Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   The Werewolf Game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   2024 TWG Rules Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=144207)

DarkManticoreX2 05-22-2018 12:40 AM

Re: 2017 TWG Rules Thread

I take the postgame comment back. They look like they’ve been better then the last time i played.

Charu 05-22-2018 01:07 AM

Re: 2017 TWG Rules Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 (Post 4620699)
Don’t even get me started on the lazy postgames.

Regardless of the post above, this feels like a jab at me, lmao.

thesunfan 06-22-2018 10:39 PM

Re: 2018 TWG Rules Thread

updated the title to say 2018

changed the wording of rule 7a to specifically mention games that are already filled

changed the wording of rule 12c to specifically mention when the vote that triggers insta is cast it forces an early phase end

added rule 20

changed the previous rule 20 to rule 21

Xiz 08-6-2019 11:38 AM

Re: 2019 TWG Rules Thread

I am a games lover. Thanks for it.

the sun fan 08-26-2023 04:33 PM

Re: 2023 TWG Rules Thread

changed rule 18 to include T-Force and Makilaz as TWG mods; apparently this was never added oops.

more rules changes to come in the next few days, just gonna try and make some wording a bit clearer and stuff like that.

any suggestions to rules would be appreciated

the sun fan 08-28-2023 11:44 AM

these are what I would propose changing for the current rules

Could consider omitting the last sentence of rule 1.

clarify rule 2 and 2a in the way that Lar has suggested.

4b could make mention of exception for hydra games or when it is moderator approved (this is possibly unnecessary if we add a rule that I will mention later).

4c should just be its own rule (ie, be rule 5) rather than be rule 4c as it doesn't really have anything to do with 4, 4a or 4b.

6 should clarify that mods do not have to take role actions through FFR PM (this is also possibly unnecessary with the same rule mentioned in 4b).

7a should probably mentioned that this can only occur after signups have filled, but before a game has been rolled.

9 should either mention that it includes turbos, or mention that is specifically does not apply to turbos.

12b the b in "box" should be caps (I think no one would forgive me if I made this change without posting it here)

16a could include wording for games like sven's most recent game where parity is non-standard (same thing I said about rules 4b and 6).

add a rule specifically forbidding the use of codes and ciphers

add a rule specifically requiring exceptions to these rules for specific games (such as when parity is non-standard) to be mentioned in the OP of the host voting thread, signups thread and game thread (with a possible exception for mystery games). A subrule of this could require bastard games to be declared so in the host voting thread, signups thread and game thread.

MixMasterLar 08-28-2023 12:06 PM

So this is more a "how it's worded" concern and less me having an issue with the rule, but the Cipher rule should clarify that it's talking about something that requires outside knowledge other then English. We probably don't intend for softs or riddles or whatever to be against the rules and the term "code" seems a little loaded.

For the second new rule, I feel there are some rules that should not be eligible to be changed (editing post being the obvious example). There should probably be tiers of rules: Forum rules that can't be changed, and game rules that can. I point this out more for Mystery Games since we wouldn't even get a chance to dunk on a host for allowing editing before we started the game

I personally think Rule 9 should apply to turbos, as well

I can agree with everything else, but don't see a need to alter rule 1

the sun fan 08-28-2023 12:25 PM

ah, yeah, I was preparing to define code as something like...
something that requires a key in order to decipher