Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 04:10 AM   #1
badman7772
It happens for a reason.
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default badman7772's Tournament of Darkness - REDEMPTION [Conclusion]

Welcome to badman7772's Tournament of Darkness - REDEMPTION!

Before you proceed with entering into this tournament, you might wanna read everything AND I MEAN EVERYTHING in this post. You don't want any negative surprises coming your way because you failed to read something.

Registration is now closed!

This is a Vanilla tournament, but with a twist. You are required to use the Dark mod. There is ONE exception to this, and that's if you use the Velocity engine. However, you are encouraged to use Dark while playing on that engine as well, but if you don't, that's fine.

That being said: The following things you should consider reading.

-This tournament will be a CUMULATIVE tournament! This means no eliminations or anything like that.

-As stated before, you are required to use the Dark mod unless you are using the Velocity engine.

-There will be 7 (seven) divisions (D1-D7) and some divisions may be added/removed based on signup attendance and placing. You will be placed based on your skill rating AND top 50 scores. One score may not merit what division you're in. I will not place you down because you're rusty. I should not be accountable for that anyways. If there is a mistake in your top 4 scores (slow-rate scores, etc.) PM me with replay(s) of such scores.

-There will be 6 (six) rounds, each lasting 4 (four) days). Server time will be applied for this tournament.

-We will be using RAW scoring. This should be a standard now, right?

-Token songs may be picked, so you may have to unlock the token to play the song. Secret/Purchased genre songs will not be picked.

-There will be an additional optional challenge every round. These challenges will award a random FFR Trading Card Game pack upon completion. These packs may also award credits for achievements as well. (You must be in the tournament to do any challenge.)

-Each round's songs must be completed (passing) AND posted into THIS THREAD. PMing me scores is not allowed.

-Scores not showing that Dark mod was used (except Velocity engine scores) will not count. No other exceptions!

-All submissions must have a time stamp and username of the player posting that score.

-You must submit a screenshot (not a replay) of your score. Screenshots of replay results are accepted as long as they meet recording criteria.

-If I have to click a link or anything of the sort to see your score, I'm not counting it. If you need help with this let me know.

-I will count scores that do NOT record. As long as you meet the criteria for a score to be legitimately recorded, it will be counted. This is just in case you obtain a score during site downtime.

-The obvious "No Cheating" rule. Hopefully you know the consequences for being caught.

If you feel like you need an extension for a good enough reason, let me know. Depending on the reason, I may grant you an extension. If you submit a score after the previous round's conclusion, you will be deducted 50 raw points (equivalent to 2 goods) for each day late. I reserve the right to deny an extension for any reason.

If you fail to submit a valid score for two straight rounds unless I say otherwise, you will be removed from the tournament and you will not receive any consolation prizes.

You cannot get an extension on the side challenges. Either you do them or you don't. They are 100% optional.

You are allowed to officially ghost any division you want INSTEAD OF YOUR OWN. If you are rusty and you feel like you aren't as good as your division's standards, you may sign up for any division. You can only officially ghost one division.

However: If the division you ghost is lower than what you qualify for, you cannot qualify for any top cut prizes and can only qualify to participate in the challenges and receive the tournament completion prize!

If you do ghost a division no more than 3 divisions below you and you would make the top cut, your completion prize will be doubled.

As I mentioned in the details section, there will be a side-event challenge in each round during this tournament. These challenges will most likely be games outside of FFR. For each submission of these challenges, you must show your login information on the top-right hand corner of the page unless otherwise noted. If you don't, your submission will not count.

A random FFR Trading Card Game pack will be awarded upon completion of each challenge. There are also achievements that you may complete, which will award you credits based on what you manage to complete, plus cards will be added to your collection. If a competition in the challenge is involved, the top cut will be awarded a second random TCG pack, so do the best you can!

All Tier packs and the Token pack can be awarded. You could be lucky enough to snag a Token pack to help you towards obtaining an actual Event, Support, or Tournament Fundraiser Token, or you could get the Quantum pack that contains nothing at all! Who knows!

Note: Weekly lucky songs will not apply for this tournament.

If you're new to the FFR TCG and you want to get a jump start on your collection, check out this thread! There are new challenges every week, and you could be awarded more credits on top for achievements! I am part of the TCG staff so myself or rushyrulz will unwrap your packs there too!

CLICK HERE FOR THE TOURNAMENT SPREADSHEET! ALL UPDATES AND STUFF WILL BE ON THIS SHEET!

Donations are accepted for this tournament! By donating, you are helping me try to reach the biggest credit pot I've ever had hosting a tournament! I want to give big prizes to everyone, and every credit helps do so!

Prize Pot: 1,600,000

Donor List <333

mrpreggers: 180,334
Funnygurl555: 50,000
Hakulyte: 46,922
_Zenith_: 42,000
rushyrulz: 35,000
DarkBlaze347: 34,444
A Cheap Lemon: 30,000
KLiTz: 30,000
AragakiAyase: 29,331
axith: 20,000
Kawaii025: 11,000
AOD_ELEMENT: 10,000
DDRNGGin: 7,772
Cold Kitten: 7,180
helphelp11: 5,932

If you're on this list, you can pick your BG color and text color in the spreadsheet. Just make sure they don't blend in or come really close to it.

If you have any questions or just want to chat, you may do any of the following:
-Send me a PM
-Message me on Skype (c_man72)
-Leave a comment on my profile

Round 1

D1: Fatum Anima (14)
D2: Kick It (25)
D3: Vanishing Gungaroon (46)
D4: Randomness Reactor III (56)
D5: XTC Hill Zone Act 24.7 (63)
D5.5: Chronograph (67)
D6: Lawn Wake IX (74)

If you're a legit D7 player registering during this round, just play D6's song. You will play your own songs next round.

Challenge

Click here to play Flappy Bird!

To complete this challenge, you must submit a score of at least 15. The top 5 highest scores will receive a second random TCG pack at the end of this round.

Keep in mind that if you complete all six of these challenges (one every round) then you will get a TCG pack of your choice!

Remember folks. I need proof that you're logged onto FFR for these challenges.

Also one more reminder that you must use dark mod for this tournament or your score won't count! If you're using Velocity engine however, it's fine if you don't use it. This is because that Velocity engine doesn't show proof of using dark mod, and I don't want to keep players from playing on their best engine.

This round will end on Friday, July 10th at 11:59 PM Server Time!

Round 2

D1: Speed Kitty (20)
D2: H.T.I.J. (29)
D3: Suit Up (51)
D4: Infiltration (61)
D5: ETERNAL DRAIN [Heavy] (67)
D5.5: Circuitry (71)
D6: Magical Higan Tour 2009 (79)

If you haven't submitted a score for round 1, you can still do so but it'll cost you 50 points per day late. Also people that have not submitted at all since the tourney started by the end of this round will will be DQ'd.

Challenge

Click here to play Tetris!

To complete this challenge, end the game at 50 or more lines. You may start at any level.
The top 10 submissions with the most lines will be awarded a random TCG pack at the end of this round. I figured 5 wouldn't be enough this time around.

So you know, saving your best score does not exist this time around. Make sure you actually take that screenshot this time or you will lose it!

If you did not complete the last challenge, fear not as you can still do the rest, and if you're a TCG player, you are encouraged to complete the rest of these challenges. You just won't get the TCG pack for completing all six challenges.

This round will end on Tuesday, July 14th at 11:59 PM Server Time!

Round 3

D1: Indigo (25)
D2: F (33)
D3: BB Euro (56)
D4: Wonder World! v2 (66)*
D5: Future Destination (71)
D5.5: Gourmet na Aitsu (73)
D6: Across Rooftops (81)

D4 you have a skill Token song. The requirement should not be hard to fufill. Just gotta AAA Wonder World!

PS. I figured _DJ Vinyl_ would get a kick out of the song name.

Challenge

Click here to play Wonderputt!

In this game, it's a very interesting 18 hole golf course! To complete this challenge, you must complete all 18 holes! The 5 8 players with the lowest stroke count wins a random TCG pack! Good golf scores are "under par."

This round will end on Saturday, July 18th at 11:59 PM Server Time!

Round 4

D1: Song For All Time (30)
D2: Eternal Nightmare [Heavy] (37)
D3: Survive (60)
D4: Thrash (69)
D5: The Big Crunch (74)
D5.5: Silly Symphony (76)
D6: Title (Double Dragon) (83)

Lucky you! Everyone gets to play longer songs this round!

Challenge

Click here to play Sonic Unfair!

The explanation is in the game. Won't be as easy as you'd hope. (or is it?) To complete this challenge, you have to beat the game and take a screenshot containing the death total you ended up with. There are 7 levels. The top 5 lowest death counts will win a random FFR TCG pack.

In addition, any perfect scores (beating the game with 0 deaths) will award you an additional FFR TCG pack of your choice! If more than 5 people beat the game with 0 deaths, all 0 death scores will also get the top cut pack as well.

NOTE! PLEASE READ!

-This game will not run on Google Chrome. Firefox is recommended.
-Turn the sound off or you will be annoyed by the overlapping music.
-You're more than welcome to download the game, but the game will crash on the last level if you die.

This round will end on Wednesday, July 22nd at 11:59 PM Server Time!

Round 5

D1: Dragon Slayer (35)
D2: J219 (Ura-Rokkou Mix) (44)
D3: Aerospace (63)
D4: Starwolf (72)
D5: Great Battleship (76)
D5.5: Gunkienin Tarusuigin (79)
D6: Etude for the Sinners (85)

D2 you guys are way too good. Giant spike for you.

Challenge

Click here to play Super Mario Bros!

Remember the 1980's where your score was more important than anything? Play as much as you can and get the most points possible! To complete this challenge, get a score of at least 15,000 points.

The top 10 highest scores will win a TCG pack of their choice! You must post what pack you'd like to receive upon submitting your scores (assuming you top) or you will get a random pack instead. You will still get a random pack for submitting.

This round will end on Sunday, July 26th at 11:59 PM Server Time!

Final Round

D1: Solitude Sun (40)
D2: Secrets and Lies (47)
D3: May The Triforce Be With You (66)
D4: Crow Solace (74)
D5: Schur's Theorem (80)
D5.5: Shippuujinrai (82)
D6: Rage Template (86)

This is it! The finals!

Challenge

Click here to play Helicopter!

I bet a few of you saw this coming. You know this is a Tournament of Darkness final round tradition! To complete this challenge, get a distance of at least 500. The top 3 scores will receive TWO TCG packs of their choice!

Also if you have completed all six challenges, tell me what pack you would like and you will be awarded that pack as well as your random pack! Lots of cards being given out this round!

This round will end on Thursday, July 30th at 11:59 PM Server Time!

Last edited by badman7772; 07-31-2015 at 12:42 AM..
Old 06-29-2015, 09:14 PM   #2
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: badman7772's Tournament of Darkness - REDEMPTION

Approved
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 06-29-2015, 09:16 PM   #3
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

INNNNN

pikakirby123 reincarnated

Old 06-29-2015, 09:17 PM   #4
PhantomPuppy
Washed and Irrelevant D7
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

in

10th OT (D3): 13th
11th OT (D6): 11th
12th OT (D6): 6th
13th OT (D7): 31st
14th OT (D7): 25th
15th OT (D7): LAST PLACE
16th OT (D7): LAST PLACE LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
you know what they say

under all the rust is really shiny...……… metal
Old 06-29-2015, 09:19 PM   #5
badman7772
It happens for a reason.
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

A lot of excited folks already! If I managed to hold onto 1st place in the vanilla tourney, all credits will go directly into the prize pot.

I will be editing a few things in the OP as well and will be informing you guys on each update as I go.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:22 PM   #6
Jtehanonymous
Hunger Games Hunty
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Jtehanonymous

in~

I buy all FFR Trading Cards I don't own:
See My FFR TCG Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
Jtehanonymous

You have completed the Lucky Achievement and will be awarded 25k credits.

seriously what the fuck.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:22 PM   #7
awein999
(ಠ⌣ಠ)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to awein999

INnards
Old 06-29-2015, 09:25 PM   #8
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

in i guess (sun)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom
Old 06-29-2015, 09:27 PM   #9
badman7772
It happens for a reason.
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Oh yeah! I need to mention this rule as it may impact how you wish to attend this tournament.

You are allowed to officially ghost any division you want INSTEAD OF YOUR OWN. If you are rusty and you feel like you aren't as good as your division's standards, you may sign up for any division. You can only officially ghost one division.

However: If the division you ghost is lower than what you qualify for, you cannot qualify for any top cut prizes and can only qualify to participate in the challenges and receive the tournament completion prize!

Last edited by badman7772; 06-29-2015 at 09:27 PM..
Old 06-29-2015, 09:28 PM   #10
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Donated to the cause!

Old 06-29-2015, 09:33 PM   #11
badman7772
It happens for a reason.
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Woo! Thanks a lot Zenith! <3
Old 06-29-2015, 09:47 PM   #12
Ksl33zy24
The New York Yankees
FFR Veteran

inn, i'm guessing they don't want tournies running together, eh? not a bad idea.

Last edited by Ksl33zy24; 06-29-2015 at 09:48 PM..
Old 06-29-2015, 09:53 PM   #13
ThunderFlip
={<>=The Hero of Time=>
FFR Veteran

In
Old 06-29-2015, 09:54 PM   #14
badman7772
It happens for a reason.
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I had this thing turned in like 2 rounds into the vanilla tourney. I actually requested to not have this approved until the tourney's over, which it essentially is. Good enough. :P

Just didn't wanna ruin the spotlight of stuff.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:54 PM   #15
PhantomPuppy
Washed and Irrelevant D7
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

oh boy, thunder u signing up for D5? do we finally face each other again?!!

10th OT (D3): 13th
11th OT (D6): 11th
12th OT (D6): 6th
13th OT (D7): 31st
14th OT (D7): 25th
15th OT (D7): LAST PLACE
16th OT (D7): LAST PLACE LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
you know what they say

under all the rust is really shiny...……… metal
Old 06-29-2015, 10:00 PM   #16