Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Brag Board (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   ~D4/D5 Rivalry~ (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=135796)

axith 04-15-2014 10:13 PM

Re: ~D4/D5 Rivalry~

Well, that was fun.

igotrhythm 04-15-2014 10:43 PM

Goddammit, now I'm going to be mindblocked on this for weeks.

sweet2kill210 04-16-2014 08:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Improvement.

KotHN 04-17-2014 08:43 PM

4 Attachment(s)
pretty busy this week, did not get much chance to do well :(

axith 04-18-2014 08:40 AM

Announcing songs for week 6 (from 4/18 through 4/25):

D5:
Tsugihagi Construction (77)
Dizzay (76)
Press Start (74)
Black (70)

D4:
Church Bells (69)
Ambient Angels (66)
Lawn Wake IV (64)
reveal yourself (63)

Songs would be on the spreadsheet this evening. Would people like me to send out a pm with the song list in addition to posting it here?

Everyone have an excellent week!

MyDoctrine_00 04-18-2014 02:32 PM

Oof, sort of neglected playing these songs a little in an attempt to get more overall AAA's (hit my 1000 yay ^.^)

It'll have to be later tonight but I'll get songs posted before the 11:59pm deadline, might be cutting it a bit close though.

MyDoctrine_00 04-18-2014 09:01 PM

GAH horrible time management, won't be able to try and get better on any of them =(

igotrhythm 04-18-2014 09:48 PM

FFFFF how is everyone so good at Paraclete :(

AutotelicBrown 04-18-2014 10:20 PM

I'll soon edit with my scoredump of both weeks.

I'm already pretty happy with the new songs because I got Lawn Wake IV AAA and reveal yourself BF.

Quote:

Originally Posted by axith
Songs would be on the spreadsheet this evening. Would people like me to send out a pm with the song list in addition to posting it here?

That would be really convenient if not too much of a hassle for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyDoctrine_00
Oof, sort of neglected playing these songs a little in an attempt to get more overall AAA's (hit my 1000 yay ^.^)

Congrats on the 1000 mark. I got 800 myself today.

EDIT:
So, here are my scores. I could show more love for most D5 songs but those are mostly illustrative either way.

By the way, it would be really nice to have some kind of incentive for D4 players to get D5 worthy scores on their songs (joining the D5 pool or something along this line?).

I really suck at rolls so the ending is not that bad. I don't know if it's a conversion issue or what but the recurring 43(24) pattern really throws me off to consistently AAA the rest of the song; the 16th note frame position feels a bit off on some instances of the pattern.

Better than expected, I find the patterns on this song really uncomfortable.

Considering the first two greats were really dumb, I'm pretty happy with this.

I'm finally able to hit most stuff on EHHS, but my stamina can't keep up. I'm really impressed by the good scores you guys are getting.

Only song I really tried, at least I'm able to keep up with single note stream.

This seems a bit overrated, the only nasty part is the mini-jacks and I've seen harder jacky stuff on lower VCs. The fact that they are hand biased also helps a lot (I got like 7-0-0-1 on them non-mirror on my first run).

God, the feeling of IT'S HAPPENING while playing this. Playing long streamy index files on rates is really paying off. Currently my 2nd best AAA.

Really bad ending. Could improve playing properly warmed-up but it would hardly get near SDG territory.

Easily improvable, lot's of dumb errors.

How to do the triplet walls ;_;

Really fun file. I'll eventually try to put some effort in it.

My first play through this file was really terrible, but got this ok score right after.

Can't keep up with this file at all.

MyNameIsNothing 04-18-2014 10:33 PM

Really dumb miss on Church Bells.

Can't do those one hand jack things on this.

Gimme the SDG pls ;-;

Also a D5 song because Black is super extremely fun.

I'll get a score for Lawn Wake when I'm less bad.

AutotelicBrown 04-19-2014 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyNameIsNothing (Post 4119210)
Can't do those one hand jack things on this.

Have you tried it on mirror? Your performance on those mini-jacks is nearly identical mine non-mirror.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyNameIsNothing (Post 4119210)
Also a D5 song because Black is super extremely fun.

I was already impressed by the 4g score, but seeing where you got them you could've pretty much AAAd it. Really awesome score.

Deidara837 04-19-2014 10:59 AM

You guys are ridic, my best AAA still a 55

I see a jacky song, gonna like that, though I'm an outside>inside jack person rather than right>left (or left>right). I *should* do well on Lawn Wake but it's probably gonna troll me

AutotelicBrown 04-19-2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deidara837 (Post 4119582)
You guys are ridic, my best AAA still a 55

You have really good scores on some harder stuff though, like that Frictional Nevada. From what I can tell you'd easaly grab some mid-high VCs working a bit on consistency.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deidara837 (Post 4119582)
I see a jacky song, gonna like that, though I'm an outside>inside jack person rather than right>left (or left>right).

I always felt jacking with index was easier, except for really long ones on the left side (most likely because old songs were heavely biased on jacks with the left middle finger). It will be really bad in your case because it's like 3 instances of index mini-jacks pattern and only one with middle finger.

Deidara837 04-19-2014 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutotelicBrown (Post 4119713)
I always felt jacking with index was easier, except for really long ones on the left side (most likely because old songs were heavely biased on jacks with the left middle finger). It will be really bad in your case because it's like 3 instances of index mini-jacks pattern and only one with middle finger.

Oh good at least they're minijacks, starting up a sesh now so let's hope this goes better than last week xD

AutotelicBrown 04-19-2014 03:44 PM

Happy mashing. Hope you get some remarkable scores.

axith 04-20-2014 12:04 AM

My first score post of the week:

I'll be taking care of points for week 5 on Monday. So if there's any straggler scores, submit them soon. I'll be updating the spreadsheet to this post before I go to bed tonight.

I will start sending out a pm to people on the spreadsheet when I post new songs. If you want to opt out of the pm updates, just let me know.

I'm feeling halfhearted about this list of D5 songs. If anyone has songs they'd like to play for the rivalry please suggest them. I'm down to two songs in my suggestion list: Sleep and My So Called Life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutotelicBrown (Post 4119203)
By the way, it would be really nice to have some kind of incentive for D4 players to get D5 worthy scores on their songs (joining the D5 pool or something along this line?).

Do you mean a credit bonus for AAAing songs? Restructuring the point system to give more preference to the top scores? D4 people getting points for D5 songs as well? I wouldn't mind having a conversation on the subject with you though PMs if you would like.

AutotelicBrown 04-20-2014 12:59 AM

Little improvement on Ambient Angels:

Quote:

Originally Posted by axith (Post 4120117)
Do you mean a credit bonus for AAAing songs? Restructuring the point system to give more preference to the top scores? D4 people getting points for D5 songs as well? I wouldn't mind having a conversation on the subject with you though PMs if you would like.

Sorry, I just realized I worded it in a terribly ambiguous way. I was talking about D4 players getting scores on D5 songs comparable to D5 players. Haven't really give a thought about how to actually do it, but I don't think mixing the points would be the way to go. I'll PM you if I have something more concrete to work with.

MyNameIsNothing 04-20-2014 01:49 AM

Quote:

Have you tried it on mirror? Your performance on those mini-jacks is nearly identical mine non-mirror.
Thanks for the tip. It improves my PA by a bit, definitely picking up less goods than I did on my initial run. Can't manage to get a run right now where I don't pick up bad misses atm, so I'll keep working at it. You're BF on it is sick though.

Quote:

I was already impressed by the 4g score, but seeing where you got them you could've pretty much AAAd it. Really awesome score.
Thanks :D I think the song just really plays to my strengths, and it's always easier to play a song when you're enjoying what you're listening to.

I went back and watched my replay earlier and I dunno how I picked up those first 3 goods. ;-; The fourth one at least made sense to me. But I think if I grinded out the song enough I could end up getting a AAA on it if I was playing extremely consistently.

Oh and here's a few more scores I suppose. :P

I'm pretty bad at this song, but meh.

This song is fun stuff, I wanna try and work down the miss count some when I'm less tired.

I still can't Lawn Wake apparently, and Press Pause is hellish, so I'll get to them soon.

3lijah 04-20-2014 01:53 AM

Can I submit a score that I already AAAd or no

Yulanik 04-20-2014 02:00 AM

Only scores you've gotten after the week's song have been posted.