Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXVII Game Thread How Was Awakening Reviewed (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=147492)

MixMasterLar 05-18-2017 12:07 AM

Re: TWG CLXVII Game Thread How Was Awakening Reviewed

Also DarkManticore You lurk far more then you post and that's going to change if I have a say in it

Wayward Vagabond 05-18-2017 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4552378)
I hit post before I responded to Wayward

Hey, bud you wanna tell me what's weird about it?

>Xel confirmed wolf
>Saying our night kills instead of the night kills

MixMasterLar 05-18-2017 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4552385)
>Xel confirmed wolf
>Saying our night kills instead of the night kills

We have nightkills that happen that we have to deal with.
I mean I see your point but like that's honestly how I think of it most of the time. "Look what we have here" "Look at what we have to fucking deal with" Look at these night kills we have" etc.

So I mean, ok that's fair enough but in my head that sounds pretty natural.

DarkManticoreX2 05-18-2017 12:43 AM

Tbh I have no interest in TWG tonight. I'll get something done tomorrow.

tiloco217 05-18-2017 12:49 AM

At the risk of pissing you off more I still don't think you fixed the issue of almost every read having a clearly defined way to change it. However I think that if you were mafia you probably would have thrown some scum on me there and you really didn't. There probably isn't a point of arguing it anymore but I couldn't resist a last jab.

Also I disagree that confirmeds (and yes I know I am not quite that but whatever) should be controlling the town. Interactions with a confirmed mean nothing 90% of the time. Doesn't mean I should do nothing but it also doesn't mean I should be leading.

I don't think that last paragraph gets my point across well enough while rereading it so I'm going to give an example. My read on Xiz depends a lot on how he is reading people and why he is reading them that way. Being able to poke xiz frequently and seeing how he reacts was very helpful in developing that read. However a lot of that had to do with how his read on me was developing and now I have no way to gauge that. Even being only semi-confirmed he has no reason to evaluate me right now so I have no good way to judge interactions between me and him aside from tone which is also very different when talking to a confirmed.

MixMasterLar 05-18-2017 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiloco217 (Post 4552388)
At the risk of pissing you off more I still don't think you fixed the issue of almost every read having a clearly defined way to change it.

Can't fix what isn't a fucking issue. Now if you want to continue this you better actually properly quote what I said and actually address it. Although I promise when you do you'll realie how silly you sound.

Quote:

Also I disagree that confirmeds (and yes I know I am not quite that but whatever) should be controlling the town. Interactions with a confirmed mean nothing 90% of the time. Doesn't mean I should do nothing but it also doesn't mean I should be leading.

This is pretty damn wrong. Confirmeds are giving organic reads and their points can be trusted as pure. Not always right, but pure. This is actually huge because you have someone to bounce ideas off of without having to fucking question if they are manipulating you somehow.

Quote:

I don't think that last paragraph gets my point across well enough while rereading it so I'm going to give an example. My read on Xiz depends a lot on how he is reading people and why he is reading them that way. Being able to poke xiz frequently and seeing how he reacts was very helpful in developing that read. However a lot of that had to do with how his read on me was developing and now I have no way to gauge that. Even being only semi-confirmed he has no reason to evaluate me right now so I have no good way to judge interactions between me and him aside from tone which is also very different when talking to a confirmed.

I think I understand less.....

tiloco217 05-18-2017 01:03 AM

Sure the other towns have someone they know is town but I have no idea who is town and have a lot harder time getting reads on people. My reads are going to be developing significantly less because I am now missing a large portion of the game (interactions including or referencing myself). It's just as easy if not easier for mafia to take advantage of their being a confirmed in the game as it is for a town to take advantage of the help.

tiloco217 05-18-2017 01:04 AM

I really don't think I'm explaining this very well but trust me there is a good point in there somewhere. I'll find a good way to explain it to you eventually

MixMasterLar 05-18-2017 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiloco217 (Post 4552390)
Sure the other towns have someone they know is town but I have no idea who is town and have a lot harder time getting reads on people. My reads are going to be developing significantly less because I am now missing a large portion of the game (interactions including or referencing myself). It's just as easy if not easier for mafia to take advantage of their being a confirmed in the game as it is for a town to take advantage of the help.

Fucking how? Wolves always know who is town so nothing changes from their point of view. It's pure net positive.

Also this point about how you don't get anything out of it so it's not worth it to let the rest of town benefit is pretty dumb

Shit I don't even know how I got dragged in this convo I didn't ask you to leave I told you not to be so lazy

MixMasterLar 05-18-2017 01:08 AM

Fucking

Lead* not leave

tiloco217 05-18-2017 01:28 AM

I wrote up another few paragraphs about it then realized that none of it really added anything to the discussion. I don't think I'm in the right mind frame to have this argument right now tbh

Soundwave- 05-18-2017 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4548314)
Soundwave-, you are Wallflower. You are a town aligned Dandelion. Each night phase, you may shut the fuck up. How exciting.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Nice role guess here's my pm and now you have confirm exdee.

blindreper1179 05-18-2017 08:04 AM

Awp. Mod kill on the way.

Celirra 05-18-2017 09:09 AM

How exciting.

Wayward Vagabond 05-18-2017 09:31 AM

Finally soundwave does something productive

blindreper1179 05-18-2017 11:30 AM

So I decided to step back and redo my positions on the game.

Lar- I'm going with town for right now. He's making points on his own behalf even though they aren't well liked, by tiloco for example. Lol some of your reads did have scapegoat, but you're not set in stone on them, I get it.

Tiloco - I realize you're missing interactions you need to use, but lar has a point. He's not fully correct imo, but you should plant seeds, give us your worlds, etc. Unfortunately being a mystery game, I'm suspicious of ya, but I'm listening to you until final 3 or 5 if we both make it.

Soundwave- haven't done much to change my view on you actually. I still think you're scummy.

InD- I'm sorry, I should of listened. You're human or a savagely amazing busser, which I don't think you are. Lol Your input is also really needed and desired for us town imo.

Lunch is over will finish later.

Xiz 05-18-2017 11:42 AM

Wallflower...

wallflower...

wall...

flower...

Wall of flowers!!!

Dandelion...

dandelion...

dandy...

lion...

He's a dandy lion!

"Shut the fuck up"

shut...

the fuck...

up....

fuck... up...

fuck up at birth!

Xiz 05-18-2017 11:48 AM

jk blind i luv u

Xiz 05-18-2017 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4552407)
Awp. Mod kill on the way.

Actually this is a weird post. You didn't even read and know that it was a joke.

Xiz 05-18-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4552476)
So I decided to step back and redo my positions on the game.

Lar- I'm going with town for right now. He's making points on his own behalf even though they aren't well liked, by tiloco for example. Lol some of your reads did have scapegoat, but you're not set in stone on them, I get it.

Tiloco - I realize you're missing interactions you need to use, but lar has a point. He's not fully correct imo, but you should plant seeds, give us your worlds, etc. Unfortunately being a mystery game, I'm suspicious of ya, but I'm listening to you until final 3 or 5 if we both make it.

Soundwave- haven't done much to change my view on you actually. I still think you're scummy.

InD- I'm sorry, I should of listened. You're human or a savagely amazing busser, which I don't think you are. Lol Your input is also really needed and desired for us town imo.

Lunch is over will finish later.

I get your read on lar but I feel like you should be able to dive deeper into your read on him. Just by judging MML on the past page isn't the best way to develop a read on someone. I get you are trying to take a step back and get a fresh perspective but just by posting what has just happened in the past page isn't the best way to approach that. If anything I was expecting more of a read that would tie in a past thought/read with the current one.