Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Ingame Song Information (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=34509)

dag12 03-22-2009 08:34 PM

Re: R1 - Actual Song Difficulties V2

I completely disagree. PE Gymnastics was one of the best files, in my opinion. Great PR, fun, etc. Maybe the jacks turned you off?

On another note, I only really have a complaint against Radio Heads.

cedolad 03-22-2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stavie33 (Post 3023466)
Lol, most of behans files are FMO, the rest are like VC except for a few, I'll list some, and @ TC_Halogen, Gymnastics is one of the 4 (seriously behan, was that meant to be a joke or did you really make that file? You're like, the god of file making and somehow that came out of your holy ass, that's just, WTF?)

List of FMO behan files:

Piano Etude Gymnastics (Hardest FMO in the game)
Mario Minor
Radio Heads (That song is win)
Hellhounds on my Trail (The BEST rock song on the site, it's stepped SO well it makes it the most fun file in secret IMO)
World Tour 2004

The 4 files that make me go "behan, was that really you?"

1. Piano Etude Gymnastics (don't get me started)
2. Black key etude (idk, maybe it's b/c I BF'd it over 30 times, but I think I did b/c some parts really just don't fit, it's a hard as hell song to step, so hard that I'd think it would end up something like OMWv2, but it didn't, it's a good file, just not the normal behan quality)
3. Orchestral Angels (not a bad file, just lackluster)
4. Black Wing Metamorphosis (once more, good file, lackluster)

Every other file he made is the godliest **** on the site, my personal favs are:

Final Step (THIS IS GOD!! How the hell did he step this so perfectly?)
Air Sul in G rock
The Lunatic Princess
Casket of Star
Shining Sword
Fake Jazz
Every other file he's ever made

God damn I gotta start paying more attention...

But yeah Final Step and Shining Sword are definitely his best files.

Niala 03-22-2009 09:00 PM

I've never actually played through Radio Head, because I get to the part with all left arrows and jumps thrown in, and I just stop, thinking "This is stupid, I don't wanna finish this..." and just boo out. If it doesn't do that again after the start, say "aie," and I'll actually play it and form a less biased opinion.

Patashu 03-22-2009 09:48 PM

It does it at least twice.

Radio Heads is gaaay but at least one file has to be left hand bias central so that's o.k.

stavie33 03-22-2009 10:07 PM

I honestly hate the file, but it's technically correct, and I love the song, so it's a really well stepped file, I just suck at it and it hurts my left hand, but I think it's a great file technical wise

mhss1992 03-23-2009 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niala (Post 3023400)
I'm pretty sure it isn't, but check the thread just to make sure.

300 isn't in the list, that's why I asked.
Why can't they just make every FMO an Oni get? It says in the Skill Token page: "AAA a For Masters Only song to unlock Otaku Speedvibe [Oni]".

Niala 03-23-2009 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhss1992 (Post 3023834)
300 isn't in the list, that's why I asked.
Why can't they just make every FMO an Oni get? It says in the Skill Token page: "AAA a For Masters Only song to unlock Otaku Speedvibe [Oni]".

I agree that they should, but, when you think about it, when the [Oni] token was released, there were only certain songs that were FMO's released, and more have been released since then. That's probably the only reason that it's so few songs that you'll receive [Oni] for, and same for [Heavy].

Lol@Redundance of the word "released."

jimerax 03-23-2009 07:25 AM

k

Kanon-Kanon - high BPM, but isn't too long/don't have too many 8th jacks. high-VC fits more IMO.
Nitrx - has some jacks, borderline. Is it clearly harder than R.Reactor 3 or Fei Longer?
NWE - pending
First Try - it's actually hard due to embarrassing long jacks.. need more opinions.
KiM - there're a few hard 24th spots, yet other parts are fairly easy. could be FMO but borderline.
Tetris - pending

and discussions (quality, preference, etc) of certain simfiles should be done in ingame file thread, you know.

mhss1992 03-23-2009 07:29 AM

I was thinking: can a song's difficulty be raised by the fact that it's a blue syndrome file? I mean, those early funk and hip-hop are very tricky to AAA, and also long.

Look at Terror from Beyond, for example: it's full of mini gallops that were supposed to be jumps and somewhere around the 390 notes, there is a mini jack that can surprise many people who haven't played it before, not to mention it's a bit off-sync, like most blue syndrome files. Shouldn't it be standard, or maybe even tricky?

stavie33 03-23-2009 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 3023861)
k

Kanon-Kanon - high BPM, but isn't too long/don't have too many 8th jacks. high-VC fits more IMO.
Nitrx - has some jacks, borderline. Is it clearly harder than R.Reactor 3 or Fei Longer?
NWE - pending
First Try - it's actually hard due to embarrassing long jacks.. need more opinions.
KiM - there're a few hard 24th spots, yet other parts are fairly easy. could be FMO but borderline.
Tetris - pending

and discussions (quality, preference, etc) of certain simfiles should be done in ingame file thread, you know.

@ Kanon Kanon, :( I still think it needs to be FMO, but what JX says goes
@ Nitrx, definitely harder than R Reactor 3 and Fei Longer, I AAA'd Illumination of the sky again today but couldn't AAA Nitrx, kept BF'ing, I'd say low VC
@ First Try - make it difficult please, embarrassingly long jacks = phail
@ KiM - Up to you, honestly

robertsona 03-23-2009 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archelos (Post 3022449)
So not only is the guy who stepped this a ****ing moron

calm down zybanthia

Bolth mannn 03-23-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

k

NWE - pending
Tetris - pending

Kanon-Kanon - I think the high BPM alone should make it FMO...for people with speed this song is fairly easy...but you can say the same about Lawn Wake 1 and BB Evo...but theyre FMOs...i personally find BB Evolution harder than Kanon.

Nitrx: jack wise, its a tad bit harder than fei longer cause your not always expecting it, but id make it VC due to the 12th jumpstreams near the end (i think theyre 12ths lol) they can be quite hard to read. harder than frozen.

NWE: i personally think it should stay an FMO...it might not be extremely hard...but some of the patterns are quite hard...the fast left handed and right handed short trills can be annoying...but i guess thats cause im not elite..but still...

First try: when it comes to long slow jacks, i cant PA for crap..idk what it is about them, but i cant ready them very well...should definately be a Difficult

KiM: definately a low FMO...the patterns arent too hard but theyre quite akward...and some fast bursts your not expecting. definately low FMO though.

Tetris: uhmm even though the first and last part of this song are really fast and me myself cant even PA them...i think it should still be a difficult...the middles too easy so it eliminates any Very difficultness about it.

qqwref 03-24-2009 12:42 AM

Quote:

The jacks are way easier than those in Fei Longer IMO; since there are so few of them in Nitrx most players will know exactly where they are after a few playthroughs (like with RunnyMorning). I think Nitrx is a VC mostly because it's all 12th note (jump)stream with random 64ths in it. The straight 12ths are hard enough to read (since I'm not used to them) but the 64ths at basically random positions give me a lot of goods and throw off my timing.

stavie33 03-24-2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0 (Post 3024276)
why isn't fotbb an oni get? was it an FMO before the av-miss fix and all that?

Because it's too hard to be an Oni get, it's definitely one of the hardest FMO's IMO, I have 9-0-0-0 on Big Blue, 4-0-0-0 on Piano Etude Demon Fire, and even 6-0-0-0 on Frictional Nevada

Do you know what my FotBB score is? 72-38-0-11, yeah, that's right, those trills are killer and the background makes it freeze and lag constantly, I'd rate it a 83 if I had a say in it

qqwref 03-24-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0 (Post 3024834)
fotbb isn't that hard IMO

I completely disagree.

Quote:

I wish they would just make every FMO unlock oni

you know, since the requirement is "AAA a For Masters Only song".

I completely agree.

TC_Halogen 03-25-2009 01:51 AM

Quote:

k

NWE - pending
Tetris - pending

Kanon-Kanon: /

Leave it as is. In comparison to other FMOs, this one will turn into an easy FMO AAA, we don't want that.

Nitrx: /

Also leave it as it is. Other than the right hand jack set, there's nothing hard about the chart once you realize the green notes can be tied with the purple notes to make jumps and you can still get perfects.

NWE: --

Seriously, drop this to VC, and make it so that it's no longer an Oni get. It has too many AAAs for an FMO, and it's getting abused. >_>;

I haven't seen KiM or Tetris, I'll take a look at those later.

stavie33 03-25-2009 06:21 AM

Quote:

fotbb isn't that hard IMO

Can you SDG it? If you can't SDG it, it's hard

robertsona 03-25-2009 07:09 AM

fotbb is impossibler than rato

srsly

mhss1992 03-25-2009 08:03 AM

Why isn't it FGO?
It's harder than Caprice.

stavie33 03-25-2009 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhss1992 (Post 3025154)
Why isn't it FGO?
It's harder than Caprice.

I agree. That will be the only FMO I'll never SDG (I've actually SDG'd every FMO but 4, and one is FotBB) The others I have under 20 goods, FotBB I'm at 70 goods, it should be bumped up IMO (just b/c of the background)