Old 01-9-2018, 06:50 PM   #1
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran
 
blindreper1179's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: repping tha D!
Age: 29
Posts: 5,892
Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179
Default FFR Rap battle contest

Hello FFR! A little late making the thread, but better late than never! We've found our contestants and we've found our song, now all we need to do is battle for victory!

All of the following have signed up to take on the challenge:
C#
WTFBrandon
blind
Xtreme2252 submission (https://m.soundcloud.com/scarefish-2/happy-new-year-18)
l1luminati
Prism
Ssbmchamp
Funnygurl555 submission (https://soundcloud.com/ofg5x3o/ffr-r...e-submission-1)
Fruitninja
.Gazelle.
RB_Spirit
infinity.
Foxfire667 submission (https://soundcloud.com/foxfire667/ff...-introspection)
-Blue7- submission (https://soundcloud.com/initgen/ffr-rap-contest)

The song GOLD by Icarus moth is our beat of choice! The song is located here (https://soundcloud.com/icarusmoth/se...e-sens/s-x5pu8)

Good luck to all who entered, and you may post here or wait until voting and send me your song in a pm.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Overwatch streaming whenever I'm on(Trying every tuesday night (10pm-12/1am EST) https://www.twitch.tv/blindreper

Last edited by PrawnSkunk; 02-23-2018 at 11:38 PM..
blindreper1179 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:59 PM   #2
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Wayward Vagabond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 29
Posts: 5,407
Default Re: FFR Rap battle contest

YEAH BOI
__________________
Wayward Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:10 PM   #3
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran
 
blindreper1179's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: repping tha D!
Age: 29
Posts: 5,892
Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179
Default Re: FFR Rap battle contest

I'm glad someone is HYPED
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Overwatch streaming whenever I'm on(Trying every tuesday night (10pm-12/1am EST) https://www.twitch.tv/blindreper
blindreper1179 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:12 PM   #4
mrpreggers
FFR Player
 
mrpreggers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,197
Default Re: FFR Rap battle contest

hell yeah
__________________
mrpreggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:12 PM   #5
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
foxfire667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: USA
Age: 24
Posts: 2,094
Default Re: FFR Rap battle contest

Figure I'd make a post since it's quiet, and you probably want some progress and feedback that things are happening. I'm currently putting some work into this now, hoping to get to the point where I have all the info and direction I want to begin actually writing lyrics.

I don't want other contestants to see my stuff just yet, but I could PM you my google doc if you're interested. Then you can look on my progress, well until I actually sing it anyway.
__________________
SM pack archiver | 1.5 Billion Club | StepMania Online: [Register]
foxfire667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:34 PM   #6
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran
 
blindreper1179's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: repping tha D!
Age: 29
Posts: 5,892
Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179
Default Re: FFR Rap battle contest

That's ok, whenever you're ready to show it, I'm ready to listen.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Overwatch streaming whenever I'm on(Trying every tuesday night (10pm-12/1am EST) https://www.twitch.tv/blindreper
blindreper1179 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:01 PM   #7
who_cares973
FFR Player
 
who_cares973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: :U
Age: 29
Posts: 14,939
Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973
Default Re: FFR Rap battle contest

whats the time limit on this because i haven't had any time to really sit down and write anything
__________________
who_cares973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:03 PM   #8
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran
 
blindreper1179's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: repping tha D!
Age: 29
Posts: 5,892
Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179
Default Re: FFR Rap battle contest

I put 3 weeks, so the 26th, since it didn't really start until the 4th.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Overwatch streaming whenever I'm on(Trying every tuesday night (10pm-12/1am EST) https://www.twitch.tv/blindreper
blindreper1179 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:11 AM   #9
My Nth Sightly
FFR Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 2
Default Re: FFR Rap battle contest

Are newly registered members are able to submit entries? Maybe too late?
My Nth Sightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:02 PM   #10
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran
 
blindreper1179's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: repping tha D!
Age: 29
Posts: 5,892
Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179
Default Re: FFR Rap battle contest

I'm giving this until the end of sunday to submit. I've only received two so far, I would like everyone that joined to submit!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Overwatch streaming whenever I'm on(Trying every tuesday night (10pm-12/1am EST) https://www.twitch.tv/blindreper
blindreper1179 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 06:58 AM   #11
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Wayward Vagabond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 29
Posts: 5,407
Default Re: FFR Rap battle contest

Sorry my dude but I've been dying for the past week
__________________
Wayward Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:03 PM   #12
ssbmchamp
Can't improve at this game.
FFR Veteran
 
ssbmchamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,075
Default Re: FFR Rap battle contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
Sorry my dude but I've been dying for the past week
Freestyle, you wont!
ssbmchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 08:44 PM   #13
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
foxfire667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: USA
Age: 24
Posts: 2,094
Default Re: FFR Rap battle contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindreper1179 View Post
I'm giving this until the end of sunday to submit. I've only received two so far, I would like everyone that joined to submit!
I was wondering about the submissions so far, was hoping a lot of people are holding out until the very end to submit (or maybe pushed them to you via PM).

Since I'm here, want to let it be known that I've gotten about a minute and 20 seconds written and sung out, and was planning on plowing through the rest tomorrow after work. Since the date has been extended, I'll do a little review Saturday morning before I post it. Putting some actual effort into this (not that it means much as I'm not exactly a rapper), so hopefully it ends up being alright in the end!
__________________
SM pack archiver | 1.5 Billion Club | StepMania Online: [Register]
foxfire667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 03:55 PM   #14
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
foxfire667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: USA
Age: 24
Posts: 2,094
Default Re: FFR Rap battle contest

Contest submission:
Introspection - Foxfire
(Soundcloud tags didn't work right rip)
The time is here, another new year
Can’t quite pin down, just how I’ve been feeling
Maybe if I write it out, I can cast aside my doubt
Let’s take a moment and own up to some introspection
Man I felt it hard, but you know how those feelings are far from
Scars from war and torture, or a fatal disorder so
You have no reason to cry, keep it inside, carbonate your fucking mind and
Cap off that bottle you fought to keep down with those thoughts from the night that so graciously hound you.
Mothers unwell, can hardly move at only 50. Kept her pain to herself to pay the bills and feed her family.
I can’t stand seeing her like this, or fight the thoughts that haunt me as I write this
Cause maybe she’d be okay today if only she had the heart to say
I can’t keep this up, my body's had enough, or
How bout a brother whose down in a spiral where sobrieties pain and getting high’s a denial
I try my best to keep him up, make peace with the world even if it’s tough but
I’m not much better than he is with anxiety waiting to seep in
It’s less like a feeling and more like you’re dealing with bad shit you and ya friend smoked in his car
Death gripping your chest, you’re counting your breaths
Maybe a minute a moment a day, as long as it wants to that burden will stay
Never truly over, just wishing to be sober
My turmoil will never be [move over]
Can’t sit by and let you hide from your good side any longer
If you put the focus on only the stuff that’s rough all that negativity will keep on adding up
Then damn, before you know it, life’s ran its course and all you’re showing the
world is nothing a bleak soul mourning, a body that’s weak and a mind in torment
Remember your drive, to better, your mind
Getting a semblance of self confidence, being accountable to my interests
Your progress, is high, anxiety denied
Think of the weeks in a row that’d you’d freak but now you’ve got one hell of a sobering streak!
My strength, is growing, my body, is flowing
I look in the mirror and like what I see, finally feel like I’ve got energy.
And surely I can’t deny my friends are close, love them the most
I’ve got a mind to keep climbing out, life’s been better trying than just laying down
I just want to be happy with myself inside and out

I did take this seriously, but don't expect the world from an amateur. It's hard to push through and post because of that, but that's something I've got to learn to get over anyway. To anyone interested, this google document has all the pre-writing brainstorm stuff in it I mentioned a couple weeks ago. I didn't do everything I wanted, but I did a few things I liked I wasn't even initially aiming for so I'm satisfied. This was quite fun to do, and took up a fair bit of my week after work trying to puzzle and flow things together in a way that wasn't stupid. Even if no one else submits, I very much appreciate the revival of this contest and the initial effort you put forth to make it happen blindreper! For the sake of the event though, it'd be nice to see a couple more at least by tomorrow...
__________________
SM pack archiver | 1.5 Billion Club | StepMania Online: [Register]
foxfire667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 06:00 PM   #15
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Wayward Vagabond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 29
Posts: 5,407
Default Re: FFR Rap battle contest

extending this a bit and pushing people would be nice. my voice is still pretty gone and im still feeling under the weather
__________________
Wayward Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 06:56 PM   #16
Funnygurl555
-_-
FFR Veteran
 
Funnygurl555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 21
Posts: 1,432
Default Re: FFR Rap battle contest

sorry i had finals i'ma start workin' on this
__________________
\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯
Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 07:31 PM   #17
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
foxfire667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: USA
Age: 24
Posts: 2,094
Default Re: FFR Rap battle contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
extending this a bit and pushing people would be nice. my voice is still pretty gone and im still feeling under the weather
Only thing is it's already been 3 weeks, and the thread has had barely activity at all relative to how many people actually said they'd participate. With the cash prize, and the extension nearing us into the month mark already, I really can't believe there is anything that is going to push people more to put something out. Maybe people forgot, so I'll say it again, blind is offering up $30 as a frekin prize here! What more push can you ask for when average event prizes are e-tokens and credits?
__________________
SM pack archiver | 1.5 Billion Club | StepMania Online: [Register]
foxfire667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 09:30 PM   #18
midnghtraver
Icarus Moth
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran
 
midnghtraver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Age: 22
Posts: 2,062
Default Re: FFR Rap battle contest

Oh my lord I didn't even realize this was happening

<3

I believe in you all

Last edited by midnghtraver; 01-27-2018 at 09:31 PM.. Reason: I actually read what was happening
midnghtraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:52 PM   #19
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Wayward Vagabond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 29
Posts: 5,407
Default Re: FFR Rap battle contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire667 View Post
Contest submission:
Introspection - Foxfire
(Soundcloud tags didn't work right rip)
The time is here, another new year
Can’t quite pin down, just how I’ve been feeling
Maybe if I write it out, I can cast aside my doubt
Let’s take a moment and own up to some introspection
Man I felt it hard, but you know how those feelings are far from
Scars from war and torture, or a fatal disorder so
You have no reason to cry, keep it inside, carbonate your fucking mind and
Cap off that bottle you fought to keep down with those thoughts from the night that so graciously hound you.
Mothers unwell, can hardly move at only 50. Kept her pain to herself to pay the bills and feed her family.
I can’t stand seeing her like this, or fight the thoughts that haunt me as I write this
Cause maybe she’d be okay today if only she had the heart to say
I can’t keep this up, my body's had enough, or
How bout a brother whose down in a spiral where sobrieties pain and getting high’s a denial
I try my best to keep him up, make peace with the world even if it’s tough but
I’m not much better than he is with anxiety waiting to seep in
It’s less like a feeling and more like you’re dealing with bad shit you and ya friend smoked in his car
Death gripping your chest, you’re counting your breaths
Maybe a minute a moment a day, as long as it wants to that burden will stay
Never truly over, just wishing to be sober
My turmoil will never be [move over]
Can’t sit by and let you hide from your good side any longer
If you put the focus on only the stuff that’s rough all that negativity will keep on adding up
Then damn, before you know it, life’s ran its course and all you’re showing the
world is nothing a bleak soul mourning, a body that’s weak and a mind in torment
Remember your drive, to better, your mind
Getting a semblance of self confidence, being accountable to my interests
Your progress, is high, anxiety denied
Think of the weeks in a row that’d you’d freak but now you’ve got one hell of a sobering streak!
My strength, is growing, my body, is flowing
I look in the mirror and like what I see, finally feel like I’ve got energy.
And surely I can’t deny my friends are close, love them the most
I’ve got a mind to keep climbing out, life’s been better trying than just laying down
I just want to be happy with myself inside and out

I did take this seriously, but don't expect the world from an amateur. It's hard to push through and post because of that, but that's something I've got to learn to get over anyway. To anyone interested, this google document has all the pre-writing brainstorm stuff in it I mentioned a couple weeks ago. I didn't do everything I wanted, but I did a few things I liked I wasn't even initially aiming for so I'm satisfied. This was quite fun to do, and took up a fair bit of my week after work trying to puzzle and flow things together in a way that wasn't stupid. Even if no one else submits, I very much appreciate the revival of this contest and the initial effort you put forth to make it happen blindreper! For the sake of the event though, it'd be nice to see a couple more at least by tomorrow...
this is really dope
__________________
Wayward Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:54 PM   #20
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Wayward Vagabond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 29
Posts: 5,407
Default Re: FFR Rap battle contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire667 View Post
Only thing is it's already been 3 weeks, and the thread has had barely activity at all relative to how many people actually said they'd participate. With the cash prize, and the extension nearing us into the month mark already, I really can't believe there is anything that is going to push people more to put something out. Maybe people forgot, so I'll say it again, blind is offering up $30 as a frekin prize here! What more push can you ask for when average event prizes are e-tokens and credits?
i started a new job and that has been my focus. i was going to spend this last week and a half ish to focus on this but getting sick really made that not happen. i didnt even realize there was a cash prize rofl. only doing this because i like it and it would be nice to actually get something written and finished.
__________________
Wayward Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution