Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   [Concluded] The Trio's Almost Vanilla Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=141296)

_Zenith_ 04-16-2015 04:48 PM

Re: The Trio's Almost Vanilla Tournament

Quote:

Originally Posted by llyair (Post 4304941)
Also, bumping because Round 5 ends tonight at 9PM server time!

So considering that, does anyone have any comments/suggestions/questions/anything about what you like or don't like? Or anything we can improve upon, or you'd like to see done differently? Maybe we'll be able to use your ideas to improve Round 6, or if that's not possible, then at least keep it in mind for the future! :)

Keep in mind that there are four people hosting this tournament, as per we are a User Tournament Group. We will most certainly use any tips or comments on how to improve the way we handle tournaments or any ideas. There will definitely be more tournaments from the UTG.

badman7772 04-16-2015 04:49 PM

I'm just gonna throw out what llyair and I talked about earlier. Auto-record should be an assist tool to prevent intentional sniping and stop people from holding scores until the end of the round.

That being said not this coming round, but in future tournaments that use this auto-recording feature, we should be required to post any score that's recorded into the spreadsheet and we'll be able to call out snipers at that point.

_Zenith_ 04-16-2015 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badman7772 (Post 4304944)
I'm just gonna throw out what llyair and I talked about earlier. Auto-record should be an assist tool to prevent intentional sniping and stop people from holding scores until the end of the round.

That being said not this coming round, but in future tournaments that use this auto-recording feature, we should be required to post any score that's recorded into the spreadsheet and we'll be able to call out snipers at that point.

Score sniping is a part of tournaments so that would mean essentially losing an aspect of any tournament.

The Official Tournament uses their auto-recording score script and there's tons of snipes in there.

While this is something that orientates friendly gameplay during a tournament, it is definitely an aspect of any given tournament; User or Staff.

BUT

If we ever decide to use the Automatic Recording script again then we will mandate posting scores into the Tournament Thread to ensure a friendlier environment when participating in one of our tournaments. Thank you for the suggestion!

badman7772 04-16-2015 05:00 PM

At least there's also good sniping. The people that REALLY legitimately get their scores at the last minute to move on. Holding your score until the very last second is a dick move and it can prevent a player from possibly playing their full potential because they think they'll win via non-submission.

_Zenith_ 04-16-2015 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badman7772 (Post 4304946)
At least there's also good sniping. The people that REALLY legitimately get their scores at the last minute to move on. Holding your score until the very last second is a dick move and it can prevent a player from possibly playing their full potential because they think they'll win via non-submission.

imho intentionally holding onto a score should be good deductible because it truly is such an asshole move. I agree that people who spend the entire length of a Round to conjure their best score on the song and post the best improvement in the last hour or so in the Round deserve to move on compared to players who intentionally hold on.

In our next tournament besides mandatory score submissions in thread; I personally will check the dates and times to see if there are any withheld scores and penalize someone who does this. As any tournament host, they reserve the right to do so. (sun)

Rapta 04-16-2015 06:27 PM

I donated to the tournament if that's still a thing.

http://imgur.com/BEUz33n

llyair 04-16-2015 06:28 PM

Just going to jump back in here with an update for ChaosBolt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosBolt (Post 4304173)
It does load slowly, but that's not the problem. The engine loads everything except my user data. I've kept the computer on the R^3 engine for an hour straight once and it still didn't load.

Hey Chaos!! So here's something else you could try (if you haven't already):

press start, search for %appdata% > Roaming > Macromedia, delete Flash Player folder to clear your cache‏

(thanks to PrawnSkunk for the help!)

llyair 04-16-2015 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapta (Post 4304976)
I donated to the tournament if that's still a thing.

http://imgur.com/BEUz33n

It is! Thank you so much for the donation, Rapta!! :D Portalbob will add you to the OP soon~

Edit:
I should also stop double posting hehheh x_x

Edit2:
According to Zenith (master of the credit distributions), the credit pool is at 897,000 credits ;)

Rapta 04-16-2015 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llyair (Post 4304978)
It is! Thank you so much for the donation, Rapta!! :D

Edit:
I should also stop double posting hehheh x_x

Lmao I just reread the OP and missed the part that said "send to xxxxedfghkwefxxx". Whoops.

llyair 04-16-2015 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapta (Post 4304981)
Lmao I just reread the OP and missed the part that said "send to xxxxedfghkwefxxx". Whoops.

LOL it's alright, we can just reroute the credits to kingkilla (Zenith's alt) :) It is a bit confusing and you weren't the only one to send to portal hehe :)

_Zenith_ 04-16-2015 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapta (Post 4304981)

I meant to change that to _Zenith_ haha

Thank you a lot for the donation!

sickufully 04-16-2015 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llyair (Post 4304941)
So considering that, does anyone have any comments/suggestions/questions/anything about what you like or don't like? Or anything we can improve upon, or you'd like to see done differently? Maybe we'll be able to use your ideas to improve Round 6, or if that's not possible, then at least keep it in mind for the future! :)

I actually really liked this tourney and the way things were ran. It served a little differently to other tourneys with the song submission and the auto-recording features. A little disappointed more people couldn't join. Maybe one improvement could be to have spon-cons or something to increase the threads activity. The whole tourney barely managed 10 pages while others have 50+ because no one had to post their scores. Not that it's a major issue or anything, just a little more activity in the thread would be nice. With that being said, would love to see these features in other tourneys and for you guys to host another one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4304947)
In our next tournament besides mandatory score submissions in thread; I personally will check the dates and times to see if there are any withheld scores and penalize someone who does this. As any tournament host, they reserve the right to do so.

Totally agree with this. Any scores posted on the last day of any round have to be within the hour of attaining it or it's a void score. Any score before that final 24 hours is OK though, no matter when achieved during the round (although it still should be posted straight away).

FFR Pro 21 04-16-2015 07:43 PM

Pretty good. :)

_Zenith_ 04-16-2015 07:54 PM

FFR Pro how is your timestamp saying 4/17/2015? Are you a day ahead of us down in New York? :p

badman7772 04-16-2015 07:57 PM

They should fix that timestamp to match server time srsly.

Oh and what in the world?! Wall has been set for the final round. :D

llyair 04-16-2015 08:31 PM

Omg, badman, whatttttttt?! I am so jealous, the best I could do yesterday was 9g x_x

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thanks for the suggestions so far, it really helps! :)

It sounds like the main concerns about using auto-recording is the lack of thread activity, knowing your rivals, having a friendly environment, and maybe just all-in-all missing the feeling of being part of an active tournament.

And that possible ways of improving this are to:
1) make posting scores in thread mandatory.
2) have sponcons.
Both are definitely doable, and we'll see what we can do for Round 6. It's probably not a good idea to suddenly require score submissions, though, so that might have to be a note for future tournaments :)

So I guess the question is whether the pros outweigh the cons for using auto-recording for each tournament xD Especially if there are alternative ways to achieve the advantages of using it (like making a blanket rule that posting valid scores is time-sensitive). This is good to keep in mind to make any future tournaments the best we can! :)

Anyways I'm also glad no one has mentioned (or maybe they haven't had a chance to mention) feeling like this invades privacy in any way (like wanting to play a song without anyone knowing)... idk, I was wondering about that, too.

And also glad no one suggested getting less PMs from me yet xD I was hoping I wasn't over-spamming anyone hehe.

rushyrulz 04-16-2015 08:51 PM

in case autorecord isn't up yet

llyair 04-16-2015 09:00 PM

Round Six of the Almost-Vanilla Tournament Has Begun!

D7 - (96) Staple on Smile & (94) Husigi Usagi Milk Tei

D6 - (89) You Time & (88) Rave 5

D5 - (80) Pandemonium & (80) The Steel Monster Above the City

D4 - (69) Gravity Blast & (69) Scythe of 13

D3 - (62) La Fuite Des Jours - Piano Solo & (61) Truth (xKore Remix)

D2 - (43) Senorita Bonita & (45) Fire

Round Six ends at 9PM Server Time on Tuesday, April 21st.

Kawaii025 04-16-2015 09:12 PM

For once I'm glad I'm not in D2. :P

lol
also lol ;)

badman7772 04-16-2015 09:22 PM

Just won D5. Nicely ran tourney guys. It's been fun. :)

Wall going into this round: 1630
Raw score away from AAAing both songs: 1105