Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Coronavirus (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151781)

drizzleRomanceGirl 04-13-2020 10:10 AM

Re: Coronavirus

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 4725561)
"Getting up close and personal can be hazardous to your health!"

For Massachusetts, it looks like Salem now has a mandatory order for masks (or scarves/cloth face covering) for essential services stores and restaurants. Other people should see if their state will be issuing a similar order in the near future.

california is doing that but washington isn’t yet

Charu 04-13-2020 10:17 AM

Quote:

For Massachusetts, it looks like Salem now has a mandatory order for masks (or scarves/cloth face covering) for essential services stores and restaurants. Other people should see if their state will be issuing a similar order in the near future.

I've been waiting to see if anything like that comes up since I keep reading that the higher ups are considering doing that. I wonder, when this is all over, if that's just gonna be the new cultural thing in the states.

Twiznitch 04-15-2020 06:44 AM

I'm considered an "essential employee", and I'm a homebody. So life has been relatively unchanged for me. Work, home, game, and sleep lol. Although my moms boyfriend is in a care facility that was on full lockdown from the public, and yet he's the only person I personally knew that has caught the virus.

Funnygurl555 04-15-2020 10:05 AM

ight so who has their checks 'cause ya girl does

it's a good day

i mean most of that shit's hitting savings but i'm still blowing a couple hundred

flipsta_lombax 04-15-2020 12:03 PM

Hey everyone.

If you haven't received a direct deposit and wanted to know of your payment status, IRS has launched the portal so you can check:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/econ...mpact-payments

_DJ Vinyl_ 04-17-2020 04:18 PM

I got mine quick as like they know who I am

ULTIMEGA 04-17-2020 08:24 PM

Quote:

My town placed this order a few weeks ago, and now all of Texas has this order out. My town is small, so we're a bit more lax on it. but if you go into some places like Dallas or Houston, they crack down HARD on it.

TC_Halogen 04-18-2020 09:13 AM

Maryland put that same order out a few days ago and it's mandatory as of today.

drizzleRomanceGirl 04-18-2020 09:18 AM

why hasn’t washington required masks? none of the cashiers or other employees i saw and most of the customers (including me) aren’t wearing masks inside stores

gold stinger 04-18-2020 09:54 AM

North America now makes up 1/3rd of all cases of Coronavirus in the world, with United States being responsible for 93.3% of those cases.

Stay safe out there.

omega_grunt666 04-18-2020 08:38 PM

Wack

XelNya 04-18-2020 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzleRomanceGirl (Post 4725756)
why hasn’t washington required masks? none of the cashiers or other employees i saw and most of the customers (including me) aren’t wearing masks inside stores

Because you can't find them anywhere so it's a shit idea. Unless they wanna start handing them out.

If you want though, go to Safeway. They're apparently forcing employees (at the employee's own cost) to wear one or not come to work, at least out where I live. That's what an employee told me today.

dAnceguy117 04-18-2020 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4725780)
Because you can't find them anywhere so it's a shit idea. Unless they wanna start handing them out.

bro

homemade masks

XelNya 04-18-2020 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 4725781)
bro

homemade masks

Yes, let's legally require people to:

1. Go purchase something you can't find right now. (Send 'em where they're needed - the damn hospitals.)
2. Learn to home make it / wreck something they own to make it / go out of their way to buy something ect
3. Buy it from some idiot you don't know, and tbh it's likely not going to do a good job anyways - much like the one you just made

that makes sense to me

in that it doesn't

if it gives you a creature comfort, neat. But it literally doesn't do any *actual* good

dAnceguy117 04-19-2020 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4725782)
it's likely not going to do a good job anyways

source??

XelNya 04-19-2020 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 4725786)
source??

You aren’t seriously going to argue a handmade mask is on par with a proper medical grade one are you?

You see mother fuckers in hospitals using those?

j-rodd123 04-19-2020 09:57 AM

That’s obviously not his point

TC_Halogen 04-19-2020 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4725795)
You aren’t seriously going to argue a handmade mask is on par with a proper medical grade one are you?

You see mother fuckers in hospitals using those?

That's not the point you made, though. You basically said "it's not going to do any good." That's demonstrably false because some protection is absolutely better than no protection. If you're symptomatic, you're at least curbing some of the spread of particles if you have some sort of covering. It's no N95/N99/etc, but it's still something.

I also feel that you're somewhat disillusioned if you believe that hospital workers aren't using handmade masks, especially in states whose impacts are substantially worse than other locations in the country. There's been alternative "solutions" for PPE needing to be used throughout the country — so yes, it's absolutely safe to assume that anyone who is working in an extremely high-risk occupation will take anything they can get.

EDIT: Highly impacted states have also seen organizations going out of their way to donate masks to help reduce the impacts of not having enough; New York is a great example of this and it only takes literally a five second Google search to see it.

XelNya 04-19-2020 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-rodd123 (Post 4725797)
That’s obviously not his point

No, it was mine. I’m saying legally requiring me to wear a mask isn’t fine unless it is being provided, and that an improper one isn’t going to do any good.

Aj, my post is based off the ones I am seeing while I am out working, as I am in grocery stores five days a week, the article you linked at the bottom specifically mentions the ones being donated have filters, or at the least a pocket for one. The ones I am seeing don’t do that.

drizzleRomanceGirl 04-19-2020 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4725780)

If you want though, go to Safeway. They're apparently forcing employees (at the employee's own cost) to wear one or not come to work, at least out where I live. That's what an employee told me today.

people can wear scarves and other things though

*edit* nevermind someone else already said that

i don’t think the safeway near me is requiring employees to wear masks