Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Other Music Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Rock Band. More Awesome. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=82285)

Biff_tech 01-2-2008 09:09 PM

Re: RockBand. More Awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokzic (Post 1958548)
THAT MEANS YOU DON'T NEED TO HEAR ANYMORE CANADIAN WHINING

But I still don't have it waahhhhh more canadian whining waaahhh lol.

debit13 01-2-2008 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117
btw Run to the Hills on drums ****ing sucks to play imo, things shouldn't be included in the game that don't register all that well, regardless of whether or not it's accurate to the drums in the song

I feel that adding a swing to the song helps a little bit on guitar, because Run to The Hills on Guitar isn't all that easy either.

Kekeb 01-3-2008 02:01 PM

Getting rockband for my birthday. I'm waiting because I don't want to buy the whole package. I think it's February 4th that individual piece get set to be sold separately.

Tokzic 01-3-2008 03:16 PM

So I did an all-nighter with my friends on it yesterday and at one point the mic was in the air, so I said "oh why the hell not" and took it, despite not considering myself much of a vocalist. Some of my friends were dying on Easy, so I decided that Easy was the best place to start, but I completely totalled it. Oh. Medium then. Totalled. Hard. Totalled. Expert. Still not doing bad.

Am I just pitch-gifted or does it mark you basically the same no matter what difficulty you're on?

Telvanni_guard 01-3-2008 03:32 PM

The pitch meter is smaller depending on the difficulty. Hitting closer to the center gives you better scores. Meaning, it's harder to hit the center on higher difficulties. I'm not sure about how harshly it judges the correct words, but just going uh... doesn't work on medium or hard. >_>

argo15 01-3-2008 03:34 PM

Got rock band a few days ago, I never post on these threads.... i should start =).

ddr_f4n 01-3-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telvanni_guard (Post 1962928)
The pitch meter is smaller depending on the difficulty. Hitting closer to the center gives you better scores. Meaning, it's harder to hit the center on higher difficulties. I'm not sure about how harshly it judges the correct words, but just going uh... doesn't work on medium or hard. >_>

If I stumble on the words, I just hum it, and I still get it. But I never tried it on hard or expert yet.

dore 01-3-2008 08:13 PM

On expert on the sections without pitch (like Sabotage and what not) are judged really harshly based on pronunciation.

dore 01-3-2008 09:31 PM

lolz my whammy just snapped yay :D

MalReynolds 01-3-2008 10:21 PM

5* Welcome Home and Green Grass and High Tides on expert, drums.

I know, it's not much, but I'm getting better. On PS3, I'm ranked 171 on drums.

jellygod 01-4-2008 10:27 AM

so i was at my friends house last night and was singing on his tv and i was like woah im doing alot better, apparently plasma tvs suck ass for singing cause i was beating songs i could never beat at home on expert, and the transitions from up and down the scale were way smoother. as when i had to do it at home i had to do it early and even then sometimes it didnt work. so i need to get a singing persons tv cause singing is my favorite thing in RB :D

Telvanni_guard 01-4-2008 10:53 AM

Go into the settings and manually do the calibration. Just choosing your TV didn't work for me. :\

Afrobean 01-4-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telvanni_guard (Post 1964040)
Go into the settings and manually do the calibration. Just choosing your TV didn't work for me. :\

When I played on my LCD TV in the living room, the sync was absolute **** and switching around the calibration SOMEHOW would make some things on sync and others off, so no matter what we did, someone had to deal with their stuff being off for some reason.

But when I play it in my room, every individual instrument is synced just fine.

Telvanni_guard 01-4-2008 12:14 PM

Come to think of it the singing's timing has been pure and utter crap for me. But I guessed that was just because my headset was fuxing up. And I tend to talk/sing rather low.

HK_Zachary 01-4-2008 12:52 PM

I got 99% on Blitzkrieg Bop (expert bass). Longest combo:

FOUR HUNDRED SEVENTY SIX!

Afrobean 01-4-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HK_Zachary (Post 1964202)
I got 99% on Blitzkrieg Bop (expert bass). Longest combo:

FOUR HUNDRED SEVENTY SIX!

expert bass is about the same difficulty level as easy guitar

MalReynolds 01-4-2008 01:20 PM

Man, on drums the longest combo I've ever had is something like 800.

Bass seems like a joke, to be honest.

dore 01-4-2008 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afrobean (Post 1964222)

Nah, it's like easy hard songs :)

I think I might have to send back my guitar, the whammy snapped yesterday and upstrum is working less and less consistently.

Telvanni_guard 01-5-2008 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afrobean (Post 1964222)

Someone needs to download some Metallica.

And then play Blackened. And then some Iron Maiden.

Also: For anyone with the 360 version of the game, OXM has put three songs onto their disc.

Freezepop: SprØde
Bang Camaro: Rock Rebellion
Count Zero: Shake

Source.

ddr_f4n 01-5-2008 12:42 PM

I already heard about it yesterday at bemanistyle. I never heard of Sprode, but I hope it's as catchy as Brainpower.

Now doing Drums Hard.