Old 04-13-2016, 10:22 PM   #41
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran
 
igotrhythm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Meesheegan
Age: 34
Posts: 6,533
Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm
Default Re: New TWG Rules Proposal & Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
I literally spent 10 minutes in the library looking for the TWG forum on Smogon and couldn't find it what the fuck is this witchcraft IGR
bahahaha about time I got some new sig material
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
I literally spent 10 minutes in the library looking for the TWG forum on Smogon and couldn't find it what the fuck is this witchcraft IGR
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:57 PM   #42
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~
 
DaBackpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: unlikely
Age: 26
Posts: 846
Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: New TWG Rules Proposal & Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post

11) So long as a player has died during the night phase only, they are entitled to one (1) deathpost. Deathposts cannot be relevant to the game, even if there are cardflips, and cannot inhibit other players from playing the game, such as posting the entire script to the Spongebob Squarepants Movie.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:02 PM   #43
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~
 
DaBackpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: unlikely
Age: 26
Posts: 846
Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: New TWG Rules Proposal & Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
this is a grey-area but I want to say yes.

how does it not is the question here.

third parties are tricky...
I would like to challenge this

the only reason I was able to win as serial killer once was to claim my role and side with humans (even though I was planning on backstabbing them in the penultimate phase) and force the game into a final four

in any game with multiple (more than two) factions, siding with another faction (including town) can be a strategic move and should not automatically constitute modkilling imo

at worst, the game setup's balance should be considered on a game-to-game basis --- one of the last games, the serial killer wasn't allowed to claim because it would screw up the game balance, but games like C9++ often are balanced in cases where SK claims happen

tl;dr I think it should be up to the host's discretion based on the game setup
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:02 PM   #44
dAnceguy117
please be partient
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
dAnceguy117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: GA
Age: 29
Posts: 10,017
Default Re: New TWG Rules Proposal & Discussion

god I love you dbp
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:02 PM   #45
dAnceguy117
please be partient
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
dAnceguy117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: GA
Age: 29
Posts: 10,017
Default Re: New TWG Rules Proposal & Discussion

@spongebob script
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:08 PM   #46
dAnceguy117
please be partient
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
dAnceguy117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: GA
Age: 29
Posts: 10,017
Default Re: New TWG Rules Proposal & Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I would like to challenge this

the only reason I was able to win as serial killer once was to claim my role and side with humans (even though I was planning on backstabbing them in the penultimate phase) and force the game into a final four

in any game with multiple (more than two) factions, siding with another faction (including town) can be a strategic move and should not automatically constitute modkilling imo

at worst, the game setup's balance should be considered on a game-to-game basis --- one of the last games, the serial killer wasn't allowed to claim because it would screw up the game balance, but games like C9++ often are balanced in cases where SK claims happen

tl;dr I think it should be up to the host's discretion based on the game setup
I want to say typically claiming SK as SK (unless it's the only thing that will save you from getting lynched, or maybe a few other rare-ish scenarios where you're forced to play your hand) will decrease your chances of winning the game, significantly. killing the SK is part of town's win condition. and part of wolves' win condition. who have a factional nightkill.

that's a good point though, and I think it should be less about modkilling and more about potential after-game repercussions if malicious intent was obvious.

Last edited by dAnceguy117; 04-13-2016 at 11:09 PM..
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:16 PM   #47
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~
 
DaBackpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: unlikely
Age: 26
Posts: 846
Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: New TWG Rules Proposal & Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
I want to say typically claiming SK as SK (unless it's the only thing that will save you from getting lynched, or maybe a few other rare-ish scenarios where you're forced to play your hand) will decrease your chances of winning the game, significantly. killing the SK is part of town's win condition.
I agree that most of the time it will work against you, but in the other scenarios it's also a gambit, sort of like fakeclaiming cop. You have a remarkably high chance of getting killed by town when you execute it (and mess up), but gambits in and of themselves are parts of a larger strategy and should be treated as such. (e.g. thinking ahead and realizing that it's impossible to survive if you last until the Final Three, and claiming allows you to end the game during a night phase, claiming at least makes it possible to survive; or, fakeclaiming cop will 100% get you killed later on, but if you are a sinking ship you can claim cop in order to expose the real cop and help your teammates before you die.)

I agree with the malicious intent part --- but there's a difference between making a risky gambit and having it fail vs conceding the game.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:33 PM   #48
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Charu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 29
Posts: 6,978
Default Re: New TWG Rules Proposal & Discussion

I think plays like that make the game hell-a refreshing

That's just me though, hahaha
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:41 PM   #49
dAnceguy117
please be partient
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
dAnceguy117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: GA
Age: 29
Posts: 10,017
Default Re: New TWG Rules Proposal & Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
I think plays like that make the game hell-a refreshing

That's just me though, hahaha
it's very possible (especially early game) for it to not be a play whatsoever though and just be a turning the role into something it was never intended to be and shifting the balance of the game and making it far less interesting because deep SK runs are interesting as shit
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:41 PM   #50
dAnceguy117
please be partient
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
dAnceguy117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: GA
Age: 29
Posts: 10,017
Default Re: New TWG Rules Proposal & Discussion

dbp got them good points though.
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:43 PM   #51
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~
 
DaBackpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: unlikely
Age: 26
Posts: 846
Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: New TWG Rules Proposal & Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
it's very possible (especially early game) for it to not be a play whatsoever though and just be a turning the role into something it was never intended to be and shifting the balance of the game and making it far less interesting because deep SK runs are interesting as shit
this is totally possible

I guess my point is that it shouldn't be a blanket statement and should be taken case by case? idk
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:45 PM   #52
dAnceguy117
please be partient
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
dAnceguy117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: GA
Age: 29
Posts: 10,017
Default Re: New TWG Rules Proposal & Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
or, fakeclaiming cop will 100% get you killed later on, but if you are a sinking ship you can claim cop in order to expose the real cop and help your teammates before you die
I would say this is completely different. wolves win as a team and dying earlier doesn't impede your ability to meet wincon, especially if it means helping your teammates live longer.

claiming a role that is anti-town and needs to not die in order to win is far less often a reasonable play.
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:46 PM   #53
dAnceguy117
please be partient
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
dAnceguy117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: GA
Age: 29
Posts: 10,017
Default Re: New TWG Rules Proposal & Discussion

but yeah blanket statement not work here
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 08:49 PM   #54
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
storn42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 523
Default Re: New TWG Rules Proposal & Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
8) No player, for any reason, is required to play in 1 or more jTWG games before playing in a TWG game.
this rule feels a lot clunkier than it needs to be and is honestly quite confusing. it feels like the only reason this rule is here is because the old rule thread stated that you needed to play a jTWG. i think just stating that jTWGs exist and are good to beginners to play, but not required might be good enough.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
"I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times


Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post


storn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 09:43 PM   #55
XelNya
Kaho
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,670
Default Re: New TWG Rules Proposal & Discussion

I want to see a rule added where all game hosts must place the day / night lengths in all game OP's, especially when being voted on.

It's gotten a lot better recently, but I am of the "just in case" mentality.

On that note.

Should elaborate somewhere about "constructive posting" constraints and how they're to be handled in case some host actually thinks it's a good idea to use this.

Would like also a note in the rule set about language and fellow player treatment. I think the current stance is fine, but I don't think you touched on it anywhere.

I dig that all ban reasons should be public. 100% love that rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
I don't remember the exact circumstances, but I think Xel has done so as well.
I've done this twice actually Yoshl used it in a game to fake claim it and get me killed.

I'm still mad about it.

I haven't forgotten Yoshl.

You little shit.

There should be zero rules pertaining to how SK claims / if they do, because it CAN 100% be used to obtain victory when played correctly by a skilled player.

Possibly consider adding a rule about how votes are done for the hosts who use the auto vote counter.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
im honestly more concerned about the lack of light i get because of all the shade i'm throwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
xel feels so pure right now, definitely town

Last edited by XelNya; 04-14-2016 at 09:44 PM..
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 03:36 PM   #56
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran
 
thesunfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Age: 25
Posts: 2,258
Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan
Default Re: New TWG Rules Proposal & Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by storn42 View Post
this rule feels a lot clunkier than it needs to be and is honestly quite confusing. it feels like the only reason this rule is here is because the old rule thread stated that you needed to play a jTWG. i think just stating that jTWGs exist and are good to beginners to play, but not required might be good enough.
Interested in other people's thoughts, but I think just saying "jTTWGs are a thing" doesn't really have a place in a rules thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I want to see a rule added where all game hosts must place the day / night lengths in all game OP's, especially when being voted on.

It's gotten a lot better recently, but I am of the "just in case" mentality.

On that note.

Should elaborate somewhere about "constructive posting" constraints and how they're to be handled in case some host actually thinks it's a good idea to use this.

Would like also a note in the rule set about language and fellow player treatment. I think the current stance is fine, but I don't think you touched on it anywhere.

I dig that all ban reasons should be public. 100% love that rule.
The part about hosts putting day/night lengths is not really a rule thing, I think, it more relates to how games are modded. This will be discussed in a future thread along with a few other points.

By constructive posts I think you mean contentful? I think that this also falls under mod discretion.

A rule about language and fellow player treatment is probably necessary, that's a good point.

The reasoning for bans being public is because its the way its always been and its a good tradition. Trying to keep everything public rather than behind the scenes is the way to go, I think.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litodude View Post
i'm on page55, is this seriously how mafia games are played in other forums? is this what's been going on here over the years?

0 math games, all just pure rando dumbness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.

If roundbox flips town, look at his reads
thesunfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 03:39 PM   #57
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran
 
thesunfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Age: 25
Posts: 2,258
Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan
Default Re: New TWG Rules Proposal & Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I would like to challenge this

the only reason I was able to win as serial killer once was to claim my role and side with humans (even though I was planning on backstabbing them in the penultimate phase) and force the game into a final four

in any game with multiple (more than two) factions, siding with another faction (including town) can be a strategic move and should not automatically constitute modkilling imo

at worst, the game setup's balance should be considered on a game-to-game basis --- one of the last games, the serial killer wasn't allowed to claim because it would screw up the game balance, but games like C9++ often are balanced in cases where SK claims happen

tl;dr I think it should be up to the host's discretion based on the game setup
I agree that I think this should be done as a case by case basis. There are 100% situations where claiming SK is strategic and beneficial, I think that what you did was fine. I think most of the time SKs claim, its fine. But when someone does what choof did, or what nijatwo did a very long time ago, where you just claim a promise to townside, its pretty awful for the game and 100% constitutes playing against your win condition.

Case-by-case basis should make it so that it allows for strategically claiming your role, but not saying "Fuck my win condition"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litodude View Post
i'm on page55, is this seriously how mafia games are played in other forums? is this what's been going on here over the years?

0 math games, all just pure rando dumbness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.

If roundbox flips town, look at his reads
thesunfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 03:47 PM   #58
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
Sectional ModeratorEvent StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
YoshL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Celestial Harbor
Age: 26
Posts: 6,320
Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL
Default Re: New TWG Rules Proposal & Discussion

I think the cult really showcased that, because I wasn't sure what to do when hosting the bastard++ and people were openly threatening "If the cultist targets me i'm fucking outing them because fuck i have a good role" etc. etc.

case by case should be fine for this i think?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 03:59 PM   #59
XelNya
Kaho
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,670
Default Re: New TWG Rules Proposal & Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
By constructive posts I think you mean contentful? I think that this also falls under mod discretion.

A rule about language and fellow player treatment is probably necessary, that's a good point.

The reasoning for bans being public is because its the way its always been and its a good tradition. Trying to keep everything public rather than behind the scenes is the way to go, I think.
I did mean contentful, but I guess more what I'm after is that the rules never get added after the voting stage, and maybe the rules of game voting might need to be included so the rulebook is a bit more complete and encompasses everything?

I mean sure, I'm all for hosts choosing the rules for their games. However, I do think once the game has been voted for you should be shit out of luck on changing / adding rules.

Sorry if I seem a bit clingy to this.

Anyways on the ban thing: I agree aside from the tradition standpoint.

It's great. It really is. You don't have to wait till the time's up to know the reason, you can defend yourself if you feel you should, and if others have a disagreement they can voice it. It just makes more sense.

Also damn dbp on sk claims and stuff.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
im honestly more concerned about the lack of light i get because of all the shade i'm throwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
xel feels so pure right now, definitely town

Last edited by XelNya; 04-15-2016 at 04:01 PM..
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 04:03 PM   #60
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran
 
thesunfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Age: 25
Posts: 2,258
Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan
Default Re: New TWG Rules Proposal & Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
I think the cult really showcased that, because I wasn't sure what to do when hosting the bastard++ and people were openly threatening "If the cultist targets me i'm fucking outing them because fuck i have a good role" etc. etc.

case by case should be fine for this i think?
I mean this completely unsarcastically, the problem here is the fact that you're hosting a bastard game. Technically, they would be playing against their win condition, though. In signing up for a game such as Bastard++, you agree to put up with all possible bullshit, and that includes being converted to the cult.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litodude View Post
i'm on page55, is this seriously how mafia games are played in other forums? is this what's been going on here over the years?

0 math games, all just pure rando dumbness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.

If roundbox flips town, look at his reads
thesunfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution