Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   fuck Georgia (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150924)

DaBackpack 06-27-2019 05:46 PM

Re: fuck Georgia

like when we say acab it's generally a criticism of the institutional biases against minorities. but it goes beyond that in the sense that training/education forces these biases upon all new recruits. a lot of the extremely problematic behaviors are learned.

I think it's unlikely that most cops enlist for shitty reasons; I think a lot of them really mean well and want to help people. But through indoctrination or other means they become tools of a corrupt system. they are complicit in the single most oppressive institution in the country.

that is the root philosophy behind acab.

korny 06-27-2019 06:26 PM

There's that, but it's also that a cop swears an oath to enforce all laws, many of those laws being cruel or unjust. If you swear an oath to enforce all laws, even those that are cruel and unjust, then you are apart of a cruel and unjust system that often disproportionately targets disadvantaged groups of people. So, yeah, acab

aperson 06-27-2019 06:32 PM

hash tag not all cops!!

aperson 06-27-2019 06:32 PM

fuck alabama

XelNya 06-27-2019 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4680556)
do you come into threads just to find things to have problems with or is it more a people thing

"not all cops" is literally never a meaningful contribution to the discussion

Ok you've said some really dumb shit here.

For starters, I did not just come into this thread to have an issue with what's said, this is one of the few times I agree with the sentiments of most of the people here. I've kept my posts civil, there's no mocking tone to any post I've made in here.

Women's rights are something to be taken seriously. Women not being able to make their own choices in regards to carry life or ending it, is absolutely nonsense. A woman being jailed for getting shot because the baby died? Absolutely fucking stupid. No reasonable person disagrees with these.

Do I agree that the statement "men should have no grounds to make laws over what a woman does with her body?" Not entirely. Should the men doing it not exercise dark age ignorance? Yes. Absolutely.

Did I make my posts recently because it's Raeko, someone it is known I don't agree with or like much? No. If you had made that post the response is the same.

Her statement generalizes literally every cop together into the pile of being racist, because it's worded super fucking poorly. THAT is what I was going for.

So no. I didn't come in here to start shit. And it has nothing to do with those involved, it's a dumb, ignorant statement, I called it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4680483)
cops are racist anyway so they will only use these fucked up laws on who they want to use them on

What part of this is ok? It is the actual equivalent of saying, for example only, "persons of darker skin are more likely to commit crimes."

It's not fucking ok.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4680562)
They are..... literally like 80% of cops are racist fucks that need to lose their job. Power hungry bitches.

Source?

G.S.M 06-27-2019 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4680562)
They are..... literally like 80% of cops are racist fucks that need to lose their job. Power hungry bitches.

completely and utterly false

what

mellon_collie 06-27-2019 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4680578)
What part of this is ok? It is the actual equivalent of saying, for example only, "persons of darker skin are more likely to commit crimes."

The irony of you using this as your example is just too much

aperson 06-27-2019 06:52 PM

If we didn't have cops who would arrest the homeless people sleeping outside at night?

aperson 06-27-2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4680578)

It's not fucking ok.

why do people treat me this way? don't they understand that I was born a cop???

DaBackpack 06-27-2019 06:54 PM

I mean raeko was being hyperbolic but being a cop is a choice so you can make inferences about moral character, whereas the dark-skinned argument relies on outdated genetic arguments and "race realism"... e.g. not a choice

rayword45 06-28-2019 07:52 AM

i suppose this is as good a time as ever to post the meme

melonpapes 06-29-2019 10:19 AM

oh boy hey chit chat this is a badd thread

dAnceguy117 06-29-2019 05:15 PM

Nope it's good fuck alabama

rayword45 06-29-2019 05:43 PM

alobummer

WTFBrandon 06-29-2019 05:44 PM

tbh fuck everyone
*shrug*
everyone is bad now a days

DaBackpack 06-30-2019 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTFBrandon (Post 4680745)
tbh fuck everyone
*shrug*

there are varying degrees of bad

aperson 06-30-2019 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTFBrandon (Post 4680745)
tbh fuck everyone
*shrug*

this post is bad

but it is no Alabama

melonpapes 06-30-2019 03:33 PM

If you can't feed your baby (yeah, yeah) Then don't have a baby (yeah, yeah)

-michael jackson
wanna be startin' somethin

DossarLX ODI 06-30-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melonpapes (Post 4680867)

-michael jackson

For people that are ignorant of the costs and effort required to raise children, sure.

The ones that are experiencing a pregnancy due to an accident or rape? Not so much. That's telling me there is a gap in technology with a combination of our society not providing other options.

Many doctors still refuse to provide sterilization for women. The irony? Some of those women who are denied might end up getting an abortion that could be prevented in the first place if the doctor actually took them seriously.

There was an IUD program in Colorado that reduced abortion rates significantly.

Want to reduce the number of abortions that happen? Actually address what would lead to an abortion in the first place. Labeling it illegal doesn't actually prevent it. A writer even went to make a book about abortion if Roe v. Wade was to be overturned (it's called Handbook for a Post-Roe America).

It's not the moral views that are an issue here. The current approach is just so fundamentally wrong that it creates a circular problem that is set up to fail.

Funnygurl555 07-2-2019 03:29 PM

well that was a fun read

Quote:

Originally Posted by melonpapes (Post 4680867)

-michael jackson

can you please take me off your sig