Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   TC_Halogen's Keysmash Refresher Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151670)

SubaruPoptart 02-22-2020 09:40 PM

Re: TC_Halogen's Keysmash Refresher Tournament

yea by the way all-y'all saying that you're not gonna make it to another round, I'mma keep sending this.
you can do it

TC_Halogen 02-22-2020 10:03 PM

Round 6 has begun!

hazard28 02-22-2020 10:15 PM

Man this has been fun but I'm out here, just can't get my score better on this song sadly. Good luck to the survivors of D4!

Andrew WCY 02-22-2020 11:46 PM

Powerflux for D5 in round 6?! This round's going to be interesting.
Good luck to all remaining survivors!

SubaruPoptart 02-23-2020 12:45 AM

Aragami after we had Halcyon is giving me flashbacks. Halcyon was manageable, Aragami's a bit of a nightmare. As bmah told me in the discord, practicing Apocalypse should help a lil bit.

Durvin 02-23-2020 04:43 PM

Powerflux?? jemini
I'm gonna give it my best shot tomorrow, though i miiiiiight end up with spamming as it is a big, BIG boy chart.
i honestly thought i would fall out two rounds ago, so this is an awesome surprise to say the least :)

SubaruPoptart 02-23-2020 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durvin (Post 4715085)
Powerflux?? jemini
I'm gonna give it my best shot tomorrow, though i miiiiiight end up with spamming as it is a big, BIG boy chart.
i honestly thought i would fall out two rounds ago, so this is an awesome surprise to say the least :)

Powerflux seems like one of the charts with the most variation on how people are gonna score. Lotsa notes, lotsa time, prolly the entire song's a chokepoint.

devonin 02-24-2020 08:38 PM

I'm out, the next closest person to me in level in my division is 10 levels above me. Zero chance to stay competitive. Good luck to everybody else in D1!

MixMasterLar 02-24-2020 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4715426)
I'm out, the next closest person to me in level in my division is 10 levels above me. Zero chance to stay competitive. Good luck to everybody else in D1!

literally came in thread to encourage you. You'll be surprised how how a score one can get when you put that nose to the grindstone and smash those arrows!

Don't go out not trying dude

devonin 02-24-2020 11:36 PM

I'm not beating D3 players on a D3 song from low D2. It just isn't happening.

TC_Halogen 02-24-2020 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4715655)
I'm not beating D3 players on a D3 song from low D2. It just isn't happening.

Placing yourself in a different and substantially lower realm is the wrong way to put it.

Instead, ask yourself: "what can I do to bring myself closer to them?"

At the end of the day, even if you don't succeed in surviving the round, efforts in applying yourself will make you a better player overall. In-engine isolation allows you to practice sections at a lower speed and improve ability much like you would through rudimentary practice of a musical instrument (that is: start slow, acquaint yourself with the fluency of what you're playing, then get closer and closer to normal speed).

Not devonin 02-25-2020 12:02 AM

When everybody involved started better than me, and has improved over the duration of the tournament, there's basically no chance no matter what I did that I could even survive the round, and if by some miracle I did, after burning dozens of hours on grinding away, I get what...eliminated in the next round so I get a few more credits?

Seriously though, the 5 other people still in have gained 12 skill levels between them, two of them aren't even in Division 2 anymore, and the gap of 10 levels between me and the next worst player is now 11 levels.

The score above me they've played 4 times in total and have 115% of my score.

I appreciate everybody being like "Oh don't be so down on yourself" but like...seriously, I have triple the goods, averages, misses and boos of the worst score besides mine. That's not getting "overcome" in one day of playing, and even if somehow it did, they played 4 times to get that score, they just see my 10 hours of marathon playing, and spend another 10 minutes and beat it :P

It's fine guys, I'm a level 33 going up against level 45-55 people, I won't win. That's just how it goes.

SubaruPoptart 02-25-2020 09:27 PM

34 minutes til the next round y'all! gl on ya stuffs!

TC_Halogen 02-25-2020 09:33 PM

Prepare to suffer.

SubaruPoptart 02-25-2020 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 4715716)
Prepare to suffer.

ah SHIT.
welp less than a minute!

TC_Halogen 02-25-2020 09:59 PM

The semi-final round has begun! Best of luck to all competitors, because shit's getting hard now.

SubaruPoptart 02-25-2020 10:00 PM

I'm sorry for your loss

I've also never heard of the D4 song so this is gonna be interesting

TC_Halogen 02-25-2020 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4715720)

I'm sorry for your loss

I've also never heard of the D4 song so this is gonna be interesting

Brace yourself.

SubaruPoptart 02-25-2020 10:04 PM

HOLY SHIT I LOVE THE D4 SONG. It's infinitely better than I was expecting it to be.

Jayden1234 02-25-2020 10:04 PM

You know, getting eliminated this round won't be so bad; at least I won't have to endure what Halogen has in store for the finals.