way better than me, so it's best not to compare yourself to people like that. Instead, focus on how much you're improving, as long as you're beating your old scores eventually you will be as good as me or even halogen later on.

Comparing yourself to people in your skill level is a good idea however, if they're near your skill level then it becomes possible to actually beat there scores, and pushes you to get better. There's a lot of people in this team who are at your skill level I think, if you were able to do around 9's before then I think Danmeister is at your skill level, and probably others too. You should try comparing scores with them.

Xiz 05-16-2012 01:23 AM

OH YEAH FROZENANGEL?!?!? YOU WANT A RIVAL?!?
YOU GOT ONE!!!

Be in awe of these scores.

You Jelly? So Jelly.

psychoangel691 05-16-2012 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrozenAngel91 (Post 3693760)
I'm pretty sure I'm actually fairly close to you in skill so you'd probably make a good rival, though I'm not entirely sure. Here's some scores for reference if they help

Also I mostly play stepmania so if you play that I'd be a lot more competitive, though I play both so it's not a big deal either way

I think you're slightly better than I am, but I'll try to rival you anyway ^_^ I play SM on occasion but I have really crappy MA. I play more dumps than anything on there haha.

gold stinger 05-16-2012 06:22 AM

FrozenAngel you are just a tad above me. D:< Can we have a 3-way Rivalry? XD

I hate jacks, And I've definitely done better on Heavenly Spores before.
Can't do starry sky jacks. o_o

EDIT: Where's that old Heavenly Spores replay? ah, here it is.

FrozenAngel91 05-16-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 3694017)
FrozenAngel you are just a tad above me. D:< Can we have a 3-way Rivalry? XD

I hate jacks, And I've definitely done better on Heavenly Spores before.
Can't do starry sky jacks. o_o

EDIT: Where's that old Heavenly Spores replay? ah, here it is.

Wowwwww, that's a really really good heavenly spores, you seem to be really good at speed as long as it's single notes. Those other replays impressed me too, if you could jack those scores might even be SDG's.

Also about the rivalry, three way is fine with me but it's up to psychoangel really, she's the one who wanted the rivalry.

Also that's kinda funny psychoangel, I actually thought you wouldn't accept my proposal cause I was too far below you :P

Darkomni 05-16-2012 10:34 PM

Well, why the hell not?

Could've sworn I saved a replay of my black flag on Caprice for Violin in B minor Theme and Variations, but I guess not? Unless it takes a bit to update.

Suicidalfatman 05-16-2012 10:39 PM

What the heck's going on here =u

Darkomni 05-16-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suicidalfatman (Post 3694403)
What the heck's going on here =u

Arrows

Fluvs 05-16-2012 10:45 PM

Lots of lots of arrows my dear friend

justin_ator 05-16-2012 10:57 PM

Been working on a modified engine recently, I think you will all appreciate the little thing I added in~

(:

Update with the engine should be sometime within the next week or so I'm thinking.
(community velocity engine, of course)

Darkomni 05-16-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3694411)
Been working on a modified engine recently, I think you will all appreciate the little thing I added in~

(:

Update with the engine should be sometime within the next week or so I'm thinking.
(community velocity engine, of course)

Pony character select!

megamon88 05-16-2012 11:24 PM

asdfjaklgjlk haven't had time to do much because of school, I'll try to do the sigs this week but I have so many assignments due :s

Fluvs 05-16-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkomni (Post 3694433)
Pony character select!

awesome!

justin_ator 05-16-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Pony character select!

Sadly, no. If it was TP specific, I'd give it a go to try to change the characters, but since it's used by far more than just TP that is going to remain the same for the moment. We'll just say that the Secret Genre is no longer labeled as such.

Depending on how things go I might upload a second modified engine with the Pony character select, but it's not as high on my to-do list at the moment.

FrozenAngel91 05-17-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Pony character select!

Do want o.o

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkomni (Post 3694402)
Well, why the hell not?

Could've sworn I saved a replay of my black flag on Caprice for Violin in B minor Theme and Variations, but I guess not? Unless it takes a bit to update.

Haha why did you destroy me on the other two songs but then lose to me on Plasmatextor :P

justin_ator 05-17-2012 01:11 AM

Mkay, I thought about it some and I think I'd be willing to set up the Pony character select on a separate engine. Give me some kind of a list of potential Ponies you'd like to see in the engine as characters. I can try to make more than just what is there, but I can't make any promises on that. We might be limited to however many character slots are already on the engine.

EDIT: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...4&postcount=36
You can view the engine in this post, go look at secret (;

gold stinger 05-17-2012 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkomni (Post 3694402)

EDIT: Thought I'd share some feedback on justin_ator's new engine.

D:<

Love red neon, goes good with black. Although, it would probably blend in better if the FFR logo on the main screen was red too, but a faded red.
And yes, that is a Team Pony genre.

Xiz 05-17-2012 10:43 AM

Put Derpy in there and i'll be happy. :D

justin_ator 05-17-2012 11:04 AM

I've got ideas for character select, but it'll be a while until I can get it totally working considering I have no prior knowledge of AS2

Arbliterator 05-17-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3694479)
EDIT: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...4&postcount=36
You can view the engine in this post, go look at secret (;

Absolutely love it man. Also anypony dig my new BG? :3

UserNameGoesHere 05-17-2012 01:19 PM

For a character select you'll need (at minimum) the mane six (Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash), Derpy Hooves, and DJ P0N-3/Vinyl Scratch.

Other fan favorites seem to be Luna, Cadance, Celestia, Big Macintosh, Spitfire, Lyra, Bonbon, Trixie, Octavia, Doctor Whooves, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, Granny Smith.

Nonpony fan favorites: Spike, Discord, Queen Chrysalis.

Suicidalfatman 05-17-2012 01:22 PM

Oh My God arrows Everywhere @,.,@

psychoangel691 05-17-2012 02:28 PM

Posted this in the FFR scores thread, but gonna post here too

This was ridiculous, you have to watch the replay to understand x.x

This was my 1st full play through on this song got a lag good and another was pretty dumb

gold stinger 05-17-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3694683)

You should totally go for the AAA! C'mon! :D
You inspired me for my first FMO SDG (Well, it's not an SDG, but it is if you count score! :P)

Fluvs 05-17-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suicidalfatman (Post 3694641)
Oh My God arrows Everywhere @,.,@

Don't worry it's just about more arrows everywhere you see now xD

justin_ator 05-17-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserNameGoesHere (Post 3694639)
For a character select you'll need (at minimum) the mane six (Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash), Derpy Hooves, and DJ P0N-3/Vinyl Scratch.

Other fan favorites seem to be Luna, Cadance, Celestia, Big Macintosh, Spitfire, Lyra, Bonbon, Trixie, Octavia, Doctor Whooves, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, Granny Smith.

Nonpony fan favorites: Spike, Discord, Queen Chrysalis.

Thanks for the information, I'll definitely need it when I get to working on the character thing. I think I might have an idea for how to implement it all.

FrozenAngel91 05-17-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 3694739)
You should totally go for the AAA! C'mon! :D
You inspired me for my first FMO SDG (Well, it's not an SDG, but it is if you count score! :P)

Wow that's a really good SDG, surprised you don't have more if you can get that.
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3694815)
Thanks for the information, I'll definitely need it when I get to working on the character thing. I think I might have an idea for how to implement it all.

Awesome, I am definetly looking forward to when it gets implimented. Though just so you know the most important characters to get would be the mane 6, those being Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash. The other characters are less important to include (though I'm sure most people want Celestia and Luna, and I'd really like spike) so if your limited on spaces just make sure you have those characters

Edit: User name already said this and much better than me lol. Apparently I can't read >.<
Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3694683)
Posted this in the FFR scores thread, but gonna post here too

This was my 1st full play through on this song got a lag good and another was pretty dumb

Wow fall asleep is crazy good, clean scores on that song are extremely hard to get. I still don't get why everyone is so good at that song >.<

gold stinger 05-17-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrozenAngel91 (Post 3694827)
Wow fall asleep is crazy good, clean scores on that song are extremely hard to get. I still don't get why everyone is so good at that song >.<

The same reason everyone is really good at Starry Sky (Tanuki Bootleg).

psychoangel691 05-17-2012 07:08 PM

I actually asked Aj why Fast Asleep was an fmo : x

psychoangel691 05-18-2012 02:43 PM

You all should join the MP tourney http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=123947

^_^

gold stinger 05-18-2012 02:49 PM

The 2 bursts are FGO material. It's pretty easy for a short song tho. If there's any FMO to complain about, it would be Colorful Course, because the only real problems you have in that song are a tad bit of mini-jacks, some 16th and 24th transitions, and the length.

btw, 3rd FMO SDG! :D

DissonantMuse 05-18-2012 03:42 PM

Dammit, another black flag. Got a great right before the song ended (as always). Trixie trolled me hard on this one XD lol

gold stinger 05-18-2012 04:12 PM

Forgot to mention that I joined the MP Tournament. It takes place on the Legacy engine on June 2nd at 1:00PM. It's a Saturday.

Me, IcyWorld, FrozenAngel, and Darkomni have already joined.

If anyone else from the team is willing to join us in the tournament, (I'm giving you your heads up right now,) The link to the tournament thread is here:

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=123947

megamon88 05-19-2012 03:26 PM

Okay, it's a long weekend and I can finally get some stuff done :D I'll start working on the sigs later tonight.

Just to confirm:

Kayla - DJ PON-3

Darkomni - Rainbow dash

Sandwolf96 - Raindrops

Let me know if I missed anything or if anyone else wants one!

psychoangel691 05-19-2012 03:43 PM

Yeppers ^_^

gold stinger 05-19-2012 08:14 PM

I love it when you change your sig megamon, they always seem to be...better.

EDIT: on a side note, I have absolutely no idea how I was able to pull this sightread.
I was debating to send that song in myself, but glad someone else did.
Maybe I did so good on this song because I keep it on my Ipod..?

FrozenAngel91 05-19-2012 09:22 PM

Hey muse what pack is that song from? I've never seen it before.

Also I don't think colorful course is easy at all gold, that score of yours beats mine by a ton :(. Think you're pretty clearly d4 now :P

gold stinger 05-19-2012 10:35 PM

Definitely D4, I got put in D4 for the Enigmatic Arrows Tourney awhile back, and was pretty decent placing since I got first unofficially.

FrozenAngel91 05-19-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 3695940)
Definitely D4, I got put in D4 for the Enigmatic Arrows Tourney awhile back, and was pretty decent placing since I got first unofficially.

Oh, thought you were D3 in that one lol.

And wow first? That's impressive, never taken first in d4 before. Looking forward to facing you in the MP tournament then, it'll be fun :D

megamon88 05-20-2012 01:03 AM

I thought I'd have time to do the sigs today but they completely slipped my mind when I got back and now it's too late D:

TOMORROWWWW

Suicidalfatman 05-20-2012 11:04 AM

Megamon playing too much Minecraft

megamon88 05-20-2012 01:13 PM

*diablo 3

SandWolf96 05-20-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megamon88 (Post 3696094)
*diablo 3

Just one question. What do you think of Diablo 3? Was it worth buying? Im not sure if I should buy it or not. I really like RPG. It's just that I've heard some ppl say it's bad.

megamon88 05-20-2012 02:33 PM

This is coming from the perpective of someone who's never played any of the diablo games before, but I think it's pretty fun. I got it because a bunch of my friends did, and I don't regret it. If you like loot-based dungeon crawlers, you should definitely get it. If you're more into RPGs like Skyrim or ME, I'm not sure if you'd like this or not. Personally, I'm more of a FPS/MMORPG person, with a bit of RTS on the side. I pretty much just bought the game to fill in the space before GW2 comes out though. :P

FissionMailed1 05-20-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandWolf96 (Post 3696106)
Just one question. What do you think of Diablo 3? Was it worth buying? Im not sure if I should buy it or not. I really like RPG. It's just that I've heard some ppl say it's bad.

Item drops are really out of wack right now. The AH is pretty buggy as well. I'm having a lot of fun with it though. Overall, I'd say it is worth buying.

TC_Halogen 05-20-2012 03:34 PM

Whoa, take a look at this, guys:

SandWolf96 05-20-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megamon88 (Post 3696113)
This is coming from the perpective of someone who's never played any of the diablo games before, but I think it's pretty fun. I got it because a bunch of my friends did, and I don't regret it. If you like loot-based dungeon crawlers, you should definitely get it. If you're more into RPGs like Skyrim or ME, I'm not sure if you'd like this or not. Personally, I'm more of a FPS/MMORPG person, with a bit of RTS on the side. I pretty much just bought the game to fill in the space before GW2 comes out though. :P

I've never played any of the games either. So that helped me very much :D Judging by your review I gotta say: I need to go to the store tomorrow

megamon88 05-20-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3696152)
Whoa, take a look at this, guys:

omfg yes

flameshadow 05-21-2012 04:43 AM

FFR has teams now?

gold stinger 05-21-2012 08:56 AM

More or less, groups to hang out with. Back in the early days of FFR, teams and clans were formed and were used to beat the living crap out of each other. I guess now we're just more sophisticated. We do sometimes hold special events between each other, but most of it is chatting with compadres.

As of right now, I'm only aware of 4 teams:
Team Blaze
Team Pony
Team Fur
Team Indeed

If there are any others, let me know. I hate it when no one tells me nothin' D:

Suicidalfatman 05-21-2012 11:32 AM

I want those fails on my stepmania. Then I'd fail on purpose to see them xD

Findarian 05-21-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandWolf96 (Post 3696106)

If you think that 60hrs of your time is worth $60 before you get tired of people saying "blah blah this game is dying and stupid" on the forums then buy it.

Personally I enjoy it and all the critism is mostly from people looking way too far into the little details and just making it feel like it's a bad game in general when most enjoy it.

gold stinger 05-21-2012 05:07 PM

Working on a song that I was making a long time ago, wanted to get back to completing them.

Does this look stupid?
I like stupidly legit notes.

Suicidalfatman 05-21-2012 06:22 PM

*Hides behind wall of zombies*

megamon88 05-21-2012 06:27 PM

Oh god, it speeds up too. Must've taken a while to sync.

gold stinger 05-21-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megamon88 (Post 3696685)
Oh god, it speeds up too. Must've taken a while to sync.

About 30 minutes.

Speeds between 107 and 285 bpm, and increases.

If you're wondering what could possibly roll that fast, it's the electronical roll from Good Ol' Days about 9 seconds in.

Darkomni 05-21-2012 06:53 PM

I made a jumpstream chart for Mad Machine, but I'm super scared to share it because it's like really bad.

gold stinger 05-21-2012 07:17 PM

I've made plenty of terrible files myself, can't be worse than my own. Don't believe me? You should try the 8-bit So Many Wonders song on the community engine. XD I'd love to try it.

psychoangel691 05-21-2012 07:20 PM

Any ETA on siggys? No rush, just wondering :)

Darkomni 05-21-2012 07:24 PM

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7539801/madmachinejs.rar

Here you guys go. I'd love to see your ranks on the expert/oni chart.

Also, I've got the slightest feeling I could AAA this..

gold stinger 05-21-2012 07:44 PM

Your file is great! It's fluent, and I like it how you use holds to give the file some seasoning. Gonna go and try Expert.

EDIT:

dddddddddddddddd ddddddd